SiouxSports.com Forum

Sports Center #1

morley

Bina's goal showing up as #1 on the Sportscenter top ten reminds me of a baseball practice from when I was 12 or 13... Robbie was the shortstop on our team, but during this practice he was playing center field. Someone hit a long fly ball to him out in center, and the guy on third tagged up to come home, but Bina gunned him out with an amazing throw. Naturally, everyone started singing the Sportscenter theme song...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe nobody has been touting the SWEEET!!!! setup pass from Chorney to Bina on that goal.

Chorney isn't getting nearly enough credit for the great pass.

I remember when I watched that for the first time I thought what a great pass that was. So many guys just wrap it around the boards.

Bina's goal showing up as #1 on the Sportscenter top ten reminds me of a baseball practice from when I was 12 or 13... Robbie was the shortstop on our team, but during this practice he was playing center field. Someone hit a long fly ball to him out in center, and the guy on third tagged up to come home, but Bina gunned him out with an amazing throw. Naturally, everyone started singing the Sportscenter theme song...

whats your name? I played ball with robbie too at that age.

whats your name? I played ball with robbie too at that age.

Did you play hockey with him at that age? My son did. I've been watching Robbie play football and hockey since grade school because they were on the same teams at different times. Phats was a year ahead of Robbie in school although they're the same age.

I remember Toby Kvalavog (sp?)...letting one in..

Wasn't that the back-to-back losses at home in the WCHA first round against Wisconsin back in 1996? I seem to remember a fairly weak OT goal on Friday night and then Saturday's game ending on a slap shot from center ice that Toby had but didn't realize it, so he flicked his arm and accidentally tossed the puck just across the line with .01 left in the game.

Does that jog your memory, The Walrus? I was there watching both of those games and sat stunned in the old REA for about 1/2 hour after the game had ended.

Does that jog your memory, The Walrus? I was there watching both of those games and sat stunned in the old REA for about 1/2 hour after the game had ended.

MafiaMan's still alive! ;)

How'd we make it through Sioux-Gopher week without him? He better have a good explanation for his absence. :angry:

MafiaMan's still alive! :angry:

How'd we make it through Sioux-Gopher week without him? He better have a good explanation for his absence. :lol:

But at the same time I respectfully ask that he stays off the forum for future Sioux/ Gopher weeks. No offense man... but look at the results! ;):D

I am impressed we didn't get a lecture about the Fighting Sioux name.

It wasnt written by the anyone on the excutive committee. If you can remember from the west regional the director of tournements said that the Ralph has had the best turnout ever for a regional tournement. So not everyone in the NC$$ are evil just Mr. Brand.

MafiaMan's still alive! :angry:

How'd we make it through Sioux-Gopher week without him? He better have a good explanation for his absence. :lol:

Sorry to let everyone down...I've been busy with mites hockey every Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon along with my own broomball league play every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday night. Not much time for horsing around on the internet these days...unless I'm at work! ;)

Sorry to let everyone down...I've been busy with mites hockey every Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon along with my own broomball league play every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday night. Not much time for horsing around on the internet these days...unless I'm at work! ;)

Obviously you need more time at work relaxing.

Can't believe you missed the whole "skippie" interactions week.