SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or wait until friday since Hak said in the statement today that he wasn't making any decisions in the line-up until Friday.

It sounded to me like we would have EVERYONE wearing the home whites on Friday ... just my gut feeling :lol:

It sounded to me like we would have EVERYONE wearing the home whites on Friday ... just my gut feeling :lol:

But really when was the last time that sioux wore something other than their whites at home? Other than say the exhibition games? Not for the past few years.....The throwbacks with the green stripes was worn once and then the green and white with the shoelace ties on the front. But have they worn anything else?

But really when was the last time that sioux wore something other than their whites at home? Other than say the exhibition games? Not for the past few years.....The throwbacks with the green stripes was worn once and then the green and white with the shoelace ties on the front. But have they worn anything else?

They wore black jerseys a few years ago to honor the coach from ?Maine? who had passed away. I think they all had his name on the back. Was it Walsh?

They wore black jerseys a few years ago to honor the coach from ?Maine? who had passed away. I think they all had his name on the back. Was it Walsh?

The jerseys were worn during a game in Maine while the Black Bears Coach Walsh was receiving treatment out of state. He died of cancer a short time later.

Great picture.

I don't think that the jerseys worn in Maine with Walsh's name on them were the black one's, I think they were the away green. But I could be wrong (again).

i believe they were black with WALSH on the back, very classy and nice to see

That game was actually in Maine. I want to see the Black Nike Jerseys again. I am thinking of buy one of them.

Those rock. :lol:

That game was actually in Maine. I want to see the Black Nike Jerseys again. I am thinking of buy one of them.

Those rock. :lol:

it was at maine, you are right

http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team.php?se...=m&team=UND

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,1715/WalshJer...uctionRaises11G

Dean Blais had his players wear jerseys with the name "Walsh" on the back of them for their Friday night game in Orono to honor Maine head coach Shawn Walsh, who was in California undergoing treatments for kidney cancer. Walsh would lose his battle with the disease just under a year later.

the new nike slim fit jersey or the original black nike they sell at the ralph?

As I recall, before the Oct. 19, 2001, game with Maine at Engelstad Arena, there was a Sioux drum ceremony honoring Walsh after his death. Some might be confusing the event at the Ralph with the event in Maine.

Found this in today's Strib:

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/988096.html

"The incident could have an effect on the college hockey futures of Toews and Oshie, both of whom are first-round NHL draft picks. Toews (drafted by Chicago) probably was headed to the NHL anyway, but both he and Oshie (drafted by St. Louis) might now be ready to put this incident -- and Grand Forks -- behind them."

Apparently the insiders over at the strib know what's going on...maybe they talked to Sid... :lol:

As I recall, before the Oct. 19, 2001, game with Maine at Engelstad Arena, there was a Sioux drum ceremony honoring Walsh after his death. Some might be confusing the event at the Ralph with the event in Maine.

I find it funny that the Anti-Fighting Sioux people never acknowledge that. From what I was told, that is a high honor to bestow on someone.

"The incident could have an effect on the college hockey futures of Toews and Oshie, both of whom are first-round NHL draft picks. Toews (drafted by Chicago) probably was headed to the NHL anyway, but both he and Oshie (drafted by St. Louis) might now be ready to put this incident -- and Grand Forks -- behind them."

Apparently the insiders over at the strib know what's going on...maybe they talked to Sid... :lol:

I think Spiros is a pretty good college hockey writer and it seems he has a strong interest in the game, but after the Blarney's incident, why does he think this will chase Toews/Oshie out of town? Did the Gopher's who left early leave because of Blarney's? I don't think so.

The Fargo Forum had the article front & center in the sports section today. After the Sioux beat the Gophers on Friday, the Forum obviously didn't put that on their front page. After the Sioux beat the Gophers on Saturday, the Forum put a small article on the front page. I know the Forum is a Bison paper, but sometimes they drive me crazy.

The drama over this incident is dying down with hockey right around the corner. Regardless of right or wrong, these young men do what most college students do ... enjoy a cold one or two.

They made a mistake ... they publicly apologized this afternoon ... and they will move on with their lives as will the Fighting Sioux.

The people that are blaming a single person is falsely incorrect and should stop. Reports will prove it.

This will make the 2007 Fighting Sioux Men's hockey team a stronger, closer and more determined group of young men.

So this report will tell us all who is and who is not responsible for making the now infamous phone call? Would you mind posting a link to this report, or maybe just sharing some of the contents of it with those of us who are interested? You seem to have access to things that other's do not, why not share? By the way, does anyone know if OJ is still looking for his ex-wife's murderer?

I think Spiros is a pretty good college hockey writer and it seems he has a strong interest in the game, but after the Blarney's incident, why does he think this will chase Toews/Oshie out of town?

Because every hockey player who comes to UND soon realizes it was a mistake and looks for the first available excuse to leave. sarcasm.gif

I think Spiros is a pretty good college hockey writer and it seems he has a strong interest in the game, but after the Blarney's incident, why does he think this will chase Toews/Oshie out of town? Did the Gopher's who left early leave because of Blarney's? I don't think so.

The incident will have NO EFFECT on their college hockey futures. Spiros doesn't know crap about what is going on in Grand Forks, ND. I like how these clowns just make up stories. Also, how is the only division one hockey team in ND sweeping the Dirty Gophers not a front page story, that is a joke too.