SiouxSports.com Forum

Black jerseys

01grad

Doubt they'd specifically design for each school. Back about 5 years teams like MN and BC were indistinguishable because their uniforms were the same f-ing thing. Even the gloves. Oh, and the maker was Nike.

Agreed. Just look at D-I college basketball. All the teams wearing Nike Jerseys wear the same template. I think if these catch on at all you'll see the same thing in college hockey. Some people might like the design, but the problem is that they basically become an advertisement for Nike (not that they aren't now, with swooshes all over the place, but that's another story...) The minute someone look at the jersey, they'll be saying "hey, I like those Nike jerseys," not, "hey, I like those Sioux jerseys." I guess I don't mind the slimmer fit so much, but the vertical stripes are not good. A hockey jersey is supposed to have a stripe around the bottom, and around the sleeves.

I think a team could have an original design, but I imagine they'd have to come up with it themselves. Nike will say, "use our template and save some money. Everyone's doing it. Come on, you can change anytime. One new jersey is not going to hurt."

I believe that these are the jerseys that MIT tested and determined were 9% more aerodynamic.. (No, really, dead serious...)

You're thinking of the new RBK Edge jerseys being made for the NHL.

Not sure how many times I have to say it. These will be the NORM for EVERY team in the next few years. They are muuuch lighter, and the players love them. Get used to it.

Look, don't get me wrong. I don't have any problems with better fabrics, better fit, moisture wicking, etc. etc. What I have a problem with is every team sponsored by Nike using the exact same 'cookie cutter' jersey design. If these become the NORM for EVERY team, than the Nike brand will have become more visible than the name on the front of the jersey, simply because you will recognize it as a Nike jersey before recognizing it as a North Dakota jersey, Denver jersey, Maine jersey, etc. If teams like UND can use the "advanced" jerseys and still retain an identity separate from that of their uniform provider, great. If not, I'll continue to try to convince people that it is bad.

Not sure how many times I have to say it. These will be the NORM for EVERY team in the next few years. They are muuuch lighter, and the players love them. Get used to it.

Perhaps they've changed them somewhat, because I know when they first came out in the WJ's a few years ago, and the Olympics in '04, the players hated them.

The thing I don't like about these jerseys is that they probably won't look good on overweight, middle-aged men. :D:lol:

and just what are you trying to tell me PCM ........... lmao

perhaps i will reconsider purchasing one of these !

Let's face it almost any hockey sweater design would look

good with the most awesome logo of the Fighting Sioux on it.

We've now had a side by side test of old vs. new, black vs. green jersies.

I like the green jersies better. Both cause our team to give up 3 goals a game. But the green jersies allowed us to score 2 more goals than the other jersey. Hence, by the goal scored/goals allowed comparison, the Green is superior to the black and the old is superior to the new. :glare:

We've now had a side by side test of old vs. new, black vs. green jersies.

I like the green jersies better. Both cause our team to give up 3 goals a game. But the green jersies allowed us to score 2 more goals than the other jersey. Hence, by the goal scored/goals allowed comparison, the Green is superior to the black and the old is superior to the new. :glare:

:glare: But statistically, the Gophers are 2 goals better in their Gold jerseys and another 1 goal better on Saturdays, so I think the Green jerseys are 5 goals better than the Black.

Or maybe I'm just arguing this because I like the Green and don't care for the new black.

• 2 weeks later...