17 Ohio State

18 Dartmouth

19 Northern Michigan

20 Clarkson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thought is how are the goofs ranked higher then the Sioux when they got beat by Holy Cross in the west regionals and the Sioux made it to the Frozen Four. That is just plain wrong. Can someone even attempt to explain that one.

Are you serious? I can hear arguments for UND being ahead of UM, but those arguments probably shouldn't include Holy Cross references, since the two teams are completely different now as opposed to last March.

Are you serious? I can hear arguments for UND being ahead of UM, but those arguments probably shouldn't include Holy Cross references, since the two teams are completely different now as opposed to last March.

The goofs have fizzled out each of the last 2 years in similar fashion. I think it is totally relevant as Donnine the Knob is still at the reigns in Goofer land.

My thought is how are the goofs ranked higher then the Sioux when they got beat by Holy Cross in the west regionals and the Sioux made it to the Frozen Four. That is just plain wrong. Can someone even attempt to explain that one.

Can you even attempt to explain how much alcohol you must have drank to make that post?

Last year should have little to no bearing on this seasons rankings. I hate it when they vote last years champions first the next year when everyone knows they arent as good. Let alone base an upset in the playoffs for the next seasons rankings. Everyone knows Minnesota has the best team on paper right now and i'm not afraid to say that.

I think it is totally relevant as Donnine the Knob is still at the reigns in Goofer land.

I should probably just leave this one alone.

Last year should have little to no bearing on this seasons rankings. I hate it when they vote last years champions first the next year when everyone knows they arent as good. Let alone base an upset in the playoffs for the next seasons rankings. Everyone knows Minnesota has the best team on paper right now and i'm not afraid to say that.

I'm not bothered by UW being pre-season #1. Until someone knocks them off their block I think out of respect it's pretty cool that they get the #1. As for the Gophers? Until we know how much scoring depth they have and how consistent Briggs/Frazee are I'm not ready to accept they should be #1 on paper.

btw - is it really that time of year already? NCAA hockey on the horizon, the Twins in the playoffs, the Vikings actually not sucking, lots of potential for the Wild - this is getting good. :silly:

The Gophers finished 11 points ahead of the Sioux last year and have the #1 recruiting class in the nation this year. I don't know who'll be better between the two teams but ranking the Gophers ahead of the Sioux for now makes sense.

...I'm not bothered by UW being pre-season #1. Until someone knocks them off their block I think out of respect it's pretty cool that they get the #1. ...

I am. It shows the intrinsic worthlessness of preseason polls. I understand they're fun and shouldn't be held to the fire, but aren't the people making these prognostications supposedly using knowledge to compile these? Wisco definitely doesn't 'deserve' it till they're knocked off.

Wisconsin #1? I wholeheartedly do not agree they should be #1. Who losses 55% of their teams offense and can be considered #1 the next season, regardless of who you bring in.

Wisco should be in the top five for their coaching and recruiting this year, but anyone of the top five are better on paper and on the cusp.

Well, let's see how accurate last years 1st poll was:

10/03/2005:

1 Denver (17) 32-9-2 662 1 - did not make the NCAA tourney

2 Minnesota (13) 28-15-1 653 7 - lost in 1st round to Holy Cross :silly:

3 Boston College ( 2) 26-7-7 583 2 - lost in championship to Wisconsin

4 Cornell 27-5-3 580 4 - lost in regional final to Wisconsin

5 Ohio State ( 2) 27-11-4 566 9 - did not make tourney

6 Colorado College 31-9-3 523 3 - lost in 1st round to Cornell

7 North Dakota ( 1) 25-15-5 502 10 - lost in semifinal to BC

8 Michigan 31-8-3 481 5 - lost in 1st round to North Dakota

9 New Hampshire 26-11-5 459 6 - lost in 1st round to Michigan State

10 Wisconsin ( 1) 23-14-4 391 13 - Won National Championship

11 Maine 20-13-7 309 12 - lost in semifinal to Wisconsin

12 Northern Michigan 22-11-7 270 - did not make tourney

13 Boston University 23-14-4 260 11 - lost in regional final to BC

14 Dartmouth 20-13-2 242 15 - did not make tourney

15 Harvard 21-10-3 222 8 - lost in 1st round to Maine

16 Mass.-Lowell 20-12-4 208 - did not make tourney

17 Michigan State 20-17-4 204 - lost in regional final to Maine

18 Colgate 25-11-3 78 14 - did not make tourvey

19 Vermont 21-14-4 51 - did not make tourney

Can you even attempt to explain how much alcohol you must have drank to make that post?

I was only trying to ask for a explanation, but damn.

The Gophers finished 11 points ahead of the Sioux last year and have the #1 recruiting class in the nation this year. I don't know who'll be better between the two teams but ranking the Gophers ahead of the Sioux for now makes sense.

I actually agree with this logic. I agree with buckysieve. Please shoot me... :silly:

Well, let's see how accurate last years 1st poll was:

10/03/2005:

1 Denver (17) 32-9-2 662 1 - did not make the NCAA tourney

2 Minnesota (13) 28-15-1 653 7 - lost in 1st round to Holy Cross :silly:

3 Boston College ( 2) 26-7-7 583 2 - lost in championship to Wisconsin

4 Cornell 27-5-3 580 4 - lost in regional final to Wisconsin

5 Ohio State ( 2) 27-11-4 566 9 - did not make tourney

6 Colorado College 31-9-3 523 3 - lost in 1st round to Cornell

7 North Dakota ( 1) 25-15-5 502 10 - lost in semifinal to BC

8 Michigan 31-8-3 481 5 - lost in 1st round to North Dakota

9 New Hampshire 26-11-5 459 6 - lost in 1st round to Michigan State

10 Wisconsin ( 1) 23-14-4 391 13 - Won National Championship

11 Maine 20-13-7 309 12 - lost in semifinal to Wisconsin

12 Northern Michigan 22-11-7 270 - did not make tourney

13 Boston University 23-14-4 260 11 - lost in regional final to BC

14 Dartmouth 20-13-2 242 15 - did not make tourney

15 Harvard 21-10-3 222 8 - lost in 1st round to Maine

16 Mass.-Lowell 20-12-4 208 - did not make tourney

17 Michigan State 20-17-4 204 - lost in regional final to Maine

18 Colgate 25-11-3 78 14 - did not make tourvey

19 Vermont 21-14-4 51 - did not make tourney

Polls, schmolls, the bottom line is know one can predict what is going to happen until the puck drops. Even then, there are too many intangibles, an injury to a key player, a player having an off year (for whatever reason), or just not playing to the level of preseason expectations, ect. Not really worth arguing about until the dust settles and we have nothing else to talk about next spring.