SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux hockey gatherings around the country

hky

For every Sioux fan going to St. Louis (and there are LOTS), there are even more planning to watch the game at sports bars/restaurants/sites around the country.

Thought it would be fun to shout out some cities/states/locations where Sioux fans can find other Sioux fans...

If anyone knows of any Sioux hockey fan gatherings in the Boston area, the info would be much appreciated. I would rather not have to resort to watching the game with a bunch of BC fans, although it would be fun to rub the victory in their face.

If anyone knows of any Sioux hockey fan gatherings in the Boston area, the info would be much appreciated. I would rather not have to resort to watching the game with a bunch of BC fans, although it would be fun to rub the victory in their face.

There's nothing wrong with that!

I was coming home from North Carolina this past weekend during the regional final, and landed in Minneapolis (sporting my lucky sioux t-shirt and hat). I ran to the nearest TV in the airport with the game on, which was a TGI Fridays, and got there a minute and a half before the Porter goal. Couldn't have been any better than being in front of a bunch of Goofer fans when they get Porterized.

PM SiouxPride0303. She lives in the Chicago area and may know of somewhere to go to watch the game.

*Chicago isn't all that far from St. Louis! :D *

I'll be in downtown Chicago on Thursday evening. Let me know if there is a place where Sioux fans are getting together.

Good Luck! Last year I watch the game at Champions. I was the only one cheering for the Sioux (wearing my Sioux Sweater) the rest of the bar was full BC

I'll be in downtown Chicago on Thursday evening. Let me know if there is a place where Sioux fans are getting together.

I'll be in Chicago! I was planning on watching at home, but if there's a bar that would show college hockey in March (good luck), I'll be there!!! Eventually my wife and I will be planning hockey parties there, but since we've just moved, there's just no time... We're even considering (long-term plans here) to open a bar that would cater to the WCHA crowd on gamenights. But like I said...that's off in the distance a ways...

My experience in Chicago in March is that if NC$$BB is on, that's what's played...on every screen. And if BB isn't on, then someone is bound to be talking about it on ESBB. And all of this is, of course, much more important than live college hockey. :D

I'll be in Chicago! I was planning on watching at home, but if there's a bar that would show college hockey in March (good luck), I'll be there!!! Eventually my wife and I will be planning hockey parties there, but since we've just moved, there's just no time... We're even considering (long-term plans here) to open a bar that would cater to the WCHA crowd on gamenights. But like I said...that's off in the distance a ways...

My experience in Chicago in March is that if NC$$BB is on, that's what's played...on every screen. And if BB isn't on, then someone is bound to be talking about it on ESBB. And all of this is, of course, much more important than live college hockey. :D

Isn't there an ESPN zone in Chicago, that would almost certainly have it on? ???

We should really get that figured out, I was planning on grilling and boozing at the APT, but would be down with going to LoDo's or somethin.

I might be stupid enough to fly to Denver on Friday night so I don't have to watch the championship game by myself on Saturday. How big was the gathering last year?

Isn't there an ESPN zone in Chicago, that would almost certainly have it on? ???

There is an ESPN Zone on Ohio and Wabash (off the Mag mile a few blocks) The Blackhawks are playing the sametime as the Sioux on Thurs that is your only competition for TV's Cubs, Sox are early games and the Bulls are idle. Make sure you are early that place is always packed! Why not drive the 4 hours down I-55 to see it in person? I would come out and meet ya but I am making said drive :sad: