SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting Rankings

Sioux-per Villain

I rarely even bother with that site with the exception of these rankings so I could be wrong but I just have a hard time believing they have something against UND.

That statement has about as much validity as me saying that I don't think Patrick Reuesse has anything against the Gophers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think with all the top notch recruiting North Dakota has done, they would have won a title this century.

INCH is run by a former SID at Michigan State and a former reporter from Michigan. Even there website was designed by a former MSU hockey player. Jeff Sauer also contributes to the site....he's a big gopher homer.

If they aren't raving about the Sue, it must be Gopher bias.

notice the smiley faces genious...i was having fun with this comment if you didnt notice and obviously you didnt......... :hypocrite::p

I could be wrong, but my guess is that Goon's criticism goes beyond the freshman class annual ratings.

YEP, PCM is right. It doesn't have anything to do with incoming freshman class rating. I could care less about that, in fact ON PAPER Minnesota is good. That means nothing when you put on the skates. They are meaningless ratings that make for some nice gee wiz reading.

That statement has about as much validity as me saying that I don't think Patrick Reuesse has anything against the Gophers.

Ok, fine. You're right, it's a huge conspiracy against UND. INCH clearly hates the Sioux and have never and will never give them any credit for anything. You happy now?

Does this whole "INCH hates the Sioux" thing stem from them giving Kessel the ROY award, because the WCHA did the same thing awarding the ROY to Kessel. So now are you gonna tell me that the WCHA has something against UND? Oh wait, I almost forgot, you people say that every year the WCHA awards are given out.

I agree that these rankings are pretty meaningless, especially when you consider they had Wheeler ranked ahead of Toews and Oshie last year which was obviously way off. But to claim that a website has something against your program just doesn't make you look very objective.

Does this whole "INCH hates the Sioux" thing stem from them giving Kessel the ROY award, because the WCHA did the same thing awarding the ROY to Kessel. So now are you gonna tell me that the WCHA has something against UND? Oh wait, I almost forgot, you people say that every year the WCHA awards are given out.

Sorry to deflate your argument, but this goes back a lot farther than Kessel and the ROY award.

Please remember this discussion on the Gopher recruiting class being #1 at the end of the season. That means that they have no where to go but down. Expectations are high. If they do well, it will be in spite of the enormous pressure of being the top rated class. If they don't do well, it will be because of the enormous pressure of being the top rated class. Has a familiar ring to last year, doesn't it?? :hypocrite::p

Ok, fine. You're right, it's a huge conspiracy against UND. INCH clearly hates the Sioux and have never and will never give them any credit for anything. You happy now?

Am I happy that you put words in my mouth? No. Should I be?

It's really amazing how you can jump from a wrong assumption to a false presmise to a totally ludicrous argument that nobody here is even making.

I agree that these rankings are pretty meaningless, especially when you consider they had Wheeler ranked ahead of Toews and Oshie last year which was obviously way off. But to claim that a website has something against your program just doesn't make you look very objective.

I really don't care whether you think I'm objective about INCH. It doesn't matter.

The only interesting tidbit is that 6 of the top 7 are WCHA.

You've captured the best sentiment contained in this INCH tripe. How many of us (locals anyway) realize just how lucky we are to be able to sit in the Ralph and watch the finest college hockey players on the planet play a game they

Let me start off just by saying I really don't care about the recruiting rankings. #6 is pretty dang good in the country. I honestly think thats about where we should be.

I am actually embarassed that any Sioux fan would argue that our class is better then the Gophers. They have a phenomenal class this year. It's kind of ridiculous to think that ours could match theirs talent wise. I'm a very very loyal and die hard sioux fan, but come on guys, don't try to argue when your point is so wrong.

Totally agree with you crosby_87.As a SIOUX fan I would love to have Johnson and Okoposo on our team even if it was only for a year or 2.

Have to agree with Bucky Sieve on one thing, the ratings don't always turn out to be very accurate. When you have Skille, Rau, Raymond, and Wheeler ahead of Toews at #9, and all of those and Stoa above Oshie at #16, how can anyone be upset about such a speculative and uninformed "guess"? Remember Wes Dorey, who was supposed to be the big-time recruit. Seems to me a little dynamo named Panzer was the star of that freshman class. Can't wait to see if there are any Panzer's that surprise in this years class.

Have to agree with Bucky Sieve on one thing, the ratings don't always turn out to be very accurate. When you have Skille, Rau, Raymond, and Wheeler ahead of Toews at #9, and all of those and Stoa above Oshie at #16, how can anyone be upset about such a speculative and uninformed "guess"? Remember Wes Dorey, who was supposed to be the big-time recruit. Seems to me a little dynamo named Panzer was the star of that freshman class. Can't wait to see if there are any Panzer's that surprise in this years class.

Now while I argued that Toews at 9 was a joke last season, you can hardly argue with how they ranked Skille, Rau, Raymond, and Wheeler. They are Elite WCHA players. And NO ONE knew what Oshie was going to do.

Let's see our 2 choices:

1. Degree from The Carlson School of Management at the U

2. Flying for Mesaba at $17k a year with a guarantee of being laid off within 12 months.

What school should I go to?

Pop quiz: How many Carlson School of Management students does it take to screw in a light bulb:

A. None...it's a second year course.

B. None...they live at home, mommy and daddy take care of the lights.

C. Twelve...two to screw it in, ten to find an ugly enough lamp shade to match their school colors.

. . . . . . And NO ONE knew what Oshie was going to do.

Hey Chuck. How you doing? Technically, your statement above is far from true. Check, e.g., the early and consistent posts of a few individuals, most notably, perhaps, those of that hockey sage also known as The Triouxper. I would post them here, but I am not very smart on searching the archives.

The Triouxper knew. So did a few others. If the rest of us didn't, we were very early converts.

Got Oshie? It's gonna be a great season.

Hey Chuck. How you doing? Technically, your statement above is far from true. Check, e.g., the early and consistent posts of a few individuals, most notably, perhaps, those of that hockey sage also known as The Triouxper. I would post them here, but I am not very smart on searching the archives.

The Triouxper knew. So did a few others. If the rest of us didn't, we were very early converts.

Got Oshie? It's gonna be a great season.

The Trouixper was adamant about Oshie being better than anyone thought possible. So technically, "Only one thought he knew what Oshie was going to do!" :hypocrite:

The Trouixper was adamant about Oshie being better than anyone thought possible. So technically, "Only one thought he knew what Oshie was going to do!" :hypocrite:

Agreed. Up until Oshie, who to me clearly seems to be the exception to the rule, that there has typically been a drop off in production between a player's final year of High School and his first year of DI hockey. I guess you could say that Oshie had a drop off, but then again, it's hard to score 100 points or more in DI nowadays.

And Irish- I'm sorry you feel that way about our recruiting class. Sure, Minnesota's recruiting class is the best on paper, but not every top recruit goes onto a successful freshman year. Look at Frazee. I had him beating out that sieve Briggs for #1 goaltender by January of this past year at the latest and it didn't even come close to happening.

And Chuck- Sorry, pal, though what you say is true on the most part, I would not consider Wheeler as anything close to an "elite" WCHA player. He hasn't done anything yet to garner such a label. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but he's not elite.

Pop quiz: How many Carlson School of Management students does it take to screw in a light bulb:

A. None...it's a second year course.

B. None...they live at home, mommy and daddy take care of the lights.

C. Twelve...two to screw it in, ten to find an ugly enough lamp shade to match their school colors.

:crazy: Now that's some good smack.

Who gives a rats about ranking of recruiting classes. Let's see how it translates into W's. Let's not forget the importance that coaching will have in developing all the paper talent of these kids. Me, I have much more confidence in Hakstol and crew that I would in Coach Hairdo.