SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak postgame comments:

Excellent effort. Was going to take my shoes off to start counting penalties.

First 10 minutes of the game, we played well, but got back on our heels after the 2nd goal. Bina's 1st goal was huge.

Able to create a lot of loose pucks by using our feet.

Pushed and pressured them to create turnovers.

Fabian's goal was a real lift for the bench. Goal off the faceoff. Really energized us.

Penalty killing can gas us. Got fortunate tonight. Didn't allow their PP to get rolling. Energizing effect with those kills.

Not going to fault our guys on all the penalties called, that's all I'll say.

Kaip's line was one of the better one's tonight.

Got reasonable contributions from everyone.

Need to be better tomorrow night, and we can get better.

Can't sit back and enjoy it, have to prepare for game 2.

All we look forward to is tomorrow night's game.

Lammy played tremedous. Can't go 2 for 11 on PK without great goaltending.

Okposo cut in in the 2nd and Phil made a huge save.

haven't noticed Kozek much tonight... anyone see if he's playing much. and if he is... is he hitting?

Played with Kaip and Fabian, but he appeared to be the high man (probably by design with his injury), as Kaip and Fabian did most of the forechecking. He stayed away from the hits for the most part.

Question, does the fact that the Gophers are #1 help out more with the pairwise than merely beating a team above us?

I think so. It always helps to play (and win) against higher ranked teams. With the next few weekends against non-ranked teams, tomorrow's game would help a great deal in moving the Sioux up the ladder. Call my cynical of the NCAA, but I don't want to be a bubble team come selection time.

I have no idea what is going to happen tommorrow night. I was so nervous turning on the radio about 10 minutes ago because when I left the game UND was down 2-1 and UMN was working on their 5th powerplay.

Relieved we got the win tonight!

I don't know what's in store but I am exstatic we got 2 points! Let's refocus and go for 4!

Poor Gophers are going to lose more votes already in the polls. If we sweep they'll lose the #1 ranking.

By the way, gotta love the stats side of play from Eric Fabian, Robbie Bina, and the grit from Rylan Kaip.

I think so. It always helps to play (and win) against higher ranked teams. With the next few weekends against non-ranked teams, tomorrow's game would help a great deal in moving the Sioux up the ladder. Call my cynical of the NCAA, but I don't want to be a bubble team come selection time.

Yes, in the sense that:

1) head-to-head is a criteria for Sioux vs Gophers. Another win (or two) vs. MN and we would have a shot at the pairwise comparison vs. MN.

2) it helps our comparisons against all the other opponents we have with Minnesota. (ie, WCHA teams...)

I have no idea what is going to happen tommorrow night. I was so nervous turning on the radio about 10 minutes ago because when I left the game UND was down 2-1 and UMN was working on their 5th powerplay.

Relieved we got the win tonight!

I don't know what's in store but I am exstatic we got 2 points! Let's refocus and go for 4!

Poor Gophers are going to lose more votes already in the polls. If we sweep they'll lose the #1 ranking.

By the way, gotta love the stats side of play from Eric Fabian, Robbie Bina, and the grit from Rylan Kaip.

Gophers will definitely be tougher tomorrow night (I hope not, but I'm thinking they've got to be). In all reality, Sioux really took them out of their game tonight with their tenacious play. We just have to eliminate some of the penalties, and play the same game tomorrow night.