SiouxSports.com Forum

Black jerseys

01grad

Just got back from the game and I was wondering what kind of jerseys we were wearing tonight, and why did they decide to go with black? It was an exciting win and great to see so many Sioux fans out to support them. Many of us were at Sally's and that was fun, until a guy started arguing with us about the Sioux name. The only thing I don't like about the name is when people say Sux, Susies, Siouxage, etc. If we lose the name Sioux, we should just go with North Dakota and not have another nickname and those that want to keep saying Sioux can. Screw getting another name, just go with North Dakota on the jerseys and keep the legacy of the name by not coming up with a new one. Why do we need to have a name along with the location? Oh well I am drunk and need to go to bed and get ready for another win tomorrow. Since most people were predicting a Sioux win tomorrow and not tonight, we should be able to get a sweep right?!!!

streamline nike, its what the nhl will go to as well except reebok makes those, they wore these in the last 2 world junior tourneys, suppose to be better for speed and less clutching and grabbing, they work for me, we are 2-0 in them ;) and if they sell these its another 70 bones out of pocket ???

we wore these 1st game vs dartmouth in that tourney as well

I don't mind the looks of them, but what I don't like is that many of teams will have the same design. Denver wore theirs tonight.

Also, after getting shellacked at MN on Friday last year we came out with the black jerseys and won.

We got a win tonight. All good.

Just got back from the game and I was wondering what kind of jerseys we were wearing tonight, and why did they decide to go with black? It was an exciting win and great to see so many Sioux fans out to support them. Many of us were at Sally's and that was fun, until a guy started arguing with us about the Sioux name. The only thing I don't like about the name is when people say Sux, Susies, Siouxage, etc. If we lose the name Sioux, we should just go with North Dakota and not have another nickname and those that want to keep saying Sioux can. Screw getting another name, just go with North Dakota on the jerseys and keep the legacy of the name by not coming up with a new one. Why do we need to have a name along with the location? Oh well I am drunk and need to go to bed and get ready for another win tomorrow. Since most people were predicting a Sioux win tomorrow and not tonight, we should be able to get a sweep right?!!!

Sounds like you had a good time, judging by your late night typing or is grammar. But were allowed to be having fun, we went into their house and beat the #1 team in the country. Biggest (but not best) win of the year

As for the jerseys, the only dislike is the numbers, to small to read on FSNN

I suspect these were a promo item from Nike to introduce this product to the college market which is why they look so similar to Denver's, etc. If this style of jersey catches on I would assume each school's jersey would be individually designed as they are now.

That said, I think these jerseys are pretty sharp looking, though I wouldn't want a design that's similar or the same as someone elses.

I like these jerseys but would like to see them only used in place of our current black jersey as the alternate jersey. I will be buying one as soon as they are available.

Would look good in green as well.

I can't wait till they are available for purchase. SIOUX YEAH YEAH!

I've always liked "the Blacks" on the Sioux. I much prefer them over "the Cucumbers". As far as the future baristas at Starbucks with their General Studies degrees from Minnesota using "Sux, Susies, Siouxage, etc.", this is nothing new. Feel free to follow them into the restroom with an empty Bud bottle. A roll of quarters in a sock works too. Or so I'v heard . ???;):0

Here's my $0.02.....

I have been against these Nike Swift jerseys since the World Juniors a year ago when they introduced them......but when I got home after the avatar's game and watched the game. The boys looked pretty damn cool out there with them on. I'm up for wearing the black ones as the alternate jerseys. But keep the white and kelly ones as they are.

That's it, the black as an alternate gets the HockeyMom Seal of Approval.

I thought I heard these just aren't going to be sold to the public. Nike only made enough for the teams and aren't producing them for sale.

If they are going to bring back old school jerseys, they need to bring back the old Indian head jerseys that they wore in the 50's I believe. It's not the Blackhawk jersey, it's different. Says North Dakota with an Indian head under it.

I suspect these were a promo item from Nike to introduce this product to the college market which is why they look so similar to Denver's, etc. If this style of jersey catches on I would assume each school's jersey would be individually designed as they are now.

Doubt they'd specifically design for each school. Back about 5 years teams like MN and BC were indistinguishable because their uniforms were the same f-ing thing. Even the gloves. Oh, and the maker was Nike.

Doubt they'd specifically design for each school. Back about 5 years teams like MN and BC were indistinguishable because their uniforms were the same f-ing thing. Even the gloves. Oh, and the maker was Nike.

I believe that these are the jerseys that MIT tested and determined were 9% more aerodynamic.. (No, really, dead serious...)

I thought I heard these just aren't going to be sold to the public. Nike only made enough for the teams and aren't producing them for sale.

If they are going to bring back old school jerseys, they need to bring back the old Indian head jerseys that they wore in the 50's I believe. It's not the Blackhawk jersey, it's different. Says North Dakota with an Indian head under it.

I e-mailed Siouxshop after the Dartmouth tournament and was told they would be available to the public only if UND decides to use them next season as a regular or alternate jersey. At 2-0 in them, there is a reasonable chance we will see them in upcoming important games.

I e-mailed Siouxshop after the Dartmouth tournament and was told they would be available to the public only if UND decides to use them next season as a regular or alternate jersey. At 2-0 in them, there is a reasonable chance we will see them in upcoming important games.

It's so up and down though. Was it last season or two years ago where they tried the black jersies out East and lost or tied in them and decided not to use them again?

On the flip side, I really don't think it matters what the 3rd jersies look like. It makes little difference.