Who should start in net at Mankato?

beth

who should be in net on friday?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. who should be in net on friday?

• Ranfranz
    • Brandt
    • Sembida

With the solid performance in net tonight by Ranfranz, I believe he should be the starter next Friday in Mankato... Marc seems to have what it takes.. He has the ability to create plays, keep the rebounds under control, and he is great under pressure, it sucks that things didint end up in the siuox favor.. WE kept the pressure on but the puck just didnt drop in.. That will change... But Ranfranz needs a second, he has the ability to string a couple good games together and thats something this teams been lacking. But thats just my opinion thanks GO SIOUX!!!! GO RANNY!!!! GOOD GAME

#35 Ranfranz has got my vote! I'd start ranfranz friday and if things dont go well bring in Brant. Ranfranz really is a good goaltender I have had the great pleasure of watching him battle for his chance to contribute over the past few years.. Good luck in Mankato guys. SEE YOU THERE.. go sioux

There isn't a rule against multiple accounts being registered by the same computer or email address, and I hope to keep it that way. It's convenient to allow different family members have their own account, and so forth.

However, I really don't understand the pro-Ranfranz multiple registration/ballot stuffing that's occurring in every poll. The point of these polls is just to take the pulse of the community, what possible benefit is there to trying to obscure or distort that? It's not like the poll has anything to do with whom Blais actually starts.

I'm not going to take any steps to prevent this right now, but please consider what you're hoping to accomplish and whether it's worth making the results of these polls meaningless, as everyone now knows they are.

Ranfranz has the talent to be a very fine goaltender in this league.. I also believe that just because the polls allow users to use one email address to vote has allowed multiple family members or friends to voice there opinion in these polls.. after all that is the goal, to allow fans to vote! " take the pulse of the community" maybe the community wants Ranfranz to start at least this family does. Both myself, my wife, my son ,and my daughter and we vote that way.. So if you dont like it VOTE.. And dont call there opinions meaningless. GO SIOUX

To the administrator there is no excuse to be accusing anyone of any wrong doing, and I find it irresponsible of you to say there is no reason for people to back Ranfranz he has the talent to be a very fine goaltender in this league.

Read it again. That's not what he said.

My family has 6 season UND tickets and I think each and every one of us deserves an opinion and a vote if we want. If all of us were to vote, five would vote for Ranfranz but the 6th would vote for Brandt, so even families have different opinions.

:) I think without a doubt that Ranny has to be given the chance to start. He is the only goalie they have that is over .90+

I have given up on this team this season, their effort last night was awesome, but they are probably going to be at home while the final five is going on.

Unless they can get Davide Hale back and get him playing at the same level he was at before he got sick it is going to be a short post season for UND. Here is why they are not going to sweep MSU-M, they will be lucky to get a point. MSU is unbeaten in 14 games (although they could be prime for the taking too/maybe they have peaked). the Week after UND shouldn't allow UMD to take a point but it will come down to who wants it more and I believe that UND has run out of gas, and will lose one or both games against UMD. From there they will find a way to lose or tie against a very horrible Wisconsin a team that can't even cycle the puck. Of course someone will say that hey its always hard to sweep in Madison but this years team is not much better than UAA...

So say we land in 5th and get SCSU, I don't even want to go there. We should and I hope Blaiser can get their attention and get this very young team to respond. UND should shoot for 3rd place, they will be lucky to get this though. It is still reachable, but fading fast definately UND should want to play MTU, they will beat them if they play them again.

However, this is gut check time, some of the other players need to step up, Ryan Hale needs to score, something has to go right for that guy he is too good to be snake bitten too long. James Massen needs to find the touch again, and score in bunches. Rory McMahn needs to score more. Genoway needs to play better, I expected more from him but I totally disapointed in his effort this season. Lunbohm has played great. Bochenski can't score when he is being tackled, same with Zack...

