SiouxSports.com Forum

TV for Grand Valley?

bincitysioux

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on there...I see what you are looking at, and it's not listed on that window. But that page is probably made up weeks in advance, and since this game was only confirmed on Saturday afternoon, they probably didn't update the page. Like I said, it's on their webpage. Towards the bottom half under the upcoming events section on December 2nd, 2006.

GVSU Webpage

I see what you are saying but the link at the bottom of the GVSU page is for gametracker, not a live video feed. My question is, if there is no link listed on CSTV, how the heck are you going to be able to link into the game??

I see what you are saying but the link at the bottom of the GVSU page is for gametracker, not a live video feed. My question is, if there is no link listed on CSTV, how the heck are you going to be able to link into the game??

OK, so here's the scoop once and for all. If you don't have satellite or FSSN, you are screwed and will not be able to watch the game live. GVSU is only providing a gametracker service which is not a a live feed, only a running stats thing. So once again those of us out of the viewing area are up a crick. I called CSTV and this is definately the case and is why the game is not listed on the CSTV XXL website. Damn it anyways. I guess the Hammer and the Cogswell Cannon will have to describe it for me!!! GO SIOUX!!!

Cross your fingers people, we're moving the dish one more time- we can't get a signal higher than 33......I'll be really frustrated if this doesn't work. Okay, I already am really frustrated, but this time I have spicy chicken wings cooking.

OK, so here's the scoop once and for all. If you don't have satellite or FSSN, you are screwed and will not be able to watch the game live. GVSU is only providing a gametracker service which is not a a live feed, only a running stats thing. So once again those of us out of the viewing area are up a crick. I called CSTV and this is definately the case and is why the game is not listed on the CSTV XXL website. Damn it anyways. I guess the Hammer and the Cogswell Cannon will have to describe it for me!!! GO SIOUX!!!

Sure looks to me that it will be webcast. Go to webcast

Click on the image to enter.

On the right you will see the football game listed with two links. One of them is to watch the game and it says it is free. Looks like you have to register with them.

TV is a no go here.

:silly:

I tried to install a dish last year and I just didn't have the know how and equipment to get it done. I was going to hire a professional to do it but I will likely be moving soon and couldn't justify paying someone $150-$200 for a couple months of use.

The game is going to be webcast for free though, you just have to register.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the upcoming Bison basketball game is on statewide TV. How is it that WDAY and NDSU always seem to have no problem getting there games on statewide TV and WDAZ is never able to get it done. Is it just a management decision? (management of course is based in Fargo) Does anybody know anything?

I noticed the upcoming Bison basketball game is on statewide TV. How is it that WDAY and NDSU always seem to have no problem getting there games on statewide TV and WDAZ is never able to get it done. Is it just a management decision? (management of course is based in Fargo) Does anybody know anything?

NDSU Basketball it big time stuff......geez.....we are playing Iowa State and have a real shot at knocking them off. I would suspect the issues with football playoffs being televised is that the NCAA does not have thier act together in selling the rights to the game.

It's not going to get any better next year either. The state wide interest in dii sports is at a all time low. Who on your bb or fb schedule do you think would be of interest to anyone but the die hard sioux fan? Look at your attendance this year so far. Next years interest will be worse. The move up can be hard at times.

It's not going to get any better next year either. The state wide interest in dii sports is at a all time low. Who on your bb or fb schedule do you think would be of interest to anyone but the die hard sioux fan? Look at your attendance this year so far. Next years interest will be worse. The move up can be hard at times.

Are you saying FSSN's televised bb game against...ummm....forgot the name of the school...didn't interest people? :D???

It's tough to complain about WDAY televising a game against Iowa State statewide. There's nothing on UND's schedule that could possibly interest a casual N.D. fan in a similar way. It has more to do with market factors than some WDAY/NDSU conspiracy (although I still think it may be wise for UND to team up with someone else for the next contract). Just remember, it was UND's own lack of vision, not WDAY, that put UND in the position to be second-fiddle in the state. The hockey team having a terrible season doesn't help either.

Are you saying FSSN's televised bb game against...ummm....forgot the name of the school...didn't interest people? ???:huh:

It's tough to complain about WDAY televising a game against Iowa State statewide. There's nothing on UND's schedule that could possibly interest a casual N.D. fan in a similar way. It has more to do with market factors than some WDAY/NDSU conspiracy (although I still think it may be wise for UND to team up with someone else for the next contract). Just remember, it was UND's own lack of vision, not WDAY, that put UND in the position to be second-fiddle in the state. The hockey team having a terrible season doesn't help either.

The season isn't over yet. :D

Before everyone gets all excited about the Bison getting a game on, just realize WDAY is not producing the game. They are having their own announcers, but picking up the video from ESPN Regional who is doing the game for ESPN Full Court and the local Iowa St network. Remember this is a big thing in Fargo as very few of their teams(spectstor sports) could even make playoff runs in lowly DII in their last years of competition.

Before everyone gets all excited about the Bison getting a game on, just realize WDAY is not producing the game. They are having their own announcers, but picking up the video from ESPN Regional who is doing the game for ESPN Full Court and the local Iowa St network. Remember this is a big thing in Fargo as very few of their teams(spectstor sports) could even make playoff runs in lowly DII in their last years of competition.

Jealousy doesn't become you teamsioux. :D