SiouxSports.com Forum

It's official: Duncan one of three Hobey Baker finalists

PCM

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said when the bios of the top ten were released, it was real easy to see who would would be your three finalists. Ehn will only win if sentiment is allowed to outweigh the strength of schedule and league. Otherwise, this is a Duncan vs Brown competition all the way.

What are that old guy and the "Sportscenter Idol" winner going to talk about all next weekend?

They'll probably claim that Brown has it wrapped up because Notre Dame is the only athletic power they recognize. :lol:

I think Duncan has a good shot but feel Ehn will win it....

Ehn was pointless in the regional against MN which doesn't bode well for his chances. I too feel good about Duncan's chances given his year long consistency, poise and academics and he directly contributed to our advancing to the FF in the West Regional. But I have a gut feel a slight edge goes to Brown. Without him, Notre Dame would have been middle of the pack at best in the CCHA and out of the NCAAs.

Congrats Ryan!

Dave Hakstol announced it at the weekly media day. The other two are Brown of Notre Dame and Ehn of Air Force.

Congrats Duncs!!!!

Bob Norton, (Boston's John Curry was the winner he predicted) what do you like on your CROW, Chowda??? :lol:

Ehn is a senior right? If so, that, along with the fact that he plays for one of the services should make him the favorite.

Nonetheless, I'll be doing all I can to send out the positive vibes for Duncan. I don't think it will hurt that he has as likeable a personality as you can get. He's humble, he's earned every bit of credit he's getting, and you just can't beat that top-shelf wrister he has. The high-light reel material alone could bring him home the Hobey.

Congrats Duncs!!

Go Sioux in Sweet Saint Lou!!

I was sure tired of that interview they kept replaying all last weekend, of the guy who said that one of goalies were going to win & the west would split the vote & Boston goalie would most likely win - Duncan should have a better chance now - do they make the final choice ...when ? after the FF ? after we beat BC ?

I was sure tired of that interview they kept replaying all last weekend of the guy who said thhat one of goalies were going to win & the west would split the vote & boston would most likely win - Duncan should have a better chance now - do they make the final choice ...when ? after the FF ?

I was under the impression that all the voting has taken place, and the Hobey Hat Trick are the top three vote getters (ie, there is no more voting). Hobey Baker winner is announced the Friday during the Frozen Four.

I was sure tired of that interview they kept replaying all last weekend of the guy who said thhat one of goalies were going to win & the west would split the vote & boston would most likely win - Duncan should have a better chance now - do they make the final choice ...when ? after the FF ?

The winner of the Hobey Baker is announced on the Friday after the first games of the Frozen Four.

so who thinks that hensick's little misconduct and comments during the press conference contributed to him getting bounced from the top 3??

I wonder that as well.

I would have thought that Hensick was a shoe-in to make the final 3, and probably win the award, so this is surprising.

Go Ryan, and congrats! :lol: