SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Help this Weekend

The Walrus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great - thank you. I can't decide now whether to record on CSTV and FCS or on FSSN. Although, I assume that the feed for FSSN will be the same as FCS.

siouxguy

The FSSN feed that we can get on FTA wont be beamed up :D

Just the local MidCo area (GF and surrounding areas) can see it. They'll get the feed from FSN North and just plug it into the local channel.

so right now the options are CSTV (and its bottom scroller...god I hope they don't have that on there) or FCS Central (or DishNetowrk/DirecTV)

as posted in the other thread (resteraunt thread)

FSN North partners with local cable affiliates to broadcast North Dakota-Wisconsin men's hockey series

now the question is for those who have cable, is the channel on the list your local FSN or the FSSN?

I know Midco is using the same FSSN channel. Reason I ask is if those other channels listed are the channels that you NORMALLY see the Sioux games, then maybe it will be FTA

as posted in the other thread (resteraunt thread)

FSN North partners with local cable affiliates to broadcast North Dakota-Wisconsin men's hockey series

now the question is for those who have cable, is the channel on the list your local FSN or the FSSN?

I know Midco is using the same FSSN channel. Reason I ask is if those other channels listed are the channels that you NORMALLY see the Sioux games, then maybe it will be FTA

Thanks Iceberg. I just saw the there were two threads and was about to add post to this thread.

siouxguy

The FSSN feed that we can get on FTA wont be beamed up :D

Just the local MidCo area (GF and surrounding areas) can see it. They'll get the feed from FSN North and just plug it into the local channel.

so right now the options are CSTV (and its bottom scroller...god I hope they don't have that on there) or FCS Central (or DishNetowrk/DirecTV)

thanks for the clarification, ice.

siouxguy

Now I'm thinking they MIGHT show it on FSSN (the beamed up via satellite verison that the FTA'ers can get)....the link posted above (and in the other thread) lists the channels for the cable systems that are carrying it. I checked Polar Communications and the channel matches the FSSN (heck, they list it in the channel guide as FSSN)

So maybe, just maybe the FSSN will have the game for the FTA'ers

siouxguy

Now I'm thinking they MIGHT show it on FSSN (the beamed up via satellite verison that the FTA'ers can get)....the link posted above (and in the other thread) lists the channels for the cable systems that are carrying it. I checked Polar Communications and the channel matches the FSSN (heck, they list it in the channel guide as FSSN)

So maybe, just maybe the FSSN will have the game for the FTA'ers

This will be the first time that FSSN through Polar Cablevision will pick up a non-home game! All I can say is it is about time.

Well that just royally sucks :D. The disadvantage of living in Minot. And I even remember that I use to able to watch the Wisconsin away series through FSSN via FSN North Feed. Looks like it's the radio for me.

the disadvantage, you mean besides never getting any UND sports updates even on nights when MSU isn't playing. Just joking. It is usually radio for me when i am there because we don't get cable just dish. I can't convinced the parents that an extra package is needed for sioux sports.

If I order the HDTV Box from Comcast for $5/mo will I be able to view the FS college channels, one of which is carrying tomorrows game. I dont have an HDTV.

You will get the digital channels. You won't need a HDTV, the games will not be broadcast in HD.

Reading this list, it looks like the "Grand Forks" television market (best described by folks who can receive WDAZ-TV over the air) with the exception of Cable One in "Fargo, SD". :D

If they're going over Cable One in Fargo, clearly there's no "TV market overlap" issues. Why not just put it on all of the normal Fighting Sioux Sports Network outlets?

Why do I say that? Midco will not have me as a viewer at all on Fri/Sat unless UND/UW is on. (I sure ain't watchin' Goldie when I can listen to The Sioux.)