SiouxSports.com Forum

Question for Minnesota Vikings fans

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance he won't make the team?

I think there would be too much egg on Childress' face if he didn't even make the team. I think he'll be on the roster for opening day, but I also agree with a previous poster that he will be the 3rd quarterback behind Johnson and Jackson.

And I think the new road uniforms are a huge improvement.

You are insane. The Vikings had pretty much the same uniform for their entire existence. Now though it has swooshes and curves and all this other stupid looking crap that Nike invented to try to sell jerseys to 12 year olds. It sucks. Go back to the classic unis.

And I think McMahon might still be the #2 QB as I'm not sure you want to throw Jackson in as a rookie should Johnson get injured. The Vikes are going to stink this year anyways, let Jackson develop and he can be the #2 guy next year or starter if Johnson is gone.

:silly:

From this...

vikings.jpg

05-brad-johnson-action-1-sm.jpg

vikings.jpg

...to this?

capt.7708c26da73e4717af5a4a44db192c6d.vikings_steelers_football_paks102.jpg

capt.21b826a7660343608ed559c93a12d26a.vikings_steelers_football_paks110.jpg

capt.5a06beb1300d44b69674b5f8cd6e9f09.vikings_steelers_football_paks101.jpg

You've got to be kidding! I'll spot you that the purple pants is an OK change, but why go purple pants if you're going to make 1/3 of them white, blocky, yellow stripe, Viking logo...the uniform is a MESS! Contrast that with the Steelers player in the last photo...XFL meets NFL.

It was time for a new look, and they came up with something different. The classic unis were tired and boring. This was long overdue. It's one thing if you have a history of winning like Pittsburgh or Dallas, but with a history of futility like the Vikings have, why not shake it up a bit? Everyone hated the new Broncos/Miami Hurricanes look a few years ago too, now it's mainstream.

It was time for a new look, and they came up with something different. The classic unis were tired and boring. This was long overdue. It's one thing if you have a history of winning like Pittsburgh or Dallas, but with a history of futility like the Vikings have, why not shake it up a bit? Everyone hated the new Broncos/Miami Hurricanes look a few years ago too, now it's mainstream.

This had nothing to do with futility or shaking things up and everything to do with not a single superstar name on the team which translates into low merchandise sales which translates into uniform change so the folks that already OWN a Viking uniform are compelled to go out and buy a "new" one.

Correction. Everyone STILL hates the Broncos/Hurricanes look!

McMahon is a 3rd stringer at best, but will probably be the backup for the Vikings, who are one big hit to Johnson away from being a sub-par team.

Even so, would you rather have JT O'Sullivan instead? (I wish I had a puking smilie to install here)

Well, at least the Vikes didn't trade for McMahon or O'Sullivan.

Even so, would you rather have JT O'Sullivan instead? (I wish I had a puking smilie to install here)

Well, at least the Vikes didn't trade