SiouxSports.com Forum

Stay Positive

Watchout for Flying Pucks

I think we all need to just stay positive for the rest of the season. Yes, this is a rebuilding season lets face it. The Sioux can't always be perfect and win them all. Hopefully, they figure some things out over the Christmas Break out East. We just have to support them through the good and bad.

Go Sioux!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all need to just stay positive for the rest of the season. Yes, this is a rebuilding season lets face it. The Sioux can't always be perfect and win them all. Hopefully, they figure some things out over the Christmas Break out East. We just have to support them through the good and bad.

Go Sioux!!

Nah. It's much easier to fly around screaming that the sky is falling and the only way to save it is to throw players under the bus in a sacrifice to the "hockey gods" and to fire the coach. :silly:

Why stay positive when it is easier to point out the negative?

Go Sioux!!

For some it is easier to blame someone or something for the season the Fighting Sioux have been having so far this year rather than being positive.

For some it is easier to blame someone or something for the season the Fighting Sioux have been having so far this year rather than being positive.

This is all true, but lets be the better fans in the WCHA and show the other teams we are always behind our team no matter what their record is or how bad we play. We dont need to make any excuses for our losses.

This is all true, but lets be the better fans in the WCHA and show the other teams we are always behind our team no matter what their record is or how bad we play. We dont need to make any excuses for our losses.

Wouldn't that be a trick!

But, nevertheless, I will support the Sioux and be Lee's, Finley's, Grieco's, Kaip's, Kozek's, Hakstol's, Lamoreaux's, and whomever else's fan regardless of what happens.

Go Sioux!!

I said it was a rebuilding season a few weeks ago and people jumped on me.

I think Hakstol need tos get mad at them. needs to get them fired up. ther arent fired up at all. when the last tim we been swept at hom vs. mich tech? huh? huh? or anchoracge?

My wife called me at the end of the game to say that the TV broadcast said 1987 was the last time Tech Swept us at UND, and the last time UND was swept at Tech was 1992. I know before this weekend we hadn't lost in 12 games. Tech used to be almost an auto win.

lets start 2 more of these threads while we are at it. fans are fans and we have the right to be pissed the frik off. this team is playing like CRAP and there is no other way to put it. they are not a good team right now. we dont have a damn goalie which is a joke at this program. lets hope they can find some magic at the dartmouth (racists) tourney and go from there. but stay positive threads are halarious. win some friken games then we can start to be positive. thanks and have a great day and please tip your waiters..........

lets start 2 more of these threads while we are at it. fans are fans and we have the right to be pissed the frik off. this team is playing like CRAP and there is no other way to put it. they are not a good team right now. we dont have a damn goalie which is a joke at this program. lets hope they can find some magic at the dartmouth (racists) tourney and go from there. but stay positive threads are halarious. win some friken games then we can start to be positive. thanks and have a great day and please tip your waiters..........

Yep and its not a sin to bring this up, there is this status quo that is convinced not matter what some players do they are entitled to play and play for all four years. BS...

Right now the goaltending situation this school is unacceptable, its like FSU not having a stud line backer it's UNACCEPTABLE, this isnt' an also ran program in the WCHA, this the 7 time national champion. If you can't see the obvious thats your problem. Don't lecture people who are seeing the obvious though. Your probabaly either a buddy of that said player/person or too biased to know the difference.

On the bright note, there were a few this weekend. Oshie got three points this weekend and lets hope he plays like this against Dartmouth. Miller and Duncan were great too.

Here's something positive:

I'm looking forward to watching this team pull the 10 vs. 1 uppie at Mariucci in March!! :silly:

I think it would be funny, their fans have been woofing away and all but giving themselves the national title already. Of course I hate to remind Goofer fans remember the name Briggs, the goalie that is an all-american during the regular season only to fall like a prom dress on prom night during the playoffs. What are goofer fans going to do when they get to the playoffs and Briggs discovers, hey I am the goalie that has sucked in the playoffs for the past 3 1/2 years all you will hear is the sound thud. Thud!!! I would hate to see another repeat of last season. :silly: Actually, seeing something like that would actually minimize the sting of this season.

2005-2006 Lets review 0-3 last season in the playoffs. (final Five doesn't matter)

2004-2005 2-3 record in the playoffs losing to UND in the Frozen Four (final Five doesn't matter.

2003-2004 3-1 that year not too bad, biggest joke was giving him an award for letting in 4 goals during the WCHA Final Five.

So that is a 5-7 record in the playoffs. Hum, if I was the gopher fans I wouldn't be sizing up any title rings yet.

This year reminds me a lot of 01-01 with Andy Kollar. Andy was supposed to have been almost as good as Karl. When they both played for the FM Ice Sharks, they were almost identical. All the ice sharks really had then were Panzer, Goehring and Kollar. That 01-02 team should have done better but for the terrible goaltending. This year, it seems as if we have terrible goaltending (it should have been our strong point with Phil) and it seems as though the offense is not as good as the 01-02 team. Maybe Hak should go elsewhere in the Juniors and bring in a goaltender like Blais did with Siembeda.

Maybe Hak should go elsewhere in the Juniors and bring in a goaltender like Blais did with Siembeda.

That would hurt us for recruiting for the future if we did that. Look what we got, Sievebieda.

