SiouxSports.com Forum

REMATCH: SIOUX - PHER (frozen 4 bound)

01grad

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a game. Had to stay away from the board until I could watch it in full... Looks like we're in for one heck of a game tomorrow (tonight, actually). I'm hoping that last BS goal from the F5 is fresh in our boys' minds. Hopefully we can send the GILDED RODENTS packing once again!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Ask Mezzy05 who they cheer for. The NCAA would be violating their own rule book if Shep is in.

Also, I kind of like the way the games were reffed yesterday, it was a breath of fresh air.

The Gophers and the Wolverines both took more of the penalties than the teams they played.

Sweet.

Regardless of which official is in the show (if it is Shep, it will benefit no one really), we have two intriguing teams facing off tonight.

Minnesota- Played lethargic hockey and then had to really exert itself after going down 2 goals. As a Sioux fan, I hope Briggs gets to try for redemption in net. Knowing how Lucia has tended to work this season, though, Frazee will be in net.

UND-Had to work REALLY REALLY hard for 30 minutes straight. From there, there was never a major letdown, just a slight one.

Which team will have more legs? Will we right the defensive ship? I KNOW we can score on Minnesota if we can get it into their zone, but can we control the game? Very important things to ponder, for a sports contest.

There's only one problem with today's game. It's not for the NCAA Championship. Can't wait. Here's hoping for a repeat of the FF! Go Gophers, and Congrats Sioux on really runing your season around. Early onb, I never thought I'd see you guys even get to this point. It's going to be a great game.

ok - so what time does the game start? It is not on the FSN on-line guide. I am assuming pregame at 4:30 and game at 5:00 CDT - but not sure anymore.

the game is on at 5:00 pm or 1700 hours on FSN. Take your pick.

I wonder if the team has a picture of Wheeler's jersey pop in the locker room for added incentive to rip them apart? I am sure that it is still very fresh in their minds.

Didn't a gopher player do that like two years ago. At the Ralph friday night and then saturday night we killed them.

There's only one problem with today's game. It's not for the NCAA Championship. Can't wait. Here's hoping for a repeat of the FF! Go Gophers, and Congrats Sioux on really runing your season around. Early onb, I never thought I'd see you guys even get to this point. It's going to be a great game.

I agree...this game should be played in 2 weeks. The Sioux-Gopher matchup is the best rivalry in college hockey, it would have been great to have this game as the National Championship Game. Anyway, today should be a great game. GO SIOUX

I am down in Carlsbad, Ca on vacation...game will be on at 3:00 pm here. Does anyone know if there is a good place to watch the game in the San Diego-Carlsbad area?

The Sioux-Gopher matchup is the best rivalry in college hockey, it would have been great to have this game as the National Championship Game. Anyway, today should be a great game. GO SIOUX

Regardless of how the regionals were set up, I do agree that this is currently the best rivalry in college hockey. While I realize a lot of Gopher fans consider UW the better overall rival because our states clash in so many different ways, UM-UND imho has always produced better hockey and UND is a team I have typically feared more than any other team. UW - not so much. :D

Yeah....We're just happy to be able to have the privelage to play the gophers this late in the season. It will be a great opportunity for our program to jump to that elite status of teams like the gophers. I hope we can stay in the game and maybe steal one from you guys this afternoon. :D

What a typical arrogant gopher fan!

Yeah....We're just happy to be able to have the privelage to play the gophers this late in the season. It will be a great opportunity for our program to jump to that elite status of teams like the gophers. I hope we can stay in the game and maybe steal one from you guys this afternoon. ;)

What a typical arrogant gopher fan!

You realize the role of Jan Brady is already taken? :D