SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker

petey23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

parise was great but if anyone was robbed it was PANZER for sure...

Yes him too, but it's harder to prove it with statistics. Since both Lessard and Parise were forwards it's easier to do.

Panzer was the best offensive player that year for sure. Miller had the best goalie statistics. A guy that went to a lot of CCHA games said that the defensive system Michigan state played forced most of the shots to come from the outside.

I guess if I'm going to argue I try to have some facts and not just opinion.

Due to Woog's persistent claims of "phantom" assists I suspect.

Remember that game at the old Englestad where he was going to show one of the phantom assists? When they slowed it down you say that Panzer poked the puck right onto a teammates stick (above the circles) as they had a full head of steam. The teammate scored of course.

When woog saw the assist he tried to claim that it was barely an assist. As in without that nifty little play there would have been no goal. Woog's a jerk. I agree with you that Woog cost Panzer as much as anything else.

Junior Lessard anyone? Last I heard he was with the Iowa Stars.

He at least had the big scoring numbers that were hard to argue against. Hensick is not that far ahead in a weaker league, and the knock against him is that he doesn't check enough or play defensive hockey. Duncan is a complete player.

ESPN college hockey chat this afternoon:

Chat About College Hockey

Minot: whats Ryan Duncan's chances at the Hobey

Joe Gladziszewski: Quite good right now. One thing that really helped his candidacy is the timing of his recent surge. He got hot, and North Dakota started winning, in the second half of the year. Some other players put up big totals early on, but their teams slipped toward the end (Leveille, for example). Duncan is at the top of the list for many Hobey voters, and is ranked atop INCH's Hobey Tracker for the second week in a row.

The overlooked part of Duncan's year is that he didn't just get hot when the Sioux started winning, he was probably the only reason the Sioux are able to make the tournament due to the goal scoring he did in the first half.

The overlooked part of Duncan's year is that he didn't just get hot when the Sioux started winning, he was probably the only reason the Sioux are able to make the tournament due to the goal scoring he did in the first half.

Very true. That's what I think most don't understand about his performance this season.