In the offseason would be good, but not half way again. Maybe others will disagree.

I know almost of you know more about hockey than I do,but I hope the school doesn't fire Coach Hakstol. We spent 25 years in football and basketball firing coaches left and right. Coach Schiano has said numerous times that no one could have succeeded here until a lot of athletic,academic, and administration changes were made. Recruiting was a disaster in part because of a merry-go-round of coaches. I know Sioux fans are used to every season being a great one, but I hope North Dakota doesn't fire coaches because they don't finish in the top 5 every season. It reminds me a lot of football schools like Nebraska and Alabama who get rid of coaches because they lose a few games. I still think it must very hard to coach teams where guys are constantly leaving for the NHL after a couple years. Hang in there coaches,players, and fans.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS-BEAT KANSAS STATE!

Right now we aren't that good.

I try to put things in perspective that most of these players can't drink yet. (At least legally).

I couldn't have taken this pressure when I was that age.

Maybe we'll get better this season or maybe we won't. I'm sure the program will survive.

I think it would be funny, their fans have been woofing away and all but giving themselves the national title already. Of course I hate to remind Goofer fans remember the name Briggs, the goalie that is an all-american during the regular season only to fall like a prom dress on prom night during the playoffs. What are goofer fans going to do when they get to the playoffs and Briggs discovers, hey I am the goalie that has sucked in the playoffs for the past 3 1/2 years all you will hear is the sound thud. Thud!!! I would hate to see another repeat of last season. :silly: Actually, seeing something like that would actually minimize the sting of this season.

2005-2006 Lets review 0-3 last season in the playoffs. (final Five doesn't matter)

2004-2005 2-3 record in the playoffs losing to UND in the Frozen Four (final Five doesn't matter.

2003-2004 3-1 that year not too bad, biggest joke was giving him an award for letting in 4 goals during the WCHA Final Five.

So that is a 5-7 record in the playoffs. Hum, if I was the gopher fans I wouldn't be sizing up any title rings yet.

Goon,

I think the Gophers had a goalie named Adam Hauser a few years ago and he also had poor performances in the playoffs!!!! and if I remember right we bounced the Sioux in the 1st round of the WCHA playoffs and then took 2nd in the Final Five!!!! and after that the Gophers went on to win Back to Back NCAA titles with poor Goalies (Weber,Johnson) do you remember that?:silly: also the Holy Cross game is in the back of the minds of the player who played in that game......I see a Gopher team that has some real good bounces go there way so far,but we all know the 2nd half of the season is the real test!!! and I think the Don is not going to let them slip like last year... but I really do not think Gopher fans are putting a banner up at the Mariucci just yet we do remember last year or at least I do?:(??lots of hockey left and I know all to well the 2nd half gets real intresting and what will the Gopher do when they do lose a few games and have to battle a lot harder down the stretch... we will see also the Sioux have a whole half of a season to right things.......good luck

I are you ready to put a fork in them?:(?;)

Your favorite hockey team doesn't suck, they aren't playing very well right now. There is a difference. I don't think those of us who don't want to fire the coaches, Buning, Kupchella and send the goalies, and everyone but Oshie and Toews down the road are unrealistic or blind.

For crying out loud, put it in perspective. Sioux MD took his little girls to the game last week and we got beat by the Badgers but they had their cheerleading outfits on and the Sioux cheerleaders talked to them and they had the time of their lives. More importantly their Daddy is home for Christmas and he is in one piece.

That in a nutshell is why I can't get so upset about getting swept by MT.

We have two of the best forwards in college hockey. Oshie is one of the most creatvie hard working kids I ahve seen in a Sioux uniform since 1970 when I started watching Sioux hockey. He is a bright kid, a great leader and has been playing with a broken thumb. I think he, more than anyone, will pick the team up when he gets healthy. Duncan is is also a very good forward and works his butt off. I am not going to pretend the team is playing well, but I won't abandon the coaches or the kids, many of whom were an important part of the Frozen Four team last year and some from the year before when noone expected us to get there. Many of the others are freshman. We are very young

Some are wishing for Smaby who was not very good as a Freshman, OK as a Soph and pretty darn good as a junior. Give Finley the same time and I bet he will be pretty good by next year. Watch how he moves his feet which I think is pretty good for a big guy. Our forwards have good speed and quickness.

It is reasonable to criticize their play but I don't think it makes any sense to want a new coach or dump the goalies or rest of the team just yet. I think what Bobby Knight lectured to his kids when ESPN filmed his prctice session applies. We have to play smarter. We have plenty of talent, we have to play smarter. That should come with experience.

I also find amusing to think that those who still support the kids and the coaches are thought to be living in a fantasy world. This team is younger than the last two years and we were young then. It took until the last half of the year to come around. We may not make it back to the Frozen Four this year, but don't forget how many times recruits talk about how impressed they are with the Sioux fans and the atmosphere when they talk about why they choose to come here. They won't want to play for fans who abandon the team so quickly. They won't want to play for fair weather fans.

Don't make everything so personal. We can disagree as to how upset you want to get about the teams poor play, but I am amazed at how personal some people get over a website about a college hockey team.

If you are that frustrated get out and ring the bell for the Salvation Army. You will feel better, I guarantee it!