SiouxSports.com Forum

Does UND plan on getting new fb uniforms?

johnnyroyale

I have said this many times before. I am glad someone else agrees. We may have used the logo first but it will never be thought of on a national scale as being our logo. With the move to DI, it is the perfect time to begin using a logo that will be original to the University of North Dakota.

FlameLogo1.gif

That logo blows!! We already have a logo that is original to UND, it is on the front of our hockey jerseys.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, I will agree to disagree with you. I for one would be very upset if we ever did away with the interlocking ND logo. That logo represents Sioux football as far as I'm concerned.

That is true...locally, that logo is the UND logo. I know it as the Sioux logo just as you do, but we are talking about how we are seen nationally and I think using that logo makes us look small-time.

That is true...locally, that logo is the UND logo. I know it as the Sioux logo just as you do, but we are talking about how we are seen nationally and I think using that logo makes us look small-time.

You fight ignorance by educating the ignorant, not by joining them.

How about writing "Dakota" in cursive on the side of the helmet? Somewhat unique and would identify UND above all others in the two Dakota's.

Similar to Maine:FF_52059_l.jpg

I like that idea.

I also like the interlocking ND, but I agree with it seeming like we are using Notre Dame's symbol.

I don't like the idea of the Sioux logo on the side of the helmet. I've never liked pictures on a football helmet.

You fight ignorance by educating the ignorant, not by joining them.

Do you honestly believe that there will ever be a point in time that people see the interlocking ND and think University of North Dakota and not Notre Dame? That will never happen outside of Grand Forks. That doesn't even happen now in Bismarck.

I know not many others seem to agree, but I think that the UND logo is a very strong, classy and unique looking logo. And it's not some trendy logo that will be outdated in 5 years. I would love to see it used more.

Do you honestly believe that there will ever be a point in time that people see the interlocking ND and think University of North Dakota and not Notre Dame? That will never happen outside of Grand Forks. That doesn't even happen now in Bismarck.

I know not many others seem to agree, but I think that the UND logo is a very strong, classy and unique looking logo. And it's not some trendy logo that will be outdated in 5 years. I would love to see it used more.

I think that our Atheltic Department should make a point of educating the broadcast team that works any of UND's nationally broadcast games about the origins of the interlocking ND and who had it first. After a while, you may be surprised how much positive national exposure it may give the school. People either intensely dislike or intensely like Notre Dame. Those that intensely dislike Notre Dame might find it another reason to dislike them, and thereby be inclined to think kindly of UND and its athletic programs. Either way, it beats the living hell out of the flaming UND.

• 2 weeks later...
How about taking the helmets, getting rid of the ND, and using just the feathers from the current Sioux head logo. That's what I did for my avatar...I think it would be unique, simple, and different.

Don't me wrong, I like the notion, but you know some would blast it as wholly disrespectful to (the Sioux and their feather ceremonies?, eagles?, Wakantonka?, the block ND logo?).

As a high school coach who has picked out uniforms for my team, I like getting a design and sticking with it. When others see it, they are reminded of our history and tradition. Keeping the ND on the helmets is great and I hope they keep that. I still liked the old gray ones however and gray pants but since that's not even our school colors I guess the green and white is right. When I was at UND the only team that used the Sioux logo was the hockey program. Not sure why but I like the current uniforms now. Would like to see the word NORTH DAKOTA on the front above the number however.

• 2 weeks later...

I sort of like it (the feathers) but would like to see the current Sioux logo on the helmet. When I was at UND only the hockey team was able to use the logo (like the Chicago BlackHawks) and the rest of us had to use that old geometric shape one. WHEN we finish in court with the NC$$ I'd like to see everyone use that logo more.

I would have to say that IF the logo on the football helmet was to ever change I would like to see the Sioux indian head logo on there. My first choice would be to keep it as it is with the current interlocking ND logo on the helmet, but the indian head would be the best possible change if a change was to be made. Under that scenario I would to at least keep the interlocking ND on the shoulders of the jersey at the very least.

I think the whole Sioux head logo thing would be WAAAY too busy for a football helmet...just my thought.

When I was at UND only the hockey team was able to use the logo (like the Chicago BlackHawks) and the rest of us had to use that old geometric shape one.

When was that? Cause I had a team jacket that still has the Blackhawk logo on it from 92-93. I wasn't on the hockey team. When we ordered them, coach said it was the last time that the Blackhawk logo was going to be on anything so we were lucky. I also have a sweatshirt with the logo on it from that year.

When was that? Cause I had a team jacket that still has the Blackhawk logo on it from 92-93. I wasn't on the hockey team. When we ordered them, coach said it was the last time that the Blackhawk logo was going to be on anything so we were lucky. I also have a sweatshirt with the logo on it from that year.