SiouxSports.com Forum

Goalie

dj_hoime

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a healthcare provider, I wish to add there is a LOT more that can be involved in an orbital eye injury including fracture:

1. double vision

2. blurred vision

3. cranial and /or optic nerve damage which can affect vision, eye movement. loss of facial sensation and loss of movement on the affected side of the face

4. sinking of the eye ball into the eye socket

5. infection which in extreme cases can cause meningitis (I knew a guy who was hit in the eye with a softball who ended up in ICU for two weeks due to his injury)

6. the eye contents can herniate into the maxillary sinus

There's probably more but this is all I can come up with right now. I don't want anyone to make light of an eye injury. As I said before, an orbital eye injury can be life life threatening, albeit, in extreme cases.

I didn't mean to make light of it. I was just saying what my brother had told me. Trust me when I say that I know really bad things can happen with eye injuries and they aren't something to be messed with. I am just glad that the word is that he is ok.

I didn't mean to make light of it. I was just saying what my brother had told me. Trust me when I say that I know really bad things can happen with eye injuries and they aren't something to be messed with. I am just glad that the word is that he is ok.

No biggie. I was primarily responding to your statement which I bolded.

I thought hockey players got the pick of the women at UND?

Thats the way it used to be when I went to school. Wow, times have changed.

That being said good thing Lammy is going to be good to go this season.

Some go football, some go hockey, some go both hence the problem.

Oh, and I didn't see the channel 4 news, how did he look.