SiouxSports.com Forum

TV for Grand Valley?

bincitysioux

Bob Kerr from WDAZ is on KNOX right now saying that they will carry the game. The game will be on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and they will just carry the feed from the Grand Valley announcers. Grand Valley has been expanding their capabilities, similar to what UND has done. The game will start at 11:30.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Kerr from WDAZ is on KNOX right now saying that they will carry the game. The game will be on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network and they will just carry the feed from the Grand Valley announcers. Grand Valley has been expanding their capabilities, similar to what UND has done. The game will start at 11:30.

SWEET :silly:

Smart thing for DAZ to do by just taking the feed. So they only have to pay for one uplink (FSSN)....the uplink from the stadium to the station in GR is already paid for and they don't need to send a crew :ohmy:

SWEET :ohmy:

Smart thing for DAZ to do by just taking the feed. So they only have to pay for one uplink (FSSN)....the uplink from the stadium to the station in GR is already paid for and they don't need to send a crew :huh:

Just remember, no keytching about the GVSU homer announcers if UND dosen't send a crew to do audio. :D:silly:

They already have a football doubleheader on DAZ. The second game is USC vs ??, and there is a lot of interest due to national championship implications.

Correct me if I am wrong...but doesn't the UND/GVSU game have some national championship implications as well?

:silly:

Overall...this scenario is much more palatable than last weekends.

That is so pathetic!!!

So once again I will not be able to see the Sioux football game. They need to either put the games on WDAZ or else make FSSN available to people with DirecTV and Dish Network. More and more people are choosing satellite service over cable these days. Keeping the Sioux on cable only does nothing but limit their exposure.

UND is far from being a big time school so I don't think the FSSN will be appearing on satellite television anytime soon.

There is just not enough content or programming on the FSSN for any satellite company to carry it.

There are still plenty of tv markets that are fighting to get their local television channels on satellite.

That is so pathetic!!!

So once again I will not be able to see the Sioux football game. They need to either put the games on WDAZ or else make FSSN available to people with DirecTV and Dish Network. More and more people are choosing satellite service over cable these days. Keeping the Sioux on cable only does nothing but limit their exposure.

I have no idea how feasible it would be to try to get FSSN on DirecTV/Dish Network. I'd be interested to hear someone with knowledge in that area pontificate about it. And you can always purchase a FTA dish and pick up FSSN that way. It's a relatively cheap, one-time expense.

Regarding the game this Saturday, I feel your pain, but you still have the option to go to a restaurant/bar and catch the game. Call ahead and make sure the game will be on tv. Heck, maybe there will even be a designated gathering place in Fargo and other cities for UND fans to get together and watch it.

I got a response from Sweeney about airing the game on WDAZ. It's not going to happen.

Let me guess... not enough time/ just got notified today/ everyone is too fat to travel from Thanksgiving/ cameras have spiders in the lenses/ gas is too expensive/ NCAA sucks/ Panzer got robbed/ exhibition hockey game has to be on TV or Ralph's cronies will implode the arena? :silly::huh:

PLEASE!! SOMEONE TELL ME WHY!!! :ohmy: