SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional Scores

brianvf

My bracket is screwed already.

At least I know that Maine or SCSU will destroy UMass. UMass MIGHT have a better shot with Maine because they don't have as much scoring as SCSU has. If SCSU plays UMass my prediction will be:

SCSU 5-1

If it is Maine:

Maine 3-1

Clarkson played a defensive game and bows out before it gets ugly. Better to lose 1-0 in OT than to participate in the slaughter UMass is about to succumb to.

UMass has beat Maine the last 4 times they played them. I think Clarkson's style of play had a big thing to do with UMass's game today, and believe they can beat Maine again if they play. If SCSU gets back on track, they should destroy everyone in this regional.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I know that Maine or SCSU will destroy UMass. UMass MIGHT have a better shot with Maine because they don't have as much scoring as SCSU has. If SCSU plays UMass my prediction will be:

SCSU 5-1

If it is Maine:

Maine 3-1

Clarkson played a defensive game and bows out before it gets ugly. Better to lose 1-0 in OT than to participate in the slaughter UMass is about to succumb to.

This could be SCSU's best chance ever to get to the Frozen Four. Essentially just one game between them and being one of the last 4 teams standing.

Another choke by a #1 seed. I'm not sure how Clarkson was that high to begin with...

SCSU 5-1 (I should add that Motzko takes pity on UMass in the third by playing mostly his 3rd and 4th lines. UMass scores because Motzko decides to give the third period to Weslosky who will face MAYBE 9 shots and give up a goal).

If it is Maine:

Maine 3-1

I wouldn't say MIGHT I'd say hould have a better shot against Maine. Cause if you look at there season UMass has beaten Maine 4 out of 5 times. Sure the season is over but with UMass beating Maine 4 times in a row consecutively....I like there chances.

That can happen when you're the best of the powder-puff league.

Since when did Clarkson move over to the Atlantic Hockey Association? SOrry Holy Cross, but really, top to bottom AHA is crap.

At least ECACHL has a few teams that have gone somewhere like Harvard and Cornell.

Since when did Clarkson move over to the Atlantic Hockey Association? SOrry Holy Cross, but really, top to bottom AHA is crap.

At least ECACHL has a few teams that have gone somewhere like Harvard and Cornell.

They're both powder-puff leagues when compared to WCHA and Hockey East.

Wow I can't believe Clarkson ever got a #1 seed or even got into the Tournament in the first place.

One #1-seed team down, Only three remain.

I think its a joke that Clarkson got a number one seed and that SCSU was pushe all the way to a two seed, or that UND wasn't a two seed.

Year after year we go through this crap how the EZAC can't advance for the most part past a regional final.

Thanks FSN. Info says St. Clown vs. Maine and they have some crappy ass boxing program on.

Somebody is dozing at the switch. Where's MafiaMan's Homer pic?

Clarkson/UMass went to OT, so the game is delayed due to resurfacing, warm-ups, resurfacing, intro's, etc.