SiouxSports.com Forum

Reed Manke

sucka

Given this box score, and the fact that Omaha only passed 8 times against WWU, and amassed 400+ rushing yards, and 38 points, I'm not worried about the QB position this week.

I'm worried that the offensive line and at least two backs show up serious (unlike that fiasco in the third v. Winona).

PS - Dear Defense: Fresh meat served in the arena at The Al, Saturday at 1:00 pm. Please attend.

Based upon how pathetic the team looked with Bellmore as QB last week Manke's injury scares me. The team doesn't look the same with Belmore and we need Manke healthy.

I guess we'll see this weekend if Belmore can begin to make better decisions and get over the downer end of year he had last year.

Based upon how pathetic the team looked with Bellmore as QB last week Manke's injury scares me. The team doesn't look the same with Belmore and we need Manke healthy.

I guess we'll see this weekend if Belmore can begin to make better decisions and get over the downer end of year he had last year.

Belmore has proven that he can be effective, but has also proven to do other wise in big games (i.e. UNO, USD, even the UMD playoff game last year). I expect he'll do fine against Western Washington. I was never big on Belmore, but at the beginning of last season I preferred him to Manke. Having said that, I preferred Manke at the end of last year and still do today, obviously, he's been outstanding. But I doubt that any NCC team can boast about having a back-up the caliber of Belmore. He's had 20-some odd starts in his career and is in the Top 10 all time for UND Completion %, completions, attempts, yards, & TD passes. He has experience. Having said that, I hope that Freund gets a series here and there. And if Belmore does struggle, the coaches need to have a short leash on him and give Freund the chance to show what he can do. He is the guy that will probably be leading this team in '07 & '08.

I for one am nervous about a road game @ Auggie with Belmore at the helm. I would like to see Freund, but I trust Dale.

If Belmore gives another one of his poor performances I can't imagine that Freund would not start getting the nod as the #2. I agree that we have reason for concern this weekend. I hope Manke gets healthy soon!

heard from very reliable source he will be starting on saturday.

If true, I have mixed feelings about this. I would certainly not be disappointed if Belmore wasn't playing, but neither do I want Manke to come back too soon and risk further injury. I'd kind of like to see what Freund can do if given a chance.

All 3 worked with 1st team today in practice...

Manke looked great, relaxed, no signs of any injury...

Belmore looks good at times, seems uncomfortable at others..

Freund needs more experenice, some wrong formation calls, and miss reads, looks good..

I would not be surprised to see maybe all 3 play, we can not afford to get Manke hurt, If he starts I hope they scale back, Qb Options, Draws, Bootlegs ect.. for him..?

Tonight on the Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show, Dale Lennon said that Reed Manke practiced today, but it wasn't a good practice. He said Reed was available if needed, but didn't sound hopeful that he'd play.