SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional Scores

brianvf

I don't know if you could say he blew it. The part he blew is insisting it was a goal, rather than just signaling that it's a goal on the ice and telling everyone that they were going to review it. Even with video replay, it was very close to being a goal.

Not really the net was coming up before the third shot.

More importantly I wonder about the rule enforcement. The BC player fell unforced and knocked the goalie back into the net. BC had two more shots at the net.

I think that unless the players pushed into the goalie that should negate a goal after the contact. (If the puck goes in right ahead of the contact then I guess it's a goal)

Update Barry Melrose said that was another reason for the goal to be disallowed, so I stand on my comment that I think Derrick Sheppards a complete tool. He should have seen that even from the far blue line where he made the call. (I'm exaggerating.)

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game needs to hurry up and get over with, so we don't miss much of the Sioux/Gopher game!!!!! 3rd period just starting, and on average, it takes about 35 minutes for a period. I wasn't able to get the game on FSN yesterday. Told me it wasn't available in my area, the bums!!!

This game needs to hurry up and get over with, so we don't miss much of the Sioux/Gopher game!!!!! 3rd period just starting, and on average, it takes about 35 minutes for a period. I wasn't able to get the game on FSN yesterday. Told me it wasn't available in my area, the bums!!!

I'm watching Gopher Live.

3-0 BC about 12 left I think.

I can't wait to play BC next week.

Once we get past the goofs tonight :D I guess we'll have to take revenge on BC after last year's game. This is a weird year when you look at the west regional line up and the likely opponent in the semis of the frozen four.

3-0 BC about 12 left I think.

I can't wait to play BC next week.

First off, too bad about Miami... They are a less talented UW. All goaltender and nothing really else. Yeah, I know about Davis and Jones, but really... if all it takes is a few nifty moves to get the commentators gushing about them, then it has to be hype. Miami has done NOTHING against BC. Cory Schneider only has one wish: He could bring his school texts to the net so he could actually work at SOMETHING. I admit to having not watched the first period, but really, Siembida would be able to beat Miami right now.

That being said, Zatkoff is amazing. He's the only Redhawk I feel sorry for.

And as for next week: I'd rather not play BC. They're playing extremely well. EXTREMELY well.

I bet most people would want to see Miami beat BC because they are the easier team to beat for UND. Who didn't expect BC to win this game though...

Agreed.

I wanted Miami to win as well, but I know that wouldn't happen. They are the only team coming into the NCAAs that was playing better than or as good as Minnesota and UND.