SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Wins at Omaha this Weekend

THE UND

I Wouldn't usually post something a prediction like this but I am tired of that topic at the top of the post thread everytime someone responds to ZERO-eight! The Game is played by athletes on the field the performance is there for everyone to critique.

Unlike some witless people who make stupid statements then run and hide.

GO SIOUX!

I'll say it again: We're due.

I Agree! I think uno's lack of discipline will cost them in a close game. A couple of untimely Unsportsmanlike penalties will swing the momentum UND's way in a squeaker and Hellevang will be the difference!

Regional Rankings

October 9, 2006

Northeast Northwest Southeast Southwest

1. Shepherd (5-0) 1. North Dakota (6-0) 1. Newberry (6-0) 1. Northwest Missouri (6-0)

2. Bloomsburg (5-1) 2. Nebraska-Omaha (4-1) 2. NC Central (6-0) 2. Missouri Western (5-1)

3. C.W. Post (5-1) 3. Grand Valley (6-0) 3. Wingate (5-1) 3. Chadron State (6-0)

4. Bryant (4-2) 4. Winona State (5-1) 4. North Alabama (5-0) 4. West Texas A&M (6-0)

5. Merrimack (3-3) 5. Northwood (6-0) 5. Valdosta State (5-0) 5. Abilene Christian (5-0)

6. S.Connecticut (3-3) 6. South Dakota (5-1) 6. Henderson State (5-1) 6. Midwestern State (5-1)

7. IUP (4-1) 7. Augustana (4-2) 7. Albany State (4-2) 7. Pittsburg State (5-1)

8. E. Stroudsburg (4-2) 8. Minnesota-Duluth (4-2) 8. Carson-Newman (5-1) 8. Fort Lewis (5-2)

9. Millersville (3-3) 9. Ferris State (4-2) 9. Johnson C. Smith (5-1) 9. W. New Mexico (4-2)

10. Shippensburg (3-3) 10. Saginaw Valley (4-2) 10. Mars Hill (4-2) 10. Nebraska-Kearney (3-2)

11. California (4-2) 11. Tiffin (7-0) 11. Elizabeth City (5-1) 11. Central Oklahoma (4-2)

12. Glenville State (3-3) 12. Humboldt State (4-1) 12. Delta State (5-1) 12. Washburn (4-2)

Regional Rankings

October 9, 2006

Northeast Northwest Southeast Southwest

1. Shepherd (5-0) 1. North Dakota (6-0) 1. Newberry (6-0) 1. Northwest Missouri (6-0)

2. Bloomsburg (5-1) 2. Nebraska-Omaha (4-1) 2. NC Central (6-0) 2. Missouri Western (5-1)

3. C.W. Post (5-1) 3. Grand Valley (6-0) 3. Wingate (5-1) 3. Chadron State (6-0)

4. Bryant (4-2) 4. Winona State (5-1) 4. North Alabama (5-0) 4. West Texas A&M (6-0)

5. Merrimack (3-3) 5. Northwood (6-0) 5. Valdosta State (5-0) 5. Abilene Christian (5-0)

6. S.Connecticut (3-3) 6. South Dakota (5-1) 6. Henderson State (5-1) 6. Midwestern State (5-1)

7. IUP (4-1) 7. Augustana (4-2) 7. Albany State (4-2) 7. Pittsburg State (5-1)

8. E. Stroudsburg (4-2) 8. Minnesota-Duluth (4-2) 8. Carson-Newman (5-1) 8. Fort Lewis (5-2)

9. Millersville (3-3) 9. Ferris State (4-2) 9. Johnson C. Smith (5-1) 9. W. New Mexico (4-2)

10. Shippensburg (3-3) 10. Saginaw Valley (4-2) 10. Mars Hill (4-2) 10. Nebraska-Kearney (3-2)

11. California (4-2) 11. Tiffin (7-0) 11. Elizabeth City (5-1) 11. Central Oklahoma (4-2)

12. Glenville State (3-3) 12. Humboldt State (4-1) 12. Delta State (5-1) 12. Washburn (4-2)

And your point is..............? UND is ahead of UNO and Winona in the polls.

It's kind of interesting that on the d2football.com board, nobody besides UND fans is picking the Sioux to win. I like it. There's nothing like proving all the naysayers wrong. The defense and special teams are playing better now than early in the season. With Manke now back, if we can get the offense back to its Northern Iowa form, UND has a good chance. UNO has played well since their loss to NWMSU, but they have their flaws, too. They don't throw the ball as well as in the past, and their pass defense is suspect. I don't believe their special teams are very special, either.

It's kind of interesting that on the d2football.com board, nobody besides UND fans is picking the Sioux to win. I like it. There's nothing like proving all the naysayers wrong. The defense and special teams are playing better now than early in the season. With Manke now back, if we can get the offense back to its Northern Iowa form, UND has a good chance. UNO has played well since their loss to NWMSU, but they have their flaws, too. They don't throw the ball as well as in the past, and their pass defense is suspect. I don't believe their special teams are very special, either.

If we don't turn over the ball, and if special teams are average (no blocked punts!), I think UND's defense wins it.

14-3 Sioux.

We have had some close ones at UNO and last year was certainly a disapointment at home...

I think that we remember all are past mistakes and misques Coaches and Players alike...

This one won't be close the Sioux score in all phases Defense, Special Teams, and Offense...

I like UND to win by at least 17-21 points...

Plus the fact , I'm not going this year , so I won't jinx them..GO SIOUX!

I think the Sioux will win if only for one reason, they are still pissed off from last year. This is their revenge game. If they can win it, their confidence will be what it was like before the UNO game last year and I think they'll roll through the rest of the regular season.

I think the Sioux will win if only for one reason, they are still pissed off from last year. This is their revenge game. If they can win it, their confidence will be what it was like before the UNO game last year and I think they'll roll through the rest of the regular season.

I like it...Nobody plays Smashmouth, Old School, Defensive Football like the Fighting Sioux. Last man stan ding wins. I really do look for Omaha to lose their collective composure after the Defensive front 7 and the O-Line bloodies the Mavs nose. Go Dogs and Hogs!

I like it...Nobody plays Smashmouth, Old School, Defensive Football like the Fighting Sioux. Last man stan ding wins. I really do look for Omaha to lose their collective composure after the Defensive front 7 and the O-Line bloodies the Mavs nose. Go Dogs and Hogs!

Who is this Mr. Ding, and how's he going to pull this one out? ;):silly:

As I see it, with Manke playing this is arguably the most complete Sioux offense in a long, long time. You have playmakers at the three key skill positions with Manke, Chappell and Dressler. The line is very solid. The UNO defense, like always, is good against the run, but they're giving up 20 ppg, and gave up 31 and 28, respectively, against NWMSU and Augie, neither of which have as strong of offenses as UND (at full strength). So if UND can score in the upper 20's, can the defense hold the one-dimensional (albeit one strong dimension) Maverick offense to less than that? I think so. Just as few outside of the team and some UND fans felt the Sioux had any chance at Northern Iowa, I see this as a similar statement opportunity. Nobody outside of UND fans is giving the Sioux much of a chance on Saturday, but I really feel we're going to see the "real" UND offense on Saturday, and that UNO won't be able to consistently run the ball up and down the field against Wolff, Brennan, et al. I see the Sioux winning 28-24, and Manke comes through in the clutch again.

My opinion is that if Manke plays, and is healthy, this is a very special UND team. With Belmore at the helm, we are the same as we have been for several years, solid defense, efficient offense that trys not to lose the game offensively. UNO has been a thorn in UND's side for many years, but like PCM says, we're due. Manke getting the start gives UND a dimension that they haven't had the past few weeks. I think Belmore is talented and has done alot of good things for UND football in the past, but the other players on the team seem to respond better to Manke, he is more of a leader. Dare I say, kind of along the same lines as Kelby Klosterman. I know that UNO has a system that has been successful, but they lost alot of key offensive players from last year. I like our linebackers chances against their running game, which has been dominating. But they too have solid linebackers, and I think that UND's running game will be kept in check in this game. All the more reason for Manke to get the start and play well. And I think he will.

UND 21

UNO 17

I saw that the match between UND vs. UNO will be webcasted live on CSTV.com. I was just wondering with those who've had experience watching live webcasts through CSTV.com if there is any connection limits to it? Cause I wanna know if I should connect to the webcast early or not. Thanks in advance to any one who knows.

Go Sioux.

I am on my way home and will not be able to follow the game thread or webcast for this weekends matchup. Good luck to the Sioux this weekend!

UND 31

UNO 28

GO SIOUX!!!

Travel safe and, again, thank you for your service! Hopefully, you will have a Sioux win over UNO as a nice present when you get home.

I watched Winona vs Csp a couple weeks ago...Nice Stream and Picture....Usually pick up the local Radio Announcers with the Stream and they Mix together..

As far as recording it , I am sure it's possible, It can go Full screen, and I transfer it to my TV, so it should be possible, if your computer has Burning CD capabilities..

I can understand why Wayne Nelson predicted a UNO win today, but what's the deal with him giving them the advantage over UND on defense? The numbers suggest otherwise, and UNO is known to be suspect against the pass (which Wayne even admits). That seems like curious logic to give them the advantage simply because they give up roughly 10 fewer rushing yards per game, and they're playing at home.