SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I don't understand the underachieving part?? 10-1, but they are not blowing everyone away?? The Men won a huge victory against a very poor team..is that a better result?? I have been to most of the games and I am not at practice, but I guess I don't see a lack of effort? I am confused as to that..they have had some set backs with injury and illness, but I haven't seen any blatant lack of effort. The Men are definately headed in the right direction and they are mu8ch better than last year, but concerns or not, if the coaching staff has such grave concerns with the women's team, perhaps they should address them internally and not publicly.

again lack of respect!!

other than USD, I don't believe you'll see any of them go DI. The Northern Sun will become a great league, especially for bball. It may be better than the NCC now but with St. Cloud, Mankato, Augie and Duluth all going back. Wow. Fun games for sure. :D

It will be a good basketball league for both men and women, although unlike the current NCC there will also be some very weak programs, as well. I guess that's inevitable with potentially a 14-team conference. Football will continue to be a problem, however, so long as they persist with their ridiculous cap of 24 scholarships. If I'm Randy Hedberg or Bubba Schweigert, I think I'd be looking for another job. Once you've made the playoffs and have built your scholarships to a point where you're approaching 36, cutting them back down would be a tough pill to swallow.

Kelling sat in for Roebuck on the coach's show tonight. She said the staff is very concerned with the work ethic being put forth by several players both during games and in practice. She was especially critical of Ashley Langen's lack of effort so far this season.

Why is it so bad for a coach to tell the truth in the public? Knowing the coaches, I am sure they have talked to the players about this in the locker room before.

To juggernauthoop, it is not disrespectful to the player or family for the coach to tell the truth or what they believe. I am glad to see there are still some coaches out there who are willing to tell the truth and not walk on egg shells when talking about their program.

Then you follow up with an attempt to knock the assistant coach because they told everyone how the staff feels or how she feels. What are they suppose to do cuddle the players? This isn't high school anymore. Hopefully Ashley will step up her effort.

The true competitors shine through the adversity, so we will see what happens.

Since this orriginaly went on, Ashley has step up her game as well has many of the other player.

Coach's know how to motivate players, some are motivated in different ways, this is probably what was needed at the time.

Thanks for the update Iowasioux!

I just get worked up when I hear people trying to knock a coach for telling the truth and think they should cuddle the player/family.

Just a reminder that Saturday's game at Concoria will be web cast live through their athletic site.

May be a bit of andvantage they play their next 2 ganes early next week in Hawaii, I'm guessing that their girls are looking forward to the trip, and may not be totally focused on UND.

Why is it so bad for a coach to tell the truth in the public? Knowing the coaches, I am sure they have talked to the players about this in the locker room before.

To juggernauthoop, it is not disrespectful to the player or family for the coach to tell the truth or what they believe. I am glad to see there are still some coaches out there who are willing to tell the truth and not walk on egg shells when talking about their program.

Then you follow up with an attempt to knock the assistant coach because they told everyone how the staff feels or how she feels. What are they suppose to do cuddle the players? This isn't high school anymore. Hopefully Ashley will step up her effort.

The true competitors shine through the adversity, so we will see what happens.

has roebuck ever done this in his tenure at UND. I think not and the key to this sentence is ROEBUCK. the HEAD COACH, reserves the right to do this. What if it was you and we did not know all the factors in your life-death, illness, injury etc... why don't we just go to the press\media and talk about your performance at work, and i assume you are an adult so you would not be too happy about it. i did not say they should baby the players, i beleive in tough love, tough love happends at HOME, not in the street.

It will be a good basketball league for both men and women, although unlike the current NCC there will also be some very weak programs, as well. I guess that's inevitable with potentially a 14-team conference. Football will continue to be a problem, however, so long as they persist with their ridiculous cap of 24 scholarships. If I'm Randy Hedberg or Bubba Schweigert, I think I'd be looking for another job. Once you've made the playoffs and have built your scholarships to a point where you're approaching 36, cutting them back down would be a tough pill to swallow.

I also don't think you'll see a 14 team league. Crookston will most likely leave for DIII or NAIA. Although the possibility of Jamestown or Minot looking to move up is likely if the fit is right. I know both have been looking.

That faded out scoreboard that they have on there is really annoying. You can't read what the score says so what is the point of even having it up. On top of that the announcers aren't saying the score very often.

69-53 UND

7:45 left in 2nd.

Did you see the half-time show?

They tried to show "a highlight" but ended up showing a simple play ending in a foul..."Well, that really didn't show much. But we do have the ability to show replays". Then they played the new Budweiser song by Jay-Z.

I went and got another beer.

:)

80-64 FINAL

I didn't get to watch or listen to any of the first half. What I did see of the second half the ladies played well but not great.

I can't wait until the day that FightingSioux.com starts web-casting most of the games. I just hope it's a better quality than this one was.

From the boxscore, it looks like UND shot very well from behind the 3-point line and from the free throw line, but terribly from inside the line. The Sioux also dominated the boards, which is encouraging. Concordia has a poor record, but has played St. Cloud State tough twice already, and hadn't lost at home by more than six points prior to today.

From the boxscore, it looks like UND shot very well from behind the 3-point line and from the free throw line, but terribly from inside the line. The Sioux also dominated the boards, which is encouraging. Concordia has a poor record, but has played St. Cloud State tough twice already, and hadn't lost at home by more than six points prior to today.

it was a nice win to see. it looked as if they team has come together and are ready to sweep the NCC one last time.

We will have a chance next year also to take on the NCC, so this won't be tha last go round. Hopefully we can finish the league on Top at the very end. But first let's take care of this year. Girls played well at St Paul, but we need to be more consistant inside, we missed way too may easy ones. Could be a good game Wednesday at Bemidji they are improved over the past, and then before the NCC starts one the trip to Seattle one of those teams is ranked so they must be good.

We will have a chance next year also to take on the NCC, so this won't be tha last go round. Hopefully we can finish the league on Top at the very end. But first let's take care of this year. Girls played well at St Paul, but we need to be more consistant inside, we missed way too may easy ones. Could be a good game Wednesday at Bemidji they are improved over the past, and then before the NCC starts one the trip to Seattle one of those teams is ranked so they must be good.

Bemidji is improved, but it's definitely a game the Sioux should win. Moorhead won there, and somehow, BSU managed to only beat Mayville State by five points last week in Bemidji. :silly: