SiouxSports.com Forum

Question for Minnesota Vikings fans

JESUS,family,rutgers

Okay, I was drinking a Coca-Cola when I read that and it didn't really feel too good coming out of my nose.

Sheesh, HockeyMom...first milk out of your nose on "KESSEL UPDATE" and now this? :silly:

I'm officially "HockeyDad," now, too. My 4.5 year old is a Bloomington Kennedy Mite.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh, HockeyMom...first milk out of your nose on "KESSEL UPDATE" and now this? :silly:

I'm officially "HockeyDad," now, too. My 4.5 year old is a Bloomington Kennedy Mite.

I laugh a lot......apparently while I'm drinking stuff.

War being a hockey dad! The first time those little ones suit up and hit the ice is a sight to behold.

Apparently players like the look of the Oregon uni's and they've actually brought recruits in because of them. Sad, but the youngsters don't care about tradition. They want to stand out, and the schools need them.

I really don't mind the Vikings uni's. It always bugged me that the purple jersey and purple helmet didn't match. Not as noticeable now. I'm not sure about all the damn curls on the horn and MV.

Apparently players like the look of the Oregon uni's and they've actually brought recruits in because of them. Sad, but the youngsters don't care about tradition. They want to stand out, and the schools need them.

Oregon can say that "new and trendy" brings in recruits just as easily as Penn State, Notre Dame, or Michigan can say that "tradition" and "conservative" brings in recruits.

So the entire Duck team is made up of colorblind morons?

Hello Coteau,

Just kidding--it is just funny the direction threads take sometimes.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Sorry 'bout that, Jfr. Hope this makes you feel better. I like Rutgers and their nice clean jerseys!

rutgers_scarlet_knights_brian_leonard.jpgrutgers_JonathanDaniel1.jpg

I'm sorry, to say, though, but the news media here has been very critical of Mike McMahon's play and the biggest morning radio show here was busy nailing his coffin yesterday. Take a good look...you won't see this during the regular season.

capt.799d32f6188b418c9a84b2ffe5d1f666.vikings_steelers_football_paks109.jpg

It is funny you have a picture of him running. Our offensive line was pretty bad when he was here so he had a lot of practice scrambling. By the way, the Rutgers uniforms have changed a bit this year. A small amount of trim has been added around the collar and sleeves. I like the change, but some people think it is like the introduction of New Coke!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS--BEAT NORTH CAROLINA!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX--BEAT CENTRAL WASHINGTON!

Mafiaman, time to move across town. Every one in youth hockey across the Metro knows Kennedy is Jefferson's whipping boy. :silly:

Seriously, make it fun and take lots of pictures. My "squirt" graduated from high school last spring and we have tons of memories, from mini-mites to varsity.

Mafiaman, time to move across town. Every one in youth hockey across the Metro knows Kennedy is Jefferson's whipping boy. ;)

Seriously, make it fun and take lots of pictures. My "squirt" graduated from high school last spring and we have tons of memories, from mini-mites to varsity.

I've long known that hockey in Bloomington has long been "Jefferson" and "what's that other school on the other side of town?". It's bad enough being a Sioux fan in that neck of the woods...

Yea, I'm very excited for him to start. I wish I'd have had the opportunity to learn to skate when I was young. SW North Dakota is still pretty new to hockey.

Oh, off topic again. Ed McMahon has a better shot at making the Vikings than Mike. Sorry, Jfr.

I've long known that hockey in Bloomington has long been "Jefferson" and "what's that other school on the other side of town?". It's bad enough being a Sioux fan in that neck of the woods...

Yea, I'm very excited for him to start. I wish I'd have had the opportunity to learn to skate when I was young. SW North Dakota is still pretty new to hockey.

Oh, off topic again. Ed McMahon has a better shot at making the Vikings than Mike. Sorry, Jfr.

So you endorse O'Sullivan for the slot instead? ;)

Sorry MM, but I think McMahon will make the Vikings. Tavaris Jackson will be thrown to the fire faster than he's truly ready to handle if Johnson gets injured, but McMahon will make the team.

I'm partial to O'Sullivan, not because he is a much better QB, but because he was sure fun to watch in college. His scrambling around in the Alerus in the 2001 National semifinals was unbelievable and kept them in the game.

He looks like a tree hugging hippy though with that hair. They should bring Bowencamp back, he couldn't do worse then JT.

So you endorse O'Sullivan for the slot instead? ;)

Sorry MM, but I think McMahon will make the Vikings. Tavaris Jackson will be thrown to the fire faster than he's truly ready to handle if Johnson gets injured, but McMahon will make the team.

I don't know about Tavaris Jackson, but I think Tarvaris Jackson has impressed the coaches, yes. The local media here has RIPPED McMahon and I think his goose is cooked.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry JFR, but McMahon is no longer a Viking.

Neither is JT O'Sullivan.

Surprising cuts include Liewinski (I knew he wasn't going to make the team, but I thought the Vikings would be able to trade him), Will Offord (Same as Liewinski), and Ryan Hoag. I thought Hoag could have found a slot on the practice squad or perhaps special teams.

• 2 weeks later...