SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews

Sioux

the blackhawks are loaded with great NC$$ talent for the near future. i think they have 5 or 6 solid wcha prospects and a few good ccha and hockey east as well. will be a team of the future to watch

Unfortunately, they're still owned by the same bunch of no-talent a$$clowns who drove the franchise into the dirt years ago. ;);)

I'm not really sure if this is where this belongs... but just my two cents worth.

I'm okay with players leaving early to go to the NHL, because I realize that's been their dream for years. The one thing that bothers me is that I feel like, as fan, we don't get to properly thank them. With the seniors we get to recognize their parents on the ice, and in recent years given them a standing ovation for a "final skate" at the end of their last home game. With the players that leave early we don't get to do any of that. If you go to the end of the year autograph session you know that they will deny leaving early, even if they are going to be leaving the next day. We get no advance notice, and never get the chance to thank them for all of the entertainment/happiness that they have proivded us. I can't think of a way to fix this, but just thought I would throw it out there for others to think about.

Now back to pretending that perhaps they won't leave at the end of the season.... :glare:

I'm not really sure if this is where this belongs... but just my two cents worth.

I'm okay with players leaving early to go to the NHL, because I realize that's been their dream for years. The one thing that bothers me is that I feel like, as fan, we don't get to properly thank them. With the seniors we get to recognize their parents on the ice, and in recent years given them a standing ovation for a "final skate" at the end of their last home game. With the players that leave early we don't get to do any of that. If you go to the end of the year autograph session you know that they will deny leaving early, even if they are going to be leaving the next day. We get no advance notice, and never get the chance to thank them for all of the entertainment/happiness that they have proivded us. I can't think of a way to fix this, but just thought I would throw it out there for others to think about.

Now back to pretending that perhaps they won't leave at the end of the season.... :glare:

its part of being there for the 4 years, you get to experience that SENIOR night. the others shouldnt get that night. us as fans have a pretty good idea on whos going and staying for the most part i guess and can cheer on our own. i have no problem at all with players leaving after 1-3 years of playing. they need to do what best for THEIRSELVES.

so when the last wcha playoff game is at the ralph in a few weeks, give it up for porter, fabian, foyt, toews and oshie just to be safe....

I think they all know that regardless of if they stayed for 4 years or only played 1 year, they're still a part of the Fighting Sioux family, and that the fans are thankful for the time they played for the Sioux. Look at Belfour...played what, one year? And has never forgot his roots.

Personally I think it is a shame what has become of the Chicago Black Hawks they traded away Bochenski because the general manager didn't want him.

Now the throw away player has 8 points in 8 games with Boston.

True, but Chicago's GM isn't the only one out there with that kind of stupidity. There are less of them now, but they are still out there. Boston's old GM O'Connell would have been a good example.

Besides, I can't imagine Bochenski making it on the Wild either. He's too offensively minded. In the offensive zone, he'd lose his defensive responsibility which means LeMaire would probably bench him.

True, but Chicago's GM isn't the only one out there with that kind of stupidity. There are less of them now, but they are still out there. Boston's old GM O'Connell would have been a good example.

Besides, I can't imagine Bochenski making it on the Wild either. He's too offensively minded. In the offensive zone, he'd lose his defensive responsibility which means LeMaire would probably bench him.

You have to say though that Lemaire knows what he is doing. He is a hard nosed coach who demands results. Not a bad thing.

You have to say though that Lemaire knows what he is doing. He is a hard nosed coach who demands results. Not a bad thing.

Dave Lewis is what I would call a defensive minded coach, but the Bruins this year have also gotten more fleet of foot and are getting faster with each transaction. The upside is good and I think Bucks will fit into the B's scheme. I liked watching Bo skate with Kessel I think they would look good between Savard.

I do?

I will say this: Lemaire knows how to put a defensive unit on the ice. I wouldn't want much to do with Minnesota's defense or goaltending for that matter.

That being said, eliminate Rolston and Gaborik and you've eliminated 80% of the Wild's offense. Demitra has done ok, he probably accounts for 8% of the remaining 20%.

And if demanding results with their defense only puts them in the 8th slot for the playoffs, what kind of results is LeMaire pushing? Seriously, a great defense is essential for a championship run, sure, but you have to score goals in order to win.

It seems like LeMaire's game plan is to bore everyone (fans and opposing players alike) to complacency to get to OT and try to sneak one past the goaltender then and, if not, try to win in a shootout, where players like Bouchard are lethal (no defensemen to nullify them). Put an offensively sound team on the ice against the Wild that can play decent defense themselves, and the Wild are toast.

I hate the Wild's style of hockey. And I was furious that Dallas lost last night. Backstrom is a good goaltender, that's for sure, but I hate it when boring teams win.

I do?

I will say this: Lemaire knows how to put a defensive unit on the ice. I wouldn't want much to do with Minnesota's defense or goaltending for that matter.

That being said, eliminate Rolston and Gaborik and you've eliminated 80% of the Wild's offense. Demitra has done ok, he probably accounts for 8% of the remaining 20%.

And if demanding results with their defense only puts them in the 8th slot for the playoffs, what kind of results is LeMaire pushing? Seriously, a great defense is essential for a championship run, sure, but you have to score goals in order to win.

It seems like LeMaire's game plan is to bore everyone (fans and opposing players alike) to complacency to get to OT and try to sneak one past the goaltender then and, if not, try to win in a shootout, where players like Bouchard are lethal (no defensemen to nullify them). Put an offensively sound team on the ice against the Wild that can play decent defense themselves, and the Wild are toast.

I hate the Wild's style of hockey. And I was furious that Dallas lost last night. Backstrom is a good goaltender, that's for sure, but I hate it when boring teams win.

Then you should be happy with last night's game because no team is as boring as Dallas. Also - 39 shots on goal is boring?

Did you watch the game or just read the box score and/or Pat Ruesse's column?

Then you should be happy with last night's game because no team is as boring as Dallas. Also - 39 shots on goal is boring?

I watched the last 10 minutes of the first period, most of the 3rd period, all of the OT, and all of the shootout. However, I base my opinion of the Wild after more than just last night's game. To be fair, I knew the game was going to go to a shootout with 1:44 left in the 3rd period. What I wasn't expecting was a relatively exciting OT. The Wild actually took chances and opened up their game a little. It was exciting because that's not the usual Wild gameplan at all. If they played that way all the time, I bet I'd probably be more of a Wild fan. That and if their GM wasn't so fixated on potential and realized that potential and reality can be two different things. For example, Pascal Dupuis (Yeah, he's no longer on the Wild but stick with me) and Bouchard were almost prolific level scorers in Major Juniors. Potentially their game should translate well to the NHL game and they should score. However, is that true? Nope. Bouchard has carved a niche out on the Wild as a "playmaker" meaning a guy with speed who can pass to someone who can score. His finishing skills are only apparent on breakaways or shootouts or those rare times when the defense leaves him completely alone. Dupuis needs a few more seasons of what he's done thus far before I can officially call him a bust, but he's a good deal down that road.

I'm not a Dallas fan either, to be honest. I hate boring teams period. The only reason why I cared enough about this game to tune in at all was more of a tribute to what Dallas once was===>The North Stars rather than anything really tangible. Their game is just as boring, so I agree with you.

As for Reusse, he's so sensationalistic that whenever he actually makes a viable point it is immediately drowned out by it.

That being said, the Wild have the best chance of making something of themselves other than the Twins. The Twins have proved themselves and, though they are not exempt from criticism, they hold more respect in my eyes than any other pro Minnesota team. The Wild are on the cusp and what would put them over the top are two things;

1. Scoring talent. More than just Demitra and Rolston. More than just mediocre middleoftheroad scorers like Parrish. I'm talking about dynamic scoring talent.

2. A different game plan. One where more risks are taken in the offensive zone. Where they do everything possible in the offensive zone to score a goal and let everything else fall into place. The Wild can do that, in my opinion, because their goaltending and their defense are solid. They don't.

39 shots on goal is meaningless. Outside of OT and the shootout, the saves I saw Turco made were about 98% of the "So easy I could make them" variety. I only saw 2 real solid scoring chances in the 3rd against Turco. Both, coincidentally, were missed by Rolston (who, by the way, is the Wild's best player. Sorry Glass Joe Gaborik).

I don't like how the Wild are run. I don't like their offensive schemes. I don't like how they approach free agency and the draft. Other than that, they're fine.

I do?

I watched the last 10 minutes of the first period, most of the 3rd period, all of the OT, and all of the shootout. However, I base my opinion of the Wild after more than just last night's game. To be fair, I knew the game was going to go to a shootout with 1:44 left in the 3rd period. What I wasn't expecting was a relatively exciting OT. The Wild actually took chances and opened up their game a little. It was exciting because that's not the usual Wild gameplan at all. If they played that way all the time, I bet I'd probably be more of a Wild fan. That and if their GM wasn't so fixated on potential and realized that potential and reality can be two different things. For example, Pascal Dupuis (Yeah, he's no longer on the Wild but stick with me) and Bouchard were almost prolific level scorers in Major Juniors. Potentially their game should translate well to the NHL game and they should score. However, is that true? Nope. Bouchard has carved a niche out on the Wild as a "playmaker" meaning a guy with speed who can pass to someone who can score. His finishing skills are only apparent on breakaways or shootouts or those rare times when the defense leaves him completely alone. Dupuis needs a few more seasons of what he's done thus far before I can officially call him a bust, but he's a good deal down that road.

I'm not a Dallas fan either, to be honest. I hate boring teams period. The only reason why I cared enough about this game to tune in at all was more of a tribute to what Dallas once was===>The North Stars rather than anything really tangible. Their game is just as boring, so I agree with you.

As for Reusse, he's so sensationalistic that whenever he actually makes a viable point it is immediately drowned out by it.

That being said, the Wild have the best chance of making something of themselves other than the Twins. The Twins have proved themselves and, though they are not exempt from criticism, they hold more respect in my eyes than any other pro Minnesota team. The Wild are on the cusp and what would put them over the top are two things;

1. Scoring talent. More than just Demitra and Rolston. More than just mediocre middleoftheroad scorers like Parrish. I'm talking about dynamic scoring talent.

2. A different game plan. One where more risks are taken in the offensive zone. Where they do everything possible in the offensive zone to score a goal and let everything else fall into place. The Wild can do that, in my opinion, because their goaltending and their defense are solid. They don't.

39 shots on goal is meaningless. Outside of OT and the shootout, the saves I saw Turco made were about 98% of the "So easy I could make them" variety. I only saw 2 real solid scoring chances in the 3rd against Turco. Both, coincidentally, were missed by Rolston (who, by the way, is the Wild's best player. Sorry Glass Joe Gaborik).

I don't like how the Wild are run. I don't like their offensive schemes. I don't like how they approach free agency and the draft. Other than that, they're fine.

FYI - Rick Nash is the only forward from the 2002 Entry draft with more games and points than Bouchard - he's only 23! Who should they have drafted?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2002e.html

Blackhawks need No. 1 center above anything else

Jonathan Toews could then be slotted into the No. 3 center spot to start the season and ease his way into the NHL without the pressure of having to carry the offensive load. The Hawks expect Toews, the third pick in the 2006 draft, to leave the University of North Dakota after this, his sophomore season.

FYI - Rick Nash is the only forward from the 2002 Entry draft with more games and points than Bouchard - he's only 23! Who should they have drafted?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2002e.html

You must consider the source.

As for RW77, he's so sensationalistic that whenever he actually makes a viable point it is immediately drowned out by it.