SiouxSports.com Forum

Court Hearing

sioux7>5

Whenever there's a chance of a camera being around, those same few dozen people will show up. I highly doubt any of them even understands exactly what the NCAA ruling was. As if it really makes any difference to these people whether UND plays at home or on the road in the playoffs? :lol:

I wonder who paid to have them bussed in from MSP and St. Cloud. :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Herald website, there's a headline that says: "BREAKING NEWS NCAA 'support rally' held outside GF courthouse." So far, there's no actual article. I guess the activists got exactly what they were looking for, as usual. :lol: Could this be the first time in recorded history that anybody has held a "rally" supporting something that the NCAA has done? :lol: I guess this just shows how out of touch these people are. If they were truly interested in the bigger picture, they would actually be mad at the NCAA for handing out exemptions left and right. But to be upset with the NCAA would require that the activists actually had a clue about what the NCAA has really done.

HERALD I guess three people standing around with signs is "BREAKING NEWS!" This is sensationalism at its worse. I am sure the NCAA will use it in their future arguments. :lol:

I spoke to someone who works at the courthouse and they said they have not seen more than a couple of people protesting at a time. She goes outside every couple of hours to move her car and stated she never saw more than five or six people.

KNOX news:

Judge Jahnke said he would issue a ruling as soon as possible. There was no information as to what that that means. It sounds as if the hearing is over, but the news report didn't come right out and say that.

There were quotes from Stenehjem and the NCAA's attorney. They didn't say much we haven't heard before. Stenehjem said the harm to UND would be greatest to its athletes who have earned the right to a home playoff game. The NCAA attorney said its policy came from the organization's core principle promoting an atmosphere of dignity and respect in an environment free from racial discrimination.

Based on what Doug Barrett just said on KNOX, Judge Jahnke wants to study the briefs and do some research on his own. Barrett said no decision will be made today.

Attorneys for North Dakota brought up the argument that FSU could play here with its chants and imagery and UND couldn't use its name and logo.

Barrett said he saw two people protesting. There may have been more there earlier. Caller said he only saw two protestors. A caller said there were 10-15 protestors outside the courthouse around 9:30 a.m. Some might have gone inside to watch the proceedings.

I think this is my favorite line: "Hopefully, (the injunction) it isn't granted, and it ends," Sage said.

Why would they possible think that if the injuction isn't granted it would end?

NCAA 'support rally' held outside GF courthouse

What a bunch of total Losers. If they have nothing better to do then to go hold signs outside the courthouse they really need to get a life.

So there has been in indication as to when the ruling will be made? Any news yet on how it went. I am in school right now so I am not able to be at a computer a bunch.

KNOX just had a quote from Judge Jahnke assuring both sides that he wouldn't issue a knee-jerk decision. He's going to go over the briefs and do some independent research on the legal issues. Sounds like everything's done for today.

Just to let you know that I went by the Court house about 1 hour ago on my way to Cabellas and there wasn't a protester any where in sight. Move to an hour and half later. My buddy just called me, now there are five out protesters there. Why? Because there must be a Television Camera out there.

What a bunch of total Losers. If they have nothing better to do then to go hold signs outside the courthouse they really need to get a life.

I think we need to be careful here. If the roles were reversed, I could see a scenario where I would protest in a similar way but I don't think it would mean I'd need to get a life. Sometimes that's all there is to do at a particular time. It hardly means they are losers. At least they are out there supporting their cause. They are doing pretty much what they can at this point in time. I say give them credit. They are out there supporting their position, even if it isn't the same point of view as ours.

Tomorrow is a court holiday so the earliest a ruling can come in would be Monday. Is this correct?

This makes the game on Saturday even more important than it already is. If we beat South Dakota, we will in all likelihood lock up a top 2 seed in the Northwest Region and secure a first-round bye. That means that the home sites for any games we are involved in wouldn't be awarded until November 19th, more than a week away. That should give the court plenty of time to rule on the injunction request. So, I say this with more urgency than ever....GO SIOUX!!!

I can't wait to hear the NC$$ defense regarding FSU's use of a flamboyant mascot and logo.

"Well, uhm, Judge, sir, it seems that there is a Seminole tribe that does not consider FSU's mascot and logo hostile and abusive. Uhm, yes sir, Judge, there are Seminole's who do find FSU's mascot and logo hostile and abusive but, uh, they, uh, their rights, 'er opinions, no, their feelings, don't represent the more vocal group that does not find the FSU name and logo hostile or abusive. And, uh, with all due respect, Judge, sir, the Seminole Indians have nothing to do with Sioux Indians. Uh, they're different kinds of Indians. We are the authority on hostile and abusive Indian imagery. And, uh, furthermore, Judge, sir, you have no authority over us, WE ARE THE NCAA!!!"

I can't wait to hear the NC$$ defense regarding FSU's use of a flamboyant mascot and logo.

"Well, uhm, Judge, sir, it seems that there is a Seminole tribe that does not consider FSU's mascot and logo hostile and abusive. Uhm, yes sir, Judge, there are Seminole's who do find FSU's mascot and logo hostile and abusive but, uh, they, uh, their rights, 'er opinions, no, their feelings, don't represent the more vocal group that does not find the FSU name and logo hostile or abusive. And, uh, with all due respect, Judge, sir, the Seminole Indians have nothing to do with Sioux Indians. Uh, they're different kinds of Indians. We are the authority on hostile and abusive Indian imagery. And, uh, furthermore, Judge, sir, you have no authority over us, WE ARE THE NCAA!!!"

Very well put!