SiouxSports.com Forum

At DU; At SCSU

The Sicatoka

Given the importance that the UND at DU and UND at SCSU each series will have, let's start the noise about getting those on TV now.

The logical approach:

1. Start asking FSN North to run UND at DU after the Minnesota games on February 23 and 24.

2. Start asking Fighting Sioux Sports Network to get the feed from St. Cloud on March 2 and 3.

However, only one game really matters right now:

v. Minnesota - Duluth on February 16.

Given the importance that the UND at DU and UND at SCSU each series will have, let's start the noise about getting those on TV now.

The logical approach:

1. Start asking FSN North to run UND at DU after the Minnesota games on February 23 and 24.

2. Start asking Fighting Sioux Sports Network to get the feed from St. Cloud on March 2 and 3.

However, only one game really matters right now:

v. Minnesota - Duluth on February 16.

Would guess the Denver series will be on FXRM, for those with directtv or dishnetwork (depending on your region, may have to have the sports pak add-on). Also, one of the fox super regionals has picked up the FXRM broadcasts of the

Denver home games, so digital cable viewers will likely get it also.

If nothing else, SCSU has a webcast through b2networks, I think the price is about $6 per game.

The DU Friday nite game is on Fox RM Direct and Dish, also on the Cable Fox College Sports Channel. Doesnt look like there is any coverage on Saturday nite.

That schedule can change by the minute. Time for Sweeny and Channel 8 to step up and stop making excuses.

FSNN will not air anything but the goofs if they are playing anywhere but Alaska - that is one of the reasons they are refered to the NY Yankees of NCAA hockey

I'm confused as to why we expect FSN North to telecast anything other than Minnesota sports? Their slogan is "Where Minnesota fans come first" or something of that ilk. They are based in the Twin Cities. Their main market is Minnesota. What possible interest could they have in North Dakota? Even Wisconsin has their own Fox Sports Affiliate so they don't have to rely on FSN North.

Let's face it, until we get a regional Fox Sports Affiliate to take up FSSN telecasts (or sign a contract to do so themselves) we won't see much Fighting Sioux hockey on FSN North. It is how it is.

That being said, FSN North has done a lot for hockey in the region. They have MInnesota high school hockey on every now and then, Wild hockey (I hate the Wild, but they are the only channel I get that shows NHL), and cover the GOpher-Sioux tilt.

So I'm happy. Do I wish the DU and SCSU games were televised? Sure, but expecting FSN North to do it is rather foolish.

I'm confused as to why we expect FSN North to telecast anything other than Minnesota sports? Their slogan is "Where Minnesota fans come first" or something of that ilk. They are based in the Twin Cities. Their main market is Minnesota. What possible interest could they have in North Dakota? Even Wisconsin has their own Fox Sports Affiliate so they don't have to rely on FSN North.

Let's face it, until we get a regional Fox Sports Affiliate to take up FSSN telecasts (or sign a contract to do so themselves) we won't see much Fighting Sioux hockey on FSN North. It is how it is.

That being said, FSN North has done a lot for hockey in the region. They have MInnesota high school hockey on every now and then, Wild hockey (I hate the Wild, but they are the only channel I get that shows NHL), and cover the GOpher-Sioux tilt.

So I'm happy. Do I wish the DU and SCSU games were televised? Sure, but expecting FSN North to do it is rather foolish.

Why? Because their fan base is obsessed with Sioux Sports!!

Not to mention, check the ratings for Sioux-Gophers and compare to their other broadcasts ....

Why? Because their fan base is obsessed with Sioux Sports!!

Not to mention, check the ratings for Sioux-Gophers and compare to their other broadcasts ....

would you help me find those ratings you so readily - and with apparent knowledge - refer to as I can't seem to locate them? perhaps then your claims will be worth the time it takes to read them.

would you help me find those ratings you so readily - and with apparent knowledge - refer to as I can't seem to locate them? perhaps then your claims will be worth the time it takes to read them.

I was encouraging the wise and savvy folks at FSNN to "check the ratings".

I confess to not having those facts, but nobody ever said that was a requirement for posting on a message board.

I didn't read all the posts real close but FOX Rocky Mountain could possibly be broadcasting the(DU) games, and if thats the case Grand Forks could link into that feed? They usually can get those games at Sensors.

The Friday game is on FSN RM so Senser's could get it. The Saturday game is not

As for picking up the feed from Clown town, let's put this in perspective

WDAZ didn't televise the home football playoff game this year

WDAZ disn't televise the 2nd round road playoff game in Omaha even though they could have.

Sweeney said on Saturday's game that next week's game (this week now) against UMD is the last regular season games and if the Sioux are at home, you'll see the playoff games. If they aren't, well then we don't know.

translation....why would WDAZ pay twice as much money in uplink fees to show an away game? Remember, road games require 2 uplinks in most cases. One from the arena to the Ralph (to get the game) and then the one they would send out with commercials. And that's if they take the feed directly and do not do their own. Home games only require one feed.

Also, St Cloud isn't keen with letting people grab their feed. I've only seen two games on satellite. The Alaska games were beamed back to Anchorage.

Would I like to see them on TV? hell yes

Do I really see it happening at least in the next two weeks? probably not

As for picking up the feed from Clown town, let's put this in perspective

WDAZ didn't televise the home football playoff game this year

WDAZ disn't televise the 2nd round road playoff game in Omaha even though they could have.

Sweeney said on Saturday's game that next week's game (this week now) against UMD is the last regular season games and if the Sioux are at home, you'll see the playoff games. If they aren't, well then we don't know.

translation....why would WDAZ pay twice as much money in uplink fees to show an away game? Remember, road games require 2 uplinks in most cases. One from the arena to the Ralph (to get the game) and then the one they would send out with commercials. And that's if they take the feed directly and do not do their own. Home games only require one feed.

Also, St Cloud isn't keen with letting people grab their feed. I've only seen two games on satellite. The Alaska games were beamed back to Anchorage.

Would I like to see them on TV? hell yes

Do I really see it happening at least in the next two weeks? probably not

I wonder if there is anyway to get the FSSN away from WDAZ, its obvious that Channel eight is holding FSSN back.

This looks like an incredible money making opportunity, that isn't being acted on.