SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

How many Hobey winners have gone on & played pro - or got drafted after, or got a good offer after winning ?

here is a list, go to hockeydb.com and do some research

http://hobeybaker.com/history/pastwinners/

Matt Carle

Marty Sertich

Junior Lessard

Peter Sejna

Jordan Leopold

Ryan Miller

Mike Mottau

Jason Krog

Chris Drury

Brendan Morrison

Brian Bonin

Brian Holzinger

Chris Marinucci

Paul Kariya

Scott Pellerin

David Emma

Kip Miller

Lane MacDonald

Robb Stauber

Tony Hrkac

Scott Fusco

Bill Watson

Tom Kurvers

Mark Fusco

George McPhee

Neal Broten

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Hobey winners have gone on & played pro - or got drafted after, or got a good offer after winning ?

The last player to return to college after winning it was Ryan Miller. Since then, all have left earlier or won it their senior year.

IMO TJ is much more likely to be back than Toews....I just wish for once we could be surprised by the guys that stay rather than the guys that leave. I must say that Chris Porter has got to be one of my favorite players in Sioux hockey history. If anyone deserved to lift that NC trophy it was Porter

Thanks to all the people who are reassuring that Oshie isn't leaving. But right now I consider it all hearsay and I'm gonna way until I see him on the ice next season or see an announcement that he signed with the Blues.

So then I guess you won't be reading this thread anymore?

I think most people feel this way, but a little speculation helps pass the time.

I think most people feel this way, but a little speculation helps pass the time.

The fact that there is nothing else to do at work either :lol:

It sure does pass the time. Never said it didn't. Just making a self-declaration that I was taking all the speculation as a grain of salt. :lol::D

IMO TJ is much more likely to be back than Toews....I just wish for once we could be surprised by the guys that stay rather than the guys that leave. I must say that Chris Porter has got to be one of my favorite players in Sioux hockey history. If anyone deserved to lift that NC trophy it was Porter

porter was a very good 4 year year player. the bottom line is if you are ready for the next level AHL or NHL. toews and osh are so we will see what osh does. and i believe many of us were nicely suprised when we got a 2nd year of out toews. i know i was.

Being in St. Louis, I was able to catch the Blues post game show after the Wild/Blues game. They showed highlights of the NC game and then spoke about Oshie and Bishop. They said that Bishop is ready, they'll see him next year. Oshie, on the other hand, they said still needed to develope, he wasn't ready physically and needed to take another year to build his frame. Now, these were just 2 broadcasters discussing this, so take it for what it's worth.

Being in St. Louis, I was able to catch the Blues post game show after the Wild/Blues game. They showed highlights of the NC game and then spoke about Oshie and Bishop. They said that Bishop is ready, they'll see him next year. Oshie, on the other hand, they said still needed to develope, he wasn't ready physically and needed to take another year to build his frame. Now, these were just 2 broadcasters discussing this, so take it for what it's worth.

That is fine with me. Maine is not as tough without Bishop.

Unless something drastic happens, Oshie for sure will be back. He was offered the max from St. Louis and they wanted him to suit up today against the Wild but he turned it down telling them that he wanted to return and win a national championship. My source is secure and if he changes his mind between now and September he will have made a mistake because if he would have suited up today for just one game in this NHL season that would have counted as one year in the NHL towards the lucrative NHL pension.

Unless something drastic happens, Oshie for sure will be back. He was offered the max from St. Louis and they wanted him to suit up today against the Wild but he turned it down telling them that he wanted to return and win a national championship. My source is secure and if he changes his mind between now and September he will have made a mistake because if he would have suited up today for just one game in this NHL season that would have counted as one year in the NHL towards the lucrative NHL pension.

isn't the nhl pension based on the number of games played, and not on years?

Some news on Oshie from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Davidson said the Blues did not have any contact with Oshie during the tournament but that he did contact Oshie's father, Tim, and the family's adviser, Matt Oates, on Tuesday. Davidson wouldn't elaborate on the conversations but said they were not negotiations.

"They're both in a similar position," Davidson said of Johnson and Oshie. "Their seasons just ended, and they're going to think about what they're going to do. We'll just wait and find out. We've been very respectful to both players as their seasons ended. In fact, with T.J., we never even went to him and said hello (during the Frozen Four). It's not our place. Until it happens, we're going to respect both families."

Oshie scored 17 goals and had 35 assists for North Dakota this season. He had a spectacular shorthanded goal in a 6-4 loss to Boston College in Thursday's semifinals.

"He was North Dakota's best player in that game ... in our minds," Davidson said. "He never quit the whole game."

Didn't St. Louis trade most of their big time forwards before the trade deadline this year. I don't know what that means, but it prolly means some rebuilding, and I don't think they are gonna do that without their top prospect at forward. Toews is definitely gone, and I think Chorney will be as well. I think Lee will be a four year player. From what I saw of him this year, I wouldn't trust him defending the beer in my refridgerator half the time. He has the handles and passing when his head is in the game, but frequently this year that was not the case. He hasn't yet been able to slow down the game and play.

Early indications, even if they come from honest opinions of heartfelt beliefs, can change over time. Sometimes people's impressions change when they stop looking back and begin to look forward again. I'll hope all the guys with choices make the best ones for themselves. Selfishly, I'll hope they think it's in their best interests to continue to improve at UND.

Someone posted that Stafford wished he would have come back (before his final call-up). Maybe a guy like that will give some of the younger guys the pros and cons of making the move early.

I could see if you're ready to move into the NHL that you should take the step. But if you're just playing in the minors maybe another year of college woudn't be the worst thing. Still the money's good and having no money in college isn't that fun.

Osh is STILL staying....Lee's gone and Toews will be going shortly.......

cant wait to hear the posters say "WHERE IS YOUR LINK" :lol: always a fun time of the year...

if lee is gone, i sure hope the the AHL is a better developing system for him than UND was. i know its not lee's fault that he was drafted so high so i understand that, just didnt see much overall improvement from his 1st game to thursdays loss, oh well he is a 3 or 4 year college player in my eyes but what the hell do i know... jonny has been ready and cant wait to see what type of leader he becomes in chicago!!

hey osh i know you are ready but HOW DOES HOBEY OSHIE sound??

Osh is STILL staying....Lee's gone and Toews will be going shortly.......

So you do you have a link or statement? Lee is going no where I would be bet a beer on that one.

A Key Stone Lite to be exact.

So you do you have a link or statement? Lee is going no where I would be bet a beer on that one.

A Key Stone Lite to be exact.

:lol: the ol WHERES THE LINK...some people have info they cant reveal, it happens a lot..you will lose info power if you reveal, pretty simple and you know that goon, and some people are full of sh$#...also ottawa may believe he may develop better in the AHL, ya never know

One lesson from last year. It doesn't pay to be optimistic. I was pretty sure that Travis Zajac would be back for his junior year. Not only was I dead wrong about that, I was dead wrong about him struggling to make the big club.

It's hard to figure out where a player's going to fit in to the NHL by the way they play college hockey. (At least it's hard for me, but lots of things are.) :lol: