SiouxSports.com Forum

Mike and the Cup

MikeyPete

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had GP about a year ago.

First I'd seen of Hennen's weight loss was on a TV comercial. I thought he looked pretty tough because he looked so pale in the picture. I thought last night he looked better, because he had a little more color. I know a few people that have had GP. I wish him well. I can be a tough deal.

Probably downhill for the rest of the semester.

Ionno. Frank White is pretty cool and Sociology of Sport is a great class. It's the only class I ever had that I wanted to go to. I don't think I missed one day. :silly: Though I did get stuck writing a paper on Bobby Fisher. Why couldn't I have gotten a cool person like Moe Berg instead of raving lunatic/anti-semite?

Ionno. Frank White is pretty cool and Sociology of Sport is a great class. It's the only class I ever had that I wanted to go to. I don't think I missed one day. :silly: Though I did get stuck writing a paper on Bobby Fisher. Why couldn't I have gotten a cool person like Moe Berg instead of raving lunatic/anti-semite?

Sociology of Sport was a really fun class.....the lectures were really entertaining and informative. I wrote my paper on Paul Robeson.

I hope your paper argued that chess is not a sport.

IMHO Frank White is one of the best, if not THE best instructor at UND. I remember sitting in his classes on the first day in a chair, while the steps were full of students who were hoping to get over rides into his class. The first thing out of his mouth was- if you're looking for an over ride you're out of luck, I don't have any room. That in itself speaks words of how good of a teacher he is. That was probably the one class that I never skipped, and believe me I skipped a lot of classes. He just has an enthusiasm that makes you want to listen to everything that comes out of his mouth.

I got into his Intro to Sociology class as a freshman with a bunch of Juniors and Seniors. I don't know how I got in though with the way all his classes fill up. I took all the classes he taught just because he taught them. He was by far the best instructor I had at UND.

I thought it was neat when Kollar said that Mike has been with New Jersey, Anaheim, Calgary and Carolina and each one went to the Stanley Cup finals. Obviously Mike didn't have a big hand in the first two, but it is kind of strange that where he has gone the teams had success. Don't know for sure if each had their success directly when he was there or just in the vicinity of time.

I thought it was neat when Kollar said that Mike has been with New Jersey, Anaheim, Calgary and Carolina and each one went to the Stanley Cup finals. Obviously Mike didn't have a big hand in the first two, but it is kind of strange that where he has gone the teams had success. Don't know for sure if each had their success directly when he was there or just in the vicinity of time.

Siouxmama will tell you that it's the red hair. It's lucky!!

Many thanks to all of you for putting out those pictures. Wish I could've been their to enjoy it. Wanted to add my two cents in about Prof. White and say that he indeed was the best Prof. I had. Made me switch and major in Sociology he was that good. I did my paper on Ali. The paper was suppose to be only like 2 to 3 pages and mine ended up being like 8. He just looked at me when I handed it in.

Took a sociology of sport class too from Prof White. I also had Intro to Sociology with him. He was a ton of fun. I took my sociology of sport class with Andy Kollar too. Sad thing is, I don't remember who I did my report on. All I remember was the TA in that class was a real jackass.

Prof. White is cool. I have never taken a class from him, but he came to a meeting i was at and he was the only thing anyone paid any attention too. I am so jealous that they got to see Commie. :)

Does anyone remember the following: "Questions? Comments? Criticisms?" ;) ;)

For those of us not fortunate enough to get into FW's Soc. Classes.

FW's sister was my wife's landlord back in the days of the flood. She's good people, too.