SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we can rip GF for a few things but man i have been back for many sioux games and there are some fine azz young coeds around there, and this is coming from the home of "college girls gone wild" at ASU full of 30,000 hot azz coeds :lol:???

you guys jsut have to go out to the partys or the el roco...packed with fine azz biotches.

you guys jsut have to go out to the partys or the el roco...packed with fine azz biotches.

It was my favorite bar in college but it was so smokey you couldn't see the other end of the bar.

Great drink specials.

bucks is a good one too or the bun but at the bun or the broken drum there is always fights and a pool cue smashed on someones head. usally PCM's lmao

I think that is why some call the Broken Drum the Broken nose.

Oh man, all these bar names from my past! There was a place out on the highway, maybe east and south of EGF that I think was a golf course at one time. Can't remember the name. Any help? And a little dive downtown EGF that had a beautiful old juke box with the colored bubbly lights. The old man that ran the place used to make a heckuva ham sandwich. Can't remember the name of that place either.

The Level 7 and Spud were great places 'til I got my fake IDs, at which time the more "mature" bars of Grand Forks became available. Seems to me a guy could get high just walking in the River Queen. :glare:

Oh man, all these bar names from my past! There was a place out on the highway, maybe east and south of EGF that I think was a golf course at one time. Can't remember the name. Any help? And a little dive downtown EGF that had a beautiful old juke box with the colored bubbly lights. The old man that ran the place used to make a heckuva ham sandwich. Can't remember the name of that place either.

The Level 7 and Spud were great places 'til I got my fake IDs, at which time the more "mature" bars of Grand Forks became available. Seems to me a guy could get high just walking in the River Queen. :glare:

The place on the highway was the River Bend. It just closed a few years ago. I'm not sure about the other place downtown, unless you're talking about the Gopher.

I can agree with all of the above check marks as well... I have have to somewhat disagree with devils lake being the best fishing lake ever, but thats off the topic, toews will stay IMO

I agree.......Toews stays and gets number 8 and the Hobey.

Goldie's. Bill and Blossom Goldberg, husband and wife. Great bowling machine. Great place to hang out. He had trinkets on the wall and behind the bar. Loved to play smear. I taught him the game, what with me being the undisputed world champion of smear for many years. He and his wife were Jews from the old country. Had seen it all. He could tell stories for ever, and make even the biggest of derelicts, like me, feel right at home.

The place burned down years later, probably after being scavenged by bloodsuckers after Blossum first, and then Bill, passed away.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Johnny T., along with his teammates, will lend new meaning and importance to a variation of the old catch phrase of ideologues . . . .

It's Real Cool to Be Staying in School!!!

Are you thinking of the Antique?

mine was the Spud or the Level 7 - but that dates me

The Spud? Do you still wear your angel flight disco pants? :glare:

I used to work at the Level 7. Best low paying job I ever had. Live rock & roll bands every night. Always looked forward to going into work. But I found out that bartending and early morning classes don't mix.

"Back in the day" (of some of us) Whitey's, The Bridge, and The Antique were the downtown trifecta.

Don't forget the back door and finished off with a mikes pizza. The flood came along and no more back door, Antique and Whitey's got bigger.

Don't forget the back door and finished off with a mikes pizza. The flood came along and no more back door, Antique and Whitey's got bigger.

It always felt a little strange going to a bar called the "Backdoor." It makes me think of Police Academy and the Blue Oyster (cue up the Tango music here.)

Goldie's! Thanks.

And the River Bend. Man I got so drunk there one night I ended up on stage with the band playing guitar. And I don't play guitar!

Yeah, okay party poopers... back to the OT:

Jon's gone. I hate to say that, but I don't think even the allure of Dakota Divas, Judy's beer and whatever else we can pile in front of young Mr. Toews is going to stack up against skating on at least the second line in the NHL. He won't spend a day in the AHL, and the Hawks will load his contract up with attainable incentives so he'll be the highest paid rookie in the league.