SiouxSports.com Forum

TV for Grand Valley?

bincitysioux

Didn't know that facts were jealousy. I just stated that WDAY wasn't spending the resources that some presumed they were. Also stated that when a school doesn't have playoffs for awhile, these type of games become bigger. Simple facts.

It boils down to what people want to watch. If WDAZ had the advertisers lined up they'd put all the sioux games on TV statewide. It's a money thing. Fact is the interest isn't there. The low turnout for the sioux fb playoff games indicates that your last statement isn't necessarily true. It's not whether it's the playoffs but who are you playing.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not going to get any better next year either. The state wide interest in dii sports is at a all time low. Who on your bb or fb schedule do you think would be of interest to anyone but the die hard sioux fan? Look at your attendance this year so far. Next years interest will be worse. The move up can be hard at times.

The statewide interest in some of your DI sports at NDSU must be at an all time low too. Your women's basketball game tonight at the BSA drew a WHOPPING 700 people. Yes that was 700 people. I talked to people that were at your women's game on Sunday and they said your women's team would finish in the bottom half of the NCC. I think you better take care of your own house before you start pointing fingers at others. Your fans sure gave up on Amy pretty quick. She deserves better. Apparently the statewide interest in your sports isn't across the board. It's there only if you win. Better keep winning.

The statewide interest in some of your DI sports at NDSU must be at an all time low too. Your women's basketball game tonight at the BSA drew a WHOPPING 700 people. Yes that was 700 people. I talked to people that were at your women's game on Sunday and they said your women's team would finish in the bottom half of the NCC. I think you better take care of your own house before you start pointing fingers at others. Your fans sure gave up on Amy pretty quick. She deserves better. Apparently the statewide interest in your sports isn't across the board. It's there only if you win. Better keep winning.

Oh really you need to win? :D

It boils down to what people want to watch. If WDAZ had the advertisers lined up they'd put all the sioux games on TV statewide. It's a money thing. Fact is the interest isn't there. The low turnout for the sioux fb playoff games indicates that your last statement isn't necessarily true. It's not whether it's the playoffs but who are you playing.

Wow! I was having a good time reading this thread and then I came across this gem! Made my day. "If WDAZ had the advertisers lined up they'd put all the Sioux games on TV statewide". Your ignorance is showing. WDAZ routinely turns down advertisers on televised events. They simply don't have enough time to sell to everyone. The games are completely full. It has absolutely, positively nothing to do with advertising. It has everything to do with production costs, travel expenses, man-power, etc. You might want to stick to the facts in the future.

Wow! I was having a good time reading this thread and then I came across this gem! Made my day. "If WDAZ had the advertisers lined up they'd put all the Sioux games on TV statewide". Your ignorance is showing. WDAZ routinely turns down advertisers on televised events. They simply don't have enough time to sell to everyone. The games are completely full. It has absolutely, positively nothing to do with advertising. It has everything to do with production costs, travel expenses, man-power, etc. You might want to stick to the facts in the future.

So your saying demand doesn't pay any part in whether a game is televised??

Oh really you need to win? :silly:

The statewide interest in DI sports in Fargo continues to grow at ndsu. The bison women's basketball team hosted Division I San Jose State tonight. There attendance of 700 last week dipped to 674 tonight. I'm not kidding. 674 people is all that were at the game. People are obviously coming in droves to Fargo for their women's team. Of course we know how they count in Fargo. I wonder how many people were really at the game(maybe 100).