SiouxSports.com Forum

The SIOUX this year

Prpichrocks_19

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I get it now. You mean "bold" like a goophie fan coming on a Sioux fan website sabotaging countless numbers of threads with the crap that they spew and then looking for sympathy when people jump their $hit. Is that the kind of "bold" you mean ? :blush::lol::huh: (please note all of the smiley's)

You say sabotaging, I say making a harmless joke. Again, lighten up.

My German Shepherd is doing just fine this year. Go GSD! (German Shepherd Dog) :lol:

ps. I apologize if any of you other dog owners with lesser breeds are offended.

pps. Have a nice day.

I grew up with a German Shepherd. His name was Pepper. We rode together in the back of my grand-dads station wagon. He drooled on me a lot. He hated the neighbor kids. He died when I was in fifth-grade. :blush: I was very sad.

The moral of the story: German Shepherds kick a$$. :huh:

I grew up with a German Shepherd. His name was Pepper. We rode together in the back of my grand-dads station wagon. He drooled on me a lot. He hated the neighbor kids. He died when I was in fifth-grade. :blush: I was very sad.

The moral of the story: German Shepherds kick a$$. :huh:

you should see what he can do to a gofer....

My grandma and grandpa had a german shepard named Sultan, yeah he could pretty much tear a gopher to shreds. I've got a two year old female rotweiler, she's a big baby and hasn't aquired my snarl yet.

I cared for my son's white German Shepard for a year before he took him back. Next to my mutt, he's the best dog ever!! Smart, well trained, and other than a short term problem with skin allergies (reason he lived with me before his boy moved to a non allergenic home) BEAUTIFUL. My mutt, part Lab/German Shepard/Great Pyreness is the absolute BEST!!! He's never killed a gopher but he's killed many a bird he's snuck up on. Ugh!!

I really like this team. Last year Hak brought in 13 freshmen. Has any team in the history of college hockey every had 13 freshmen. Putting it that way its amazing that we went to the frozen four.

That gets me to my point that this year we have Experience. Last year that was the only thing we didn't have and it hurt the first half of the season and in the end thats what killed us vs. B.C. Yeah there were a few key guys back, but remember almost all but 1 D lacked experience. 13 freshmen with a 2nd year coach. wow what they did was unreal. Last years team had everything else. Great leadership, character, grit, and skill, Great goaltending and Great special teams.. That may have been one of the most skilled teams in Sioux history and it showed threw the stretch run, final 5 , regions. 10 years from now you may look back and say they had Zajac, Stafford, Oshie, Toews, Smaby, ect all on one team how didnt they win it all.

This year, like Hak said they have guys that have won the MacNaughton cup, Final 5 and have been to 2 frozen fours. They have great leadership, highly skilled guys. This is A lot like last years team, but this year there is a lot more experience. We don't need to rely on freshmen, unlike last year when there was 10 freshmen in the line up every night. This year the head guy has more experience, 6 D with a lot of experience. And all them high powered forwards like TJ, Toews, Duncan, Watkins, Kozek, Porter, Kaip, Fabian have a lot of experience. I like this team and I think it will bring home a lot of hardware and Accolades. I mean a lot.

As far as freshmen they don't need them to contribute as much as last year. The reason I like this class is there is a potential they will all be here 4 years from now. Watching this class I see a future Curtis murphy, Chris Porter, Rory MaMahon, Kevin spiewak, Colby Genoway and a great Goaltender(He doesn't remind me of anyone because I have never seen a six foot tall Sioux Goalie). There is no Oshie, Parise or Toews, but guys who will contribute a little more each year and will explode as juniors and seniors. This won't make sense now, but maybe at the end of the year it will. I think this class will have some surprises, but the benefit will be when they are juniors and seniors like 2005. This is getting long, I must stop myself from making dumb posts on this board.

by the way I have a pitbull named Prp

Watching this class I see a future Curtis murphy, Chris Porter, Rory MaMahon, Kevin spiewak, Colby Genoway and a great Goaltender(He doesn't remind me of anyone because I have never seen a six foot tall Sioux Goalie).

Murphy - Genoway - small, skilled D

Porter - Vandevelde - big winger

McMahon - Zajac - feisty prairie kid

Spiewak - Bishop - speed

Genoway - Forney - big lanky skilled kid

Just my guesses.

#1Hakfan-

I like what you said but you forgot one key component that makes this returning class just as potent as the on-ice talent:

Coaching. Hakstol hasn't delivered a National Championship yet, but he's done darn near everything else (I don't count Coach of the Year stuff because really, that's more of a popularity contest). Hak, Eades, and Berry were a great trio the past few seasons and I'm excited to have Jackson as an assistant. We now have a Defenseman as a head coach, a grinder/scorer as an associate head coach, and a scoring winger as an assistant. WOW. I'm excited to see what Jackson brings to this team.

OH! I forgot another thing: I like the leadership on this team player-wise. Smaby was a great captain (yeah, people will debate me on that), but I think whomever it is that is named this year will rise to be just as good. I mean, the leading candidate among SS.com fans seems to falter between Porter and Fabian. I mean, do we lose out if either one of them wear the C? What about the Assistant Captains? There's Bina, Porter, Fabian (assuming one or the other isn't the Captain), Toews (rare that a Sophomore has the type of leadership abilities to be mentioned as a possible Assistant)... WOW, we've got leadership!