SiouxSports.com Forum

Wisconsin Logo controversy

dagies

Sorry to hijack the subject even more but Minot NEEDS to get rid of the "M"; even the colors could maybe be changed. It is not a very good feeling pulling the sweater over my head with a great, big maroon "M" on the front. Or, as has been suggested, the "U" needs to change their logo and colors.

To use the "M" though, Minot had to get special permission from the U of M.

The interesting thing is that they're sabre-rattling at high schools within their own state. Taxpayers support both UW and those high schools. If I were at UW, I wouldn't force people to choose.

I personally know of a high school in Chicago (Gordon Tech) that at one time used the "GT" from Georgia Tech and switched to the "G" of either the University of Georgia or the Green Bay Packers. Nobody said anything in either instance-IIRC, the change was brought on by a new coach who came in.

You probably couldn't count the number of high schools who use the horseshoe from the Colts. Or the Cowboys' star, or the Chargers' thunderbolt. Arizona State must see that devil symbol all over the place too. I can point out where there's a copy of the "WV" symbol of West Virginia. Pick and choose your battles, especially in-state. Because there's always the "W" from the University of Washington... :lol:

UW is showing why it's a NCAA model institution. They will push around the little guys for the $. While I can understand it's a trademark thing, I guess I just want to pick on them.

Story here.

I would tell Wisconsin to go f' themselves. What can Wisconsin do to them? I mean seriously, Wisconsin court doesnt' mean crap in another state.

I would tell Wisconsin to go f' themselves. What can Wisconsin do to them? I mean seriously, Wisconsin court doesnt' mean crap in another state.

GOON I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. WHAT'S NEXT TELLING UF THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR NAME TO SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN GATORS?

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

How hard is it to make up your own "W" logo without having to copy someone elses. Whether it's OK or not, I hate it when logos are copied. It's not THAT hard to be original.

Either way, I think it's ok that Wisconsin is doing what they are doing...if they created the logo, they can do what they want.

How hard is it to make up your own "W" logo without having to copy someone elses. Whether it's OK or not, I hate it when logos are copied. It's not THAT hard to be original.

Either way, I think it's ok that Wisconsin is doing what they are doing...if they created the logo, they can do what they want.

You must be from Wisconsin. :)