SiouxSports.com Forum

Goalie

dj_hoime

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I hope this isn't true, but if it is...

WTF is going on in this country? Kick an athlete's butt month? Will part of scholarship offers have to include bodyguards? Seriously!

Well, thank Parise he wasn't shot like those poor basketball players were out east.

Or stabbed by a rival for the position al la Northern Colorado punter style.

I understand it is an eye thing. The orbital socket, or whatever it is called. I have no word on how serious, or how long he might be out, if at all.

I think that the clown who suckered him needs to have a little private talking to, behind closed doors. Just like those grave robbing bums from southwestern part of Wisconsin.

OMG! If his orbital socket is fractured, this can be a potentially life threatening injury. I would file charges against the A$$Hole!

I would like to hear a little more about what his going on and what happened before we start talking about filing charges.

WHAT!! This is our goalie for goodness sake! They should find the punk, take him out back, teach him to NEVER mess with a FIGHTING SIOUX hockey player and then, throw his butt in jail for life!! :love:

OK, I'm only kidding. :lol: You're right of course. :D

Dateline: Grand Forks, ND

UND To Implement New Team Rules For Goaltenders

Sioux hockey head coach Dave Hakstol introduced new team rules for goaltenders today. He summarized them as follows:

i. If your last name rhymes with 'Famoureux' you must wear your mask at all times, on and off ice, and

ii. If item i. applies to you defenseman Joe Finley must accompany you at all times, on and off ice, in what Hakstol characterized as a "personal ambassador and envoy role" also stating that Finley would make "policy statements" in support of any goaltender he may be with.

Hakstol ended the press conference with no further explanation.

Or stabbed by a rival for the position al la Northern Colorado punter style.

I read that in the paper the other day, what did that guy think would happen. Lets see I'll just stab my team mate no one will notice and I will get to take his starting job. Whew. What goes on in some of these people minds. Thats almost as bad as playing you buddy in a match in golf, the guy is beating you by 5 strokes and you club him over the head with your driver. UGH. :D

A Friend of mine just left the Sioux practice and said Lammy was in net during practice. He also talked to one of the trainers who said he would be fine.

Fine like he will be able to play right away or fine like he will be able to play in a couple of weeks. I am assuming you mean fine, he gets to play eventually.

I e-mailed my older brother who is studying to be an optometrist about this mostly, just asking about the orbital socket thing that was mentioned before. He said that if that is what it is that the most that would have happened is that he would have some fractures in the bones there. It is the same as the eye socket and that it contains all of the bones in the eye. The worst that would happen would be that there would be some restriction in the muscles that control eye movement. sorry for the longer post, but I thought you might want to know what an student of optometry said.

I e-mailed my older brother who is studying to be an optometrist about this mostly, just asking about the orbital socket thing that was mentioned before. He said that if that is what it is that the most that would have happened is that he would have some fractures in the bones there. It is the same as the eye socket and that it contains all of the bones in the eye. The worst that would happen would be that there would be some restriction in the muscles that control eye movement. sorry for the longer post, but I thought you might want to know what an student of optometry said.

I was told by my friend who talked to the trainer that it is not the orbital socket. Which would be good news. He did also mention that Grieco looked good the little he saw him this afternoon.

As a healthcare provider, I wish to add there is a LOT more that can be involved in an orbital eye injury including fracture:

1. double vision

2. blurred vision

3. cranial and /or optic nerve damage which can affect vision, eye movement. loss of facial sensation and loss of movement on the affected side of the face

4. sinking of the eye ball into the eye socket

5. infection which in extreme cases can cause meningitis (I knew a guy who was hit in the eye with a softball who ended up in ICU for two weeks due to his injury)

6. the eye contents can herniate into the maxillary sinus

There's probably more but this is all I can come up with right now. I don't want anyone to make light of an eye injury. As I said before, an orbital eye injury can be life life threatening, albeit, in extreme cases.