SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random thoughts on Toews - it appears the consesus is that he is ready for the NHL and I would think it would be hard for anyone to argue that he isn't. His passion may very well indeed may be to come back to UND for 1 more year but not to be a glass-half-full kind of guy but I feel he may have no choice but to sign with the Bhawks. The Hawks have the #1 pick this year and likely will sign whomever that player may be for next year. Toews will want to protect his "turf" with the Hawks and show that he is The Man in Chicago as oppossed to taking a back seat to the 1st pick and therefore signing this year IMO.

Don't forget the back door and finished off with a mikes pizza. The flood came along and no more back door, Antique and Whitey's got bigger.

Thursdays were ladies night at Level 7 and we got free drinks and pizza until they let the men in at 9:00. For some reason guys would be lined up outside waiting to get in. It wouldn't be for all the drunk 18-21 year old girls, would it? Ummm, Bumble Bees.

I sure hope JT stays. :glare:

God wants the boys to stay three years and win together they are a band of brothers! Also it is not a done deal in chi town.... Johny T will not pass up a chance at 3 straight gold medals (has anyone ever done that in hockey?) win one more for God and country and another for your brother!! So it has been said and so it will be done THE SOURCE!

I really think JT would benefit from an additional year of physical maturity. He started a year ahead of his class and might need that additional muscle and strength to endure not only the NHL game but the grind of a long season. His skills speak for themselves but there is more to the big time then that.

As far as the other topics that got thrown into this thread.......................

I turned 19 in Level 7 listening to Mama Coco, what an awesome band.............

Buck pitchers at the Spud was the place to be, be seen and see......................

The old Whiteys was my favorite.........

After that I spread the old student loan check equally around town :glare:?:lol:????

and always ended the night at the Pepper !!

Buck pitchers at the Spud was the place to be, be seen and see......................

My fav Buck Pitchers memory was of my friend Doug from Dickinson who after filling his gullet with bad beer for several hours would often end the afternoon (Buck Pitchers started at 11:00 a.m. for those under 40) by walking up to the most gorgeous girl he could find and asking her to dance. When she politely declined, Doug would say, "That's okay, I have to go take a s**t anyway." The rest of us slobs would howl with laughter at the look on her face and then we would all rush out the door so we could make it back to Wilkerson before it closed. I wonder whatever happened to Doug...

God wants the boys to stay three years and win together they are a band of brothers! Also it is not a done deal in chi town.... Johny T will not pass up a chance at 3 straight gold medals (has anyone ever done that in hockey?) win one more for God and country and another for your brother!! So it has been said and so it will be done THE SOURCE!

So can we hold you to that? You have to be close to the person that is in the KNOW or hence the SOURCE?

I can still smell that place today! Fond memories! It was open after the flood; maybe too soon. They never really cleaned up the place that well and the smell went from bad to unbearable!

Still it was a fun place in its day!

Yeah, like when they said they couldn't have ladies night because it was sexist-so they changed it to lipstick night. I loved that place--but looking back it was a pit. But that's what you get when you turn a grocery store into a drinking establishment- a meat market in a different sense. haha

When I was in school.

A good Friday was getting to the Spud when the doors opened, playing sink the sub all day, then either

a. hit the liquor store for a few travelers and on to the Sioux hockey game that night

or if the Sioux were out of town

b. on to the Bridge for overlapping buck pitchers(Spud was 11-6 and the Bridge was 4-7) then over to the antique for 2-4-1's until 8....then whatever happened after that was a bonus!! :glare:

also fond of Griggs(lived upstairs for awhile), can't leave out Bonzers??(a couple summer episodes of going to Bonzers for lunch, ending up having supper there and then all of sudden it's closing time?) :lol:

Miss the Westward Ho and all it had to offer

and I also bartended at the Peanut Bar on the East side at the old regency inn( tough going to school when your boss was OK with you comping a room if you had too much to drink while working).

Of course I lived in a house for a couple years where we had all campus parties every 3 weeks or so where it was not unusual to go through 20-25 barrels in a night.

Hard to believe how much times have changed??? I ain't that old???

Miss the Westward Ho and all it had to offer

That place rocked Big Al's Pizza Parlor as well as the Ho Sports Bar, that place rocked as well.

They had all the jerseys of the WCHA in the bar as well.

So current word on the street is 80/20. That is 80% Toews is gone and 20% hes here. Better chance than I would of thought. And I guess Lee is more apt to leave than everyone thinks. Consensus is that he is unhappy and most likely will leave. This is the word going around.

Toews is gone, no matter what i want. And Lee? i think unfortunately he's ready... although i would love to see him 1 more year

toews will be gone and is ready....lee likely gone as well but good luck developing in the AHL. thats not a slam on him at all as i have even said it would be very nice to have him back on the blueline. if not oh well....why does it have to be oh lee is unhappy, sounds like such a whiner and baby excuse. is he unhappy wit the fans?? well boo hoo, your going to friken canada eh.....they will be all over him there if thats the case...is he unhappy with his role?? who knows i guess.... maybe its just lee thinks hes ready for the pros and ottawa will welcome him in to the AHL as well. actually the AHL may be a better way for him as well. ya never know.....good luck to both when they make it official as i have thought they would both be gone....

toews will be gone and is ready....lee likely gone as well but good luck developing in the AHL. thats not a slam on him at all as i have even said it would be very nice to have him back on the blueline. if not oh well....why does it have to be oh lee is unhappy, sounds like such a whiner and baby excuse. is he unhappy wit the fans?? well boo hoo, your going to friken canada eh.....they will be all over him there if thats the case...is he unhappy with his role?? who knows i guess.... maybe its just lee thinks hes ready for the pros and ottawa will welcome him in to the AHL as well. actually the AHL may be a better way for him as well. ya never know.....good luck to both when they make it official as i have thought they would both be gone....

i agree. one other thing too. the loss of lee and toews would be a hit, but its probably better for the team of 2008 if they leave now. think if they stayed, next year they would lose toews, lee, oshie, chorney, maybe finley, maybe duncan, and im sure a couple others will have chances to sign too as well as a larger senior class. that is going to be a big freshman class. hopefully david toews, mike cichy, and eidsness, as well as other very high quality recruits will make up for the talent lost.

lee likely gone as well but good luck developing in the AHL. thats not a slam on him at all as i have even said it would be very nice to have him back on the blueline. if not oh well....

Anyone want to lay odds on Lee going pro?