SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux/denver game 3

Siouxrock

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will honestly be at the Grand Seven on Thursday so I will hook up with whomever is there. I will talk to you guys later in the week to find out if there is a more popular place where everyone is hanging out. Damn am I so freaking excited right now!!!!!!!! I have heard the Al Michaels call a million times but tonight the UND95 SCCCCOOOOORRREEEEE!!!! was more exciting.

Jake Brandt #1 star this weekend. Without him the Sioux are probably done for the year.

I hope all the out-of-town season ticket holders drive carefully on the way home tonight. Long drive late at night that they usually take Sunday afternoon. You know who you are.

The feed was just rotten tonight. The worst this year, except when the guy in the horn-rimmed glasses forgot to flip the switch earlier this year.

UND's chances of competing in the NCAA tourney just got a lot better.

Sioux have won four of five. Yeah, I know who they were against and where, but it's still 4 of 5.

Building character. Building home ice in the new rink. Keep it going, Sioux.

Congrats guys...one helluva game! Cya in St. Paul.

Murph,

I will not be at the POI game as I have to work til 4. I just made my arrangements for Buffalo though ???

Congrats again!

Handy, I have to have a beer with you dude.

Off to the final five. Man I am psyched up. What a game. Man I was nervous but we pulled it off. Lucky I was drinking I couldn't have handled this sober. See yall on thursday. Time for UND to extract a pound of flesh from UMD. Bring on the dirty Bull dogs...

Looks like this win did UND good in the pwr. tied with Michigan for 9, leapfrogged MSU-Mankato

UND has now won 4/5 games and is ready for the playoffs... Thank God we won against DU. DU plays a gross style of hockey... I believe that Brandt won the game for UND.

Hey guys I am back, I would be lying if i said I burned the goper shirt for good luck at sensers. I was too busy havign a hear attack watching the game. Wow that was awesome. The good news is I have matches and a gopher sirt left . HAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

So how can we all hook up pre game at the final five??????

I swear to god if they go over tiem with duluth I am heading to the parking lot iwth the sirt and matches and givign up my seat.

Thanks for being nice ot he newbie. I love the SIOUxc and I am so glad that I ahvea ll fo oyu to root with. Even You SIOUXrock. :D:):)

And sensers was APCKED with SIOUX fans. Even teh WOOGER himself was there rooting. You had to see it to believe it.

Just got back from watching the game at Senser's. This was was of the top 5 most exciting games I have watched. Intense emotional swings for me. Whoooo.

This was a game that either team could have won. Certainly if the Sioux lost they would have to feel they let one get away. They worked hard enough to win. I had the feel at certain times, and for too long of stretches, that Denver was going to get one of their fewer opportunities and bury it and the Sioux. But fortunately the guys gutted it out.

Notermann's breakaway in OT was a great great move but he just couldn't reach the puck to put in in the opening. He came straight in on B and dangled a bit, trying to get him to commit which he did very very late. Notermann had to push the puck to his backand, hoping to slide it to the open spot of net, and push it in, now the B was down. B dove backward and the puck was just out of Notermann's reach and slid wide of the net.

Speaking of open nets, there is one Denver player who will NEVER forget the open net tip in that he sent 4 inches wide. Oh my gosh, that thing was so well set up and so wide open it is astonishing. But tonite we got the puck luck.

Senser's was packed with gopher VIP's. Woog and Mazocco sat across the bar island from me. It was pretty funny hearing Woog yell out "THERE IT IS", or "LOOK OUT" like his does on TV when he can sense a goal will be scored. Would have been fun to sit and yak with him during the game, as he seemed to be sharing with his neighbors some good insight and stories. Dubay was there, and several gopher players I think.

Anyway, half way through OT suddenly there is a burst of flame and smoke in the bar. The sprinklers come on and people are running for the door. Then I see a pile of Sioux fans huddling around ground zero and I knew where "Belfour" was tonite. ???

Whoever mentioned Marvin, I agree. I will be honest in saying I thought he was kind of a "legacy" recruit. But the guy looked like he belongs and has done a good job this year. Tonite he looked very confident and even led a couple of rushes.

Someone mentioned being patient with the puck. I thought the same thing. Another second hesitation and maybe that puck would have gone to the net instead of getting blocked. And Schneider pulled a Roche style misdirection play and guess what.....goal. So there you go.

I thought that Denver had the better legs at times in the 3rd. I was very concerned. The Sioux couldn't clear the puck the last minute of regulation, and I was feeling horrible. But the Sioux owned Denver in OT. It was domination. But still I had this nagging feeling that all it was going to take to win was one team to miss on a pass or something and give up a scoring chance and lose. And that did happen enough times that the Sioux were lucky to escape with the win. On the other hand, they so dominated at times in the offensive zone that winning was almost destined.

I'll probably remember more later. I had to burn off the adrenaline and the caffeine.

Hey guys I am back, I would be lying if i said I burned the goper shirt for good luck at sensers. I was too busy havign a hear attack watching the game. Wow that was awesome. The good news is I have matches and a gopher sirt left . HAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

So how can we all hook up pre game at the final five??????

I swear to god if they go over tiem with duluth I am heading to the parking lot iwth the sirt and matches and givign up my seat.

Thanks for being nice ot he newbie. I love the SIOUxc and I am so glad that I ahvea ll fo oyu to root with. Even You SIOUXrock. :D:):)

And sensers was APCKED with SIOUX fans. Even teh WOOGER himself was there rooting. You had to see it to believe it.

I don't think Wooger was rooting for the Sioux was he. To me I thought he was pulling for Denver. That may have been because I thought I saw a graphic on last night's gopher game where he said the Sioux were out of the Final Five.......

Grand Seven is on the corner of Grand Ave and West Seventh. Decent bar for getting a beer and a burger. I'm not attached to it so I can go anywhere. I'm still buzzing from lastnight. Not in an alcohol sense but with anticipation of Thursday. We got some solid goaltending two nights in a row and that hasn't happened in a long time. Glad to hear everyone made it home safely lastnight. Also, thanks for the great chatter in the threads. My wife isn't that great of company when it comes to sports so it was nice to have an outlet.

Go Sioux!!!

(If only we had Belfour Posted on Mar 16 2003, 11:14 PM)

Hey guys I am back, I would be lying if i said I burned the goper shirt for good luck at sensers. I was too busy havign a hear attack watching the game. Wow that was awesome. The good news is I have matches and a gopher sirt left . 

Don't worry Belfour, I had you covered I lit a gopher T-shirt up at the start of OT.

Great picture Patrick, I love it! The picture in the article about the win is a good one too.

As for bars if you guys are getting together I'm up for anything.