That is what teams have done to UND, they have tackled, held, obstructed and did everything they can do to Stop UND. Its worked. The refs have not called it because UND is UND and most of the Refs and teams hate us so we will neve get a fair shake. Winning breeds hate and jealousy. The refs are no different they are human. I thought at the beginning of the season that UND was more than a one trick poney but we have hit rock bottom. UND needs to feel good about themselves and find it.

Am I bitter and disapointed. You bet. Notice I didn't slamb the goaltending. What good does it do. We have a decent goaltender not playing because he isn't a scholarship player, who shoes more heart than the two that have played more than him, how many more times do Ranny need to prove he deserves to play and start. There is no way anyone can say he deserves to sit behind Siembieda. Jake should be the 2nd string goaltender. We have two on Scholarship goaltenders that can't stop beach balls. We have goalie whos time is running out, we have an incoming recruit that may never put a jeserey on for UND because he is injury prone... It is un-nerving.

Just an interested hockey fan from Espanola, Ontario, Canada where Josh Siembida played his Junior hockey.

Has anyone thought about the log jam of goaltenders that the Sioux are carrying and what effect that has on the netminders.

Nobody was bitching earlier in the season when everything was going great and maybe its not only the netminders that are at fault.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck to Josh - I'm sure he reads some of these comments and just want to let him know - Screaming Eagles won their fourth game of the season last night. Things don't change much

Who should start in net? That decision is best left to someone on the coaching staff. Last I checked UND lost last night. Am I blaming the loss on Ranfranz? Absolutely not, but the fact remains, it was NOT a victory. UND is 1-4-1 in the last six games and each of the three goaltenders that saw playing time suffered losses during that stretch, however, their problems right now extend far beyond goaltending.

Parise - one point in the last three games. Mugging or not, he has to be on the score sheet for UND to go far in the playoffs.

Massen and Notermann (I know he is somewhat injured) where have you two disappeared to over the last month?

Prpich, a month ago it looked like he could make a push for the WCHA all-rookie team, but no lately?

Greene, he heeded his teammates advice and stayed out of the penalty box for all of two series. As it stands now if he gets 12 more penalties this season he will have the third highest number of penalties for a season in Sioux history. Now, if you are Jim Archibald and lead the league in scoring while taking penalties, that is acceptable, when you are rookie d-man it is NOT. He needs to stop putting UND in shorthanded situations.

Please know, I am not ripping on the individuals named above, just trying to make a point. UND has won as a team all year and has lost as a team all year, good goaltending or not.

In another vein, I agree with the administrator's post. I am sure Ranfranz is a great guy and I believe he has the potential to be a solid goaltender, but, I, for one, don't really care that several female posters think he is adorable. Who cares, what does that have to do with hockey?

I also find it ridiculous that a poster is challenging the administrator of this free service. Having concerns about multiple accounts on the same computer is a concern for administrators of many websites. That poster should be damn glad this isn't POI or he would have likely been booted by now and then the opinions of his entire family wouldn't be heard, at least on this board.

I want my point to be clear, so I'm going to be a little repetitive:

I have no problems with multiple family members having accounts or frequent posters wanting to make a controversial post under a different name, which is why I have not yet taken technical countermeasures to combat this problem. I DO have a problem with a single individual registering 15-20 times in the last 5 days (each time taking steps to conceal that the registrations came from the same individual) for the sole purpose of stuffing ballots.

If the above doesn't describe you, then I'm not talking to you. If the above does describe you but you think I can't tell all those registrations were from one individual, you're wrong.

First off, the administrator has a good point, and if the first post would have been read better, that was the jist of it also. I think you do a good job with this site and I like coming here because most people are here to talk hockey and the Sioux, and not a bunch of crap.

Second, I say start Ranfranz also. I have no doubt that if Jake and Josh had A. More confidence as to who is the go to guy and B. Played better positional goaltending and didn't flop as much, they are good netminders. B is a little harder to correct and takes the willingness to put in the time with someone who knows the position. As far as confidence is concerned, a goalie cannot get confidence if they are always looking over there shoulder waiting for the ball to drop and get benched again. It seems like everytime someone gets the chance, then they are yanked after one poor, or even mediocre game. Did Michigan Tech come right back with Ellsworth on Saturday night after the Sioux clobbered him Friday? Yes they did and he responded. I am not comparing talents between Jake, Josh or Ellsworth, I am just pointing out that Ellsworth has the confidence that it is his job even when he screws up a bit.

