SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, the Miracle quotes!!! I tried starting that the last time I was on a game thread, but it didn't work out so well haha

I have nothing to say about the game right now.... Maybe I'll post after I have some time to cool down in my hot tub (yeah kinda the opposite I know haha)

I still love my Fighting Sioux!!!

Here are my three minus stars:

1. redwing77's brutal whining

2. Bad spellers on this board

3. Brad Schlossman going all the way to Anchorage to give off bad vibes about hot goalies

And, if I could get away with it, I'd also blame the atmosphere at the Ralph.

:)

3. Brad Schlossman going all the way to Anchorage to give off bad vibes about hot goalies

Did I spell poorly? If I did i'm sorry.

Hak:

They played well. We had 13 or 14 that played reasonable well. We're not gonna lay it on Anthony... it's a team issue. There are several we'd like to have back. Can count five people that did not play well. Too many guys with a good shift, then a bad shift. Coming off a week off, there is no excuse for that. Poor faceoffs is not a good place to start. Thought we did some good things shooting from the outside... we need to move the puck two or three times before we find the shooting lanes. When we find the shooting lanes, get them to the net. Think we would have been right there if we got one on the power play at the start of the first. Lawson made good saves in the third. Gotta be quicker on a lot of things. Very sparatic... not good. Poor first pass creates tough night for yourself. Lot of things to talk about and learn from. Tomorrow night is a must perform night. Starts with the guy in the pipes, whoever it is...

I think it's Kessells fault.

Alritey, well I'm outta the hot tub... And it's like 4 AM, and I'm tired and gotta be up for a long day tomorrow... My post-game comments are gunna be really short and probably not very detailed or anything, I kinda stopped paying attention to the game in the 2nd period cuz I was so mad!!! And I didn't get to watch anything on the webcast, so maybe I'll comment when I watch the archived games...

1) What I do know is that our first period started out ok... We weren't exactly outplaying UAA but they kept up with us. I also know that our 2nd periods definitely need some work, not sure how that would be handled though. And WTF happened in the 3rd period that we couldn't score a couple of goals?? And another thing is that we suck on Friday nights in Alaska anyways don't we?? Usually not this bad hopefully....

2) I think tomorrow night, Chay should be put on defense and Fabian should be in the lineup too!! I'd say take out Brian and/or Finley, those 2 didn't seem to have anything going for them tonight. Goalies... I believe Walski was a walk on right?? Whatever, I thought we had better goaltending than what was shown tonight, and I'm quite disappointed. Too bad Grieco was having such an off night, he could've done so much better against Alaska!!

3) Alaska... When did they become such a good team?? I knew they'd gotten better this year, but I thought they played great tonight! I was very impressed!! Lawson had great goaltending, they were good defensively and offensively from what I was hearing. Although I didn't pay much attention, and it's 4 AM.... but that's what I thought. Good for them! I'm glad they got a solid team finally.... Too bad it had to be against us though lol

4)) I honestly felt like I was listening to a high school hockey team in the Sioux tonight. They didn't play at all like I expected them to!! I was quite disappointed, and I hope they go back to that arena tomorrow and show those stupid non-existent "Seawolves" (whatever they are) what the Fighting Sioux are all about!!! I would hope they would want to!! They embarassed themselves out there tonight... This team needs some heart in their game, that's what I haven't seen lately.

OK well that was just me rambling and ranting in the middle of the night. Hopefully I can make some better post-game comments tomorrow or after watching the game(s). Too bad it turned out the way it did. Hopefully I will hear/see some Fighting Sioux hockey tomorrow night! That would be exciting!! And Ohio State beat Michigan too!!! Alritey, well bedtime for me. Talk to all you peoples tomorrow!!!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!! FIRE UP AND BEAT THE SEAWOLVES TOMORROW (or today, whatever lol)!!!

Dear Sioux Fans,

Having posted for a long time over at USCHO and being banned for my horrendous behavior I've seen a thing or two and know a thing or two about fans in a "forum". Let me say first that I've read all 33 pages of this thread. It's nice to compare the "total boob" count from one forum to another and I'm not disappointed to report that Siouxsports.com's forum has its full and complete share.

First ... attendance at UAA hockey games is not what it should be. But unlike Grand Forks ... UAA Hockey ain't the only show in town. And like any program in a competitive environment for the entertainment dollar the place won't fill up until the Seawolves start winning. Yes ... the Anchorage sports fan is pretty much fair weather. There's a core group of 3500+ fans that attend regardless of the teams record (22nd in the NCAA ... that means 37 other teams have lower attendance). Win and more show up. It's that simple. The arena looks empty on TV because HOCKEY FANS don't want to be down at ice level behind the freaking glass. Those are the seats for the knuckle-dragging droolers. There isn't a large student contingent because there isn't a large number of students living in campus dorms. UAA has traditionally been a community school and the demand for campus housing was never significant. There's lots of good stuff happening in the future with more planned dorms and a campus based arena seating around 10K. I know that sort of information takes all the fun out of the "3 fans there" and "2000" commentary. But I'm a party pooper that way.

I also know it hurts for Sioux fans to watch their team lose to a crap team like UAA. It sure was a shame that the Sioux didn't get any power plays (oh wait ... sorry ... the 33 pages of whining about Shepherd brainwashed me for a second). How many goals do you guys want back from Shep? How about 2? Nah ... you'd probably want 3 by the sound of it here. Ok ... 3 it is!! I'm so big that way. Feel better losing 6-5? I sure hope so. I'm always happy when I can be of assistance to those in pain. It's my way ... I'm a giver.

To those of you Sioux fans that recognize that UAA is a team that is capable of skating with and beating your #3 ranked team. I'm cool with you. And you've got my empathy for having to live weekly (many of you for probably longer than I can imagine) with what appears to be a majority of boobs. You guys hang in there. In time these sorts of bandwagon/cheerleading stupid comment-making "boobs wrapped in a rube" will be replaced by a whole new set. So there always that to hope for eh? The sad thing is that you guys and I both know that none of them are reading this. Or maybe just not this far.

I won't be back tomorrow after UAA completes their first confernce sweep of the year.

Sincerely,

Me

(post completed with 1021277 characters under maximum allowable) <---- not including that <--- or that either ...