SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

I heard that Chicago wanted Toews to sign last night and have him play in the final two games for them. He said no.

Doesn't mean he is staying, probably just means that it was bad timing and that he doesn't want to rush the decision right after his season ended.

It's because of the pact!!! :lol:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toews - gone (Nothing left to accomplish)

Oshie - gone (Time to make some money)

Duncan - stays (May never get a chance to go)

Chorney - stays (Gone next year)

Finley - gone (Hard time playing within the confinement of College Hockey)

Lee - stays (Gone next year)

Thinking with my head, not my heart. :lol:

I agree with most of this except, Finley.

Not NEARLY good enough to play pro. I didn't think Matt Greene would step up in his first year, and I don't think Finley is as good a skater as Greene was. But I really disagree on the "confinement of College Hockey" issue. I sit next to a real pro hockey fan and most games he counts how many Pro penalties would have been called in the college game. It's staggering. Pro refs are more touchy than the college guys so I don't see this as a motive for Finley.

Plus, I don't think Lee goes. I don't think he's got game.

If they did it would have been to spend the season in Binghampton and this coming year will likely be no different. Lee has talent but he needs to develop his physical play before attempting even the AHL.

I agree that he'll be AHL his first year out. In fact, anybody that would leave other than TJ and Johnny would be AHL bound.

I heard that Chicago wanted Toews to sign last night and have him play in the final two games for them. He said no.

Doesn't mean he is staying, probably just means that it was bad timing and that he doesn't want to rush the decision right after his season ended.

Could mean they were low on their offer.

I doubt they were low on their offer. Everyone around hockey is aware of Toews abilities, and after his WJC heroics, great second half, and due to being drafted third overall, the offer is for the max. I bet these guys are still in a daze, and I bet he wanted to stick around to see his buddy win the Hobey. He has time, and he needs to take care of his apartment or wherever he lives. JT knows he will be in the NHL next year, why hurry off for two games?

To comment on the funny Facebook comment... :lol:

It's called making your profile private...meaning only certain people can see it/find it, which might be the case due to a bajillion people wanting to be his "friend" even though they've never met him. I'm sure it's still there...

Toews - gone (Nothing left to accomplish)

Oshie - gone (Time to make some money)

Duncan - stays (May never get a chance to go)

Chorney - stays (Gone next year)

Finley - gone (Hard time playing within the confinement of College Hockey)

Lee - stays (Gone next year)

Thinking with my head, not my heart. :lol:

Please be gone. He can't play!!!!!!!!

To comment on the funny Facebook comment... :lol:

It's called making your profile private...meaning only certain people can see it/find it, which might be the case due to a bajillion people wanting to be his "friend" even though they've never met him. I'm sure it's still there...

thats funny, because i actually thought i was his friend. after eating lunch with him just about every day and living a couple doors down from him last year id say i know him pretty well. the facebook thing was just to raise questions. its really not any dumber than half of the other stuff said on this forum.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you set your facebook account so only friends can see it, the your name will still show up in a search. However, only those listed as friends can access it. As I said earlier, Oshie's facebook profile has been MIA for at least a few months now. It isn't something that happened recently.

Thanks to all the people who are reassuring that Oshie isn't leaving. But right now I consider it all hearsay and I'm gonna way until I see him on the ice next season or see an announcement that he signed with the Blues.

thats what a message/discussion board is for...of course we all want him to stay, no doubt hes ready to move on but that will be left up to tj of course. either way it has been a honor watching him play for the sioux if it was his last game...

Thanks to all the people who are reassuring that Oshie isn't leaving. But right now I consider it all hearsay and I'm gonna wait until I see him on the ice next season or see an announcement that he signed with the Blues.

Fixed your post. It's going to be a very long summer this year. I actually can't wait till septemer again.

Like has been said by many before - You sure can't blame em if they go

I do think Toews & Oshie have some growing & proving to do (mainly cause they are so young) - Dunc ? If he gets a good offer - who could blame him

The rest need a another yr & what a yr it would be (for us) but like last yr you just never know - I would guess the risk of injury has to be a huge deciding factor --- Can they get insurance to protect them from financial loss if they get hurt ?

toews is gone, if osh follows we will obviously be taking another HUGE hit, now if the entire D core stays i will not be as concerned, we do have likes of blood and lapoint to fill spots so i guess we can recover. who knows, maybe we roll 4 balanced lines next season and see where that takes us. we really dont have osh or toews coming in this season but once again, who knows, maybe a kid or 2 suprises us and puts up huge numbers that we are not expecting, anyways, i friken hate this time of the year, i usually need a week to get over the hangover of losing first off then realizing we have to wait til september for some practices to start. damn...

How many Hobey winners have gone on & played pro - or got drafted after, or got a good offer after winning ?

Have to admit this may be the biggest concern. Everyone else is drafted, and are set with their teams to some degree. Duncan has to be ready if, and when, opportunity knocks. Given his size if some Eastern Conference team offers him a deal he may well have to consider it. Being a free agent has both pros and cons, but you certainly don't want to wager to much hoping the results are the same in '08 & '09. :lol: