SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonny - you are a hero to many Sioux fans. Your play exemplifies Fighting Sioux hockey - strong two-way play, speed, strength, and class. Please, do yourself and all of your fans a favor. Stay in the green and white another year. Call up some former college players. Get an idea from those who have made this decision before you if they have any regrets about either staying or leaving school early.

Remember - in college the game is about winning. In the pros, the game is about making money. They may say it is about winning, but it really is all about $$$. In college you are a part of a FAMILY. Your teammates are your brothers. In the pros, you are a part of an organization. Your teammates are your, well, teammmates - at least for a year or so untill they (or you) sign with someone else. The NHL will still be there in 2008. Put yourself in YOUR shoes 20 or 25 years from now. What do you think 39 year old Jonny would say to 19 year old Jonny? I'd bet he'd say "You've got a long career ahead, but only a short time to win a National Title at North Dakota. Stay in school bud. Live it up. Grow, learn about the game, develop friendships, the Blackhawks can wait."

Come back to North Dakota just one more year. Convince the rest of your dynamic sophomore class to do the same. Then, win #8 and become more than just a hero to those who follow the Sioux. Become a Legend. Like the Hrkac Circus, Jeff Panzer, Karl Goerhing, Jim Archibald, Mark Taylor, Greg Johnson, Mike Commodore, your name will be spoken with reverance and awe. As the ghost of Babe Ruth said in one of my favorite movies, "Heroes get remembered...but Legends never die."

Remember - in college the game is about winning. In the pros, the game is about making money. They may say it is about winning, but it really is all about $$$.

And Chicago isn't going to be winning many games in the near future.

Edited by Goon

Jonny - you are a hero to many Sioux fans. Your play exemplifies Fighting Sioux hockey - strong two-way play, speed, strength, and class. Please, do yourself and all of your fans a favor. Stay in the green and white another year. Call up some former college players. Get an idea from those who have made this decision before you if they have any regrets about either staying or leaving school early.

Remember - in college the game is about winning. In the pros, the game is about making money. They may say it is about winning, but it really is all about $$$. In college you are a part of a FAMILY. Your teammates are your brothers. In the pros, you are a part of an organization. Your teammates are your, well, teammmates - at least for a year or so untill they (or you) sign with someone else. The NHL will still be there in 2008. Put yourself in YOUR shoes 20 or 25 years from now. What do you think 39 year old Jonny would say to 19 year old Jonny? I'd bet he'd say "You've got a long career ahead, but only a short time to win a National Title at North Dakota. Stay in school bud. Live it up. Grow, learn about the game, develop friendships, the Blackhawks can wait."

Come back to North Dakota just one more year. Convince the rest of your dynamic sophomore class to do the same. Then, win #8 and become more than just a hero to those who follow the Sioux. Become a Legend. Like the Hrkac Circus, Jeff Panzer, Karl Goerhing, Jim Archibald, Mark Taylor, Greg Johnson, Mike Commodore, your name will be spoken with reverance and awe. As the ghost of Babe Ruth said in one of my favorite movies, "Heroes get remembered...but Legends never die."

Excellent. :silly:

You've convinced me :silly:

Jonathan will be a pro tomorrow. There is ,in fact, a press conference being scheduled by the Blackhawks. To announce the signing of Toews? I don't know, but sounds feasible. Jonny grew up in Canada watching Don Cherry on Saturday nights. The dream is stepping out on the ice of the Montreal Forum, Maple Leaf Gardens, and Madison Square Garden, not winning the NCAAs. He was the most prototypical NHL forward in college hockey this year. He is ready.

Thanks for two great runs, kid. I'll be pulling for you in the NHL. Join the former Sioux 30 goal club with Parise and Blake!!!!!

Jonathan will be a pro tomorrow. There is ,in fact, a press conference being scheduled by the Blackhawks. To announce the signing of Toews? I don't know, but sounds feasible. Jonny grew up in Canada watching Don Cherry on Saturday nights. The dream is stepping out on the ice of the Montreal Forum, Maple Leaf Gardens, and Madison Square Garden, not winning the NCAAs. He was the most prototypical NHL forward in college hockey this year. He is ready.

Thanks for two great runs, kid. I'll be pulling for you in the NHL. Join the former Sioux 30 goal club with Parise and Blake!!!!!

Do they normally schedule press conferences to announce the signing of a player?

Even if he is the #3 overall pick.

They usually do a formal press release, but not a full conference. This gives us a little hope that the conference is announcing new sweaters or something. There isn't much to be excited about if you're a blackhawks fan except for the possibility of toews passing the puck to Havlat next year. I bet they will announce that Jonny signed. There is no debate over the contract he will receive, it will be the CBA max and max bonus. He is ready, Hakstal knows it, Savard knows it, Jonathan knows it. See ya kid, thanks for giving us two years!! Don't forget to send your kids to UND in 25-30 years :silly:

if it it true he truly will be missed and I wish him the best at the next level. but we will survive, who would have thought three years ago after losing parise, bochenski and blaise we would have mad eit to the frozen four and the title game albeit. let's hope we don't lose too much more beyond toews and lee.

if it it true he truly will be missed and I wish him the best at the next level. but we will survive, who would have thought three years ago after losing parise, bochenski and blaise we would have mad eit to the frozen four and the title game albeit. let's hope we don't lose too much more beyond toews and lee.

Who'd have thought we'd be back in the Frozen Four at Christmas? We had lost Stafford, Zajac, Spirko, Smaby (am I missing someone?) from last year and were below .500.

I stand by Chorney being the integral cog in 2007-2008. We need him back on that blue line. Listen to your Dad, Taylor, if you go too early you might not ever get more than a cup of coffee. Lead UND back to the Frozen Four, lead the country in defenseman scoring.

Too all uber-talented Sioux undergraduate phenoms...YOU CAN'T GET A "REAL" GRINDER AT 2 AM ANYWHERE OTHER THAN GRAND FORKS!

In college you are a part of a FAMILY. Your teammates are your brothers. In the pros, you are a part of an organization. Your teammates are your, well, teammates - at least for a year or so until they (or you) sign with someone else.

And don't forget, your experience at North Dakota will be the last time in your life that you get to be part of a team and a program that you chose to play for, and with teammates that made that same choice. There is something special about that. While it is hard to pass up the money, and the NHL is the ultimate dream, it will still be there in a year or two. Don't be in a hurry to grow up! You have the rest of your life to be an adult, but only the next year or two to remain a kid.

The preceeding message also applies to TJ, Taylor, Ryan, Brian, Joe, etc, etc.

"Blackhawks although an original six are a laughing stock.......they suck and Johnny should see the light and stay at UND.....besides they already signed Skille and that should be more than enough"

Look at what Crosby did for the Penguins.......This year they have won just as many games as they did in the previous two years combined.

"Blackhawks although an original six are a laughing stock.......they suck and Johnny should see the light and stay at UND.....besides they already signed Skille and that should be more than enough"

Look at what Crosby did for the Penguins.......This year they have won just as many games as they did in the previous two years combined.

crosby also has evgeni malkin, jordan stall, ryan whitney, mark recchi, sergei gonchar, marc andre fleury, and a number of other players who are good.

chicago has a good goalie and three good players.

I stand by Chorney being the integral cog in 2007-2008.

If Toews leaves, I see the integral cogs of 07-08 being:

Oshie, Chorney, and Duncan

If those 3 return and we lose Toews, I still think we have a team with a chance at the title.

Put Trupp to replace Toews, and you still have the DOT line. :silly:

Now, if Toews decides to stick around for another year of fun, you have a team that is a pre-season favorite to win the WCHA and the NCAA.

idk if this is true but i was on a blackhawk board and they said there is a news conference tomorrow at 1CDT announcing the signing of toews. i hope they are wrong!!

in a remote change of heart they are announcing he will return to grand forks to play his junior year and continue to develop at und.