Ranfranz has played solid every game he has been in, and please correct me if I am wrong here. Saturday night was not his loss, your team needs to score more than a goal to win a game. With the other two in, it just seems like the Sioux need to put 3-5 up on the board to win, and that is not going to happen every night. I say give Ranfranz the chance until he proves that we need to put up big offensive numbers for the Sioux to win with him in net. Didn't he come in relief Saturday night in Grand Forks against CC and give the Sioux the chance for the tie?

It's not like the poll has anything to do with whom Blais actually starts.

Its not? I was under the impression that Blais checked out this forum to see exactly who to start and thats why Ranny got the start this weekend. :)

Sioux have to step it up, they have to play like a team. I thought after Friday that Spie was gonna become the natural leader and rally the troops, but no troop rallying was done on saturday. We need someone to step it up and while Parise and Bochenski are important, it has to be a senior. It has to be someone who has spent the past 4 years playing for this team and loving every minute of it. It has to be someone that the players know would give 1000 % and do everything just short of playing all 60 minutes to make sure the Sioux play well. Now who will that be?

Just an interested hockey fan from Espanola, Ontario, Canada where Josh Siembida played his Junior hockey.

Has anyone thought about the log jam of goaltenders that the Sioux are carrying and what effect that has on the netminders.

Nobody was bitching earlier in the season when everything was going great and maybe its not only the netminders that are at fault.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck to Josh - I'm sure he reads some of these comments and just want to let him know - Screaming Eagles won their fourth game of the season last night. Things don't change much

Sorry if I offended anyone by just signing up on this site and placing my vote for a goalie. I've always been, and always will be, a Sioux Fan and have always read this site (find it very interesting and informing). Guess I just never voiced my opinion on anything before now and wanted to voice my opinion (for whatever it is worth) on the goalie of my choice. Thank you.

I'd say the chances are not good at this point.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/mhocke...ey/schedule.asp

I don't think the series is on TV down in Mankato. The reason the CC series was put on was because WDAZ/FSSN could buy the feed (what there was of it, oh the bad camera work) from the Colorado Springs station that was showing the game there. If nobody's covering it down there there's no feed to buy and I doubt WDAZ would send a live truck and crew down to Mankato at this point.

The home Duluth series will be on (as are all home series). The Wisconsin series should be on at least Direct TV Channel 642 (Fox Wisconsin).

Maybe we all should spam WDAZ and ask them to get the Wisconsin series on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network! :) psweeney@wdaz.com :(

"Maybe we all should spam WDAZ and ask them to get the Wisconsin series on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network!"

Oh, no, Sic, don't do that! Sweeney has said a bazillion times that WDAZ should not be getting inquiries about anything going out over Fighting Sioux SportsNetwork. Better to ask WDAZ to air the series themselves.

I want to weigh in on the goalie question and back Ranny for another WCHA start. Since I couldn't see the Denver series, I'm totally reliant on Hennessey's commentary but Tim made it sound like Marc did a great job in net, though, obviously Dubie did a little bit better. My heart broke for the boys when that shot deflected off Schneider's glove and into the net with two seconds left in regulation. The night before, didn't another Denver shot glance off Andy's skate and also go in? Is Andy having a run of bad luck or is something wrong with his positioning?

Mankato is turning into a juggernaut and to beat them, everyone has to do his job. We need scoring from the big guns, Parise and Bochenski, we need the defense to stand the Mavs up at the blueline and we need a goalie we can count on to stop the puck. I know that sounds simplistic but maybe the game isn't any more complicated than that. I'm going to the games down in Mankato and I'm looking for the Sioux to rebound from heartache, and show some heart. It's time to pull up your breezers and run the table, boys.