SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

"Blackhawks although an original six are a laughing stock.......they suck and Johnny should see the light and stay at UND.....besides they already signed Skille and that should be more than enough"

Look at what Crosby did for the Penguins.......This year they have won just as many games as they did in the previous two years combined.

And look what difference Ovechkin has made for the Caps...all those points yet they are not in the playoffs.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

I am currently in the championship game of my fantasy league, but it's never too early to start planning one's title defense. Next season, do I pick Jonathan Toews or Peter Mueller? I'm leaning toward Mueller because he's had a great year with the Everett Silvertips and the Coyotes have a massive hole with regards to offensive pivots.

R.T.

Norfolk, Va.

If Toews plays in Chicago next season with Martin Havlat, I project him to go 25-52-77. Mueller will not do that next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...&id=2830880

John Buccigross article on espn.com. Looks like he thinks highly of Toews and "IF" he is going to be a blackhawk next season. "IF" is the key word there.

Chicago's web site has an announcement that they won the draft lottery, and will pick first. There IS NOTHIHG on there about JT signing today, or anything other than an article comparing his skills to Yzerman. I didn't read the article, so maybe something is in there, but I saw nothing on the main page about JT signing.

Chicago's web site has an announcement that they won the draft lottery, and will pick first. There IS NOTHIHG on there about JT signing today, or anything other than an article comparing his skills to Yzerman. I didn't read the article, so maybe something is in there, but I saw nothing on the main page about JT signing.

the DOT line still lives.

By moving from 5 to 1, the Hawks are about to draft someone that could potentially step in and play next year, and they could tell JT to wait one more year.

Several good eligible forwards, I'd bet on Alexei Cherepanov, Russia's next Ovechkin/Malkin.

Pat Kane was very good at the WJC as well.

There is still no agreement between the NHL and Russian Hockey so it all depends on how quickly they want to get their draft pick signed. I would bet on Kane being selected first overall too but don't count Turris out of the equation. Bucky will be sweating bullets if Turris gets selected by the LA Kings. :silly:

not that this means a whole lot but i saw toews today on campus going to class. still going to class gives a little hope of staying i hope

he will sign, just a matter of days. chicago's season is done so no rush....

not that this means a whole lot but i saw toews today on campus going to class. still going to class gives a little hope of staying i hope

Maybe he wants to finish the year in good standing so some day he can come back and finish college when he is done with his classes. Perry Berezin did just that when his pro career was over, he called up Calgary and said, "Hey remember when you promissed to pay for my education if I signed early, well I am ready to go back to school." Good reason to say in good standing.

Finish the semester, no in-completes and return at a later date for the ol' pig skin.*

*the term pig skin refers to a college degree, not to any SS.com member.*

When I went to school it was referred to as the old sheepskin. Pigskin was what the football team tried to cross the goal line with.