TJ hensick-sr. michigan 17g 39a 1.56pt/g

kyle rank-sr. st. lawrence 15g 15a .88 pt/g

ryan Duncan-so. UND 27g 21a 1.41 pt/g

defencemen

drew Bagnall-sr. st. lawrence 6g 15a .62 pt/g

goalies

David Brown-sr. notre dame 25-5-3 1.68 gpg .927

John Curry-sr. BU 15-6-8 1.83 gpg .935

I think the 3 finalists will(should) be(but you can count on at least one Eastern player being in the mix which will probably force Duncan out?)

TJ Hensick--well known name, good numbers, big school

David Brown--Notre Dame is big story this season and he has led the way

Ryan Duncan--hard to ignore the leading scorer in the toughest conference in the country

I would like to see Duncan win it and I think he deserves it, but I think Brown will win it.

Also, all the other nominees are upperclassman(Davis and Duncan are the only non-seniors)

What do ya think??

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Finalists

forwards

Nathan Davis-jr miami(ohio) 20g 28 a 1.26 pt/g

TJ hensick-sr. michigan 17g 39a 1.56pt/g

kyle rank-sr. st. lawrence 15g 15a .88 pt/g

ryan Duncan-so. UND 27g 21a 1.41 pt/g

defencemen

drew Bagnall-sr. st. lawrence 6g 15a .62 pt/g

goalies

David Brown-sr. notre dame 25-5-3 1.68 gpg .927

John Curry-sr. BU 15-6-8 1.83 gpg .935

I think the 3 finalists will(should) be(but you can count on at least one Eastern player being in the mix which will probably force Duncan out?)

TJ Hensick--well known name, good numbers, big school

David Brown--Notre Dame is big story this season and he has led the way

Ryan Duncan--hard to ignore the leading scorer in the toughest conference in the country

I would like to see Duncan win it and I think he deserves it, but I think Brown will win it.

Also, all the other nominees are upperclassman(Davis and Duncan are the only non-seniors)

What do ya think??

I think they will pick 10 finalists ... :D Voting for phase 2 begins 3/15 after the 10 finalists have been announced. (Phase 1 goes to March 4, vote early and often folks.)

I think that Duncan's chances will suffer because of guilt by association, given the highly publicized off-ice issues of 3 teammates. Given the Hobey Baker committee plugs "character" as one of their key factors, I think they don't want to be seen as endorsing that kind of thing. Sadly.

I think Duncan's chances of POTY - league and national - are much better. On ice, he's been phenomenal.

I think that Duncan's chances will suffer because of guilt by association, given the highly publicized off-ice issues of 3 teammates. Given the Hobey Baker committee plugs "character" as one of their key factors, I think they don't want to be seen as endorsing that kind of thing. Sadly.

Given the fact that he wasn't involved, while the other stars on his team were, says a lot, IMO about his character...

Three letters, DOT. Im sure they will look at the line hes with as being part of his success, but they will fail to see how big of a playmaker and sniper he can be(obviously). He is not affraid to shoot the puck which is the main reason why he has as many goals as he does.

:D But I dont think he'll get it either.

Duncan won't win the Hobey....this year. :D

I think he has an excellent chance as a jr/sr.

I wouldn't be so confident that he will be a junior / senior. He wasn't drafted because of his size, but in the new NHL, I suspect there might be some teams willing to throw the max at him to get him into their system.

I wouldn't be so confident that he will be a junior / senior. He wasn't drafted because of his size, but in the new NHL, I suspect there might be some teams willing to throw the max at him to get him into their system.

His numbers will drop when he is not on a line with Toews and Oshie next year. Playing with those two has certainly helped his numbers. However Duncan is an excellent player himself and has the most accurate shot on the team. I think Oshie is 50/50 to stay and Toews is as good as gone. Duncan will be back.

His numbers will drop when he is not on a line with Toews and Oshie next year. Playing with those two has certainly helped his numbers. However Duncan is an excellent player himself and has the most accurate shot on the team. I think Oshie is 50/50 to stay and Toews is as good as gone. Duncan will be back.

The only question is does Toews have a condo in Chicago yet? It did cross my mind that this may be a better year for Duncan to cash in than if he were not playing without Oshie / Toews.

I wonder if Toews is really gone after this season. If his condition remains that he only plays with the big club it could still be an interesting challenge for the Black Hawks. If Skille signs with Chicago as soon as Bucky is officially bounced will there be any room for Toews on the big club either this season or next fall.

I wonder if Toews is really gone after this season. If his condition remains that he only plays with the big club it could still be an interesting challenge for the Black Hawks. If Skille signs with Chicago as soon as Bucky is officially bounced will there be any room for Toews on the big club either this season or next fall.

From what I've read, Toews is expected to center to top line and Skille wouldn't be making the team.

They'll just trade away more talent to make room under the salary cap! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious, how long do the candidates have to prove themselves. I assume that their record from the conference tournaments count, but does the first round of the regionals count?

its announced the friday at the frozen 4 so i assume up to the ncaa tourney i would guess as the finalists have not yet been announced

hobey chat

http://www.cstv.com/chat/030507aaa.html

no love for DUNCS!!

Kent Lovell - Ashley ND: Could you rank in your opinion the top three Hobey finalists. Thanks

Elliot Olshansky: Well, I put my top five on the Rink Rat blog every week, but my top three this week are Eric Ehn, John Curry and T.J. Hensick. Somehow, though, I think Ehn will be overlooked, and David Brown will get that third spot, but if I were picking, that's how I would go.

Ken Schott: For me, it's Brown, Hensick and Curry.

Troy Ward: David Brown, T.J. Hensick, Eric Ehn

Elliot Olshansky: OK, I think that's all we have time for today...that was quite the fun time, huh?

Adam Wodon: Great being back on the CSTV chat, and hope to see everyone at the tournaments.

Troy Ward: Fans, thanks for all the questions, and like you, we'll sit back and see what happens.

Ken Schott: Thanks for the questions. I enjoyed the chat. I look forward to next weekend's ECACHL championship in Albany. This is the best time of the year.

Elliot Olshansky: Indeed it is...and that will do it for this week's "Tuesday @ the Rink" chats, presented by CSTV.com and USCHO. Check back for more info on next week's guests, and have a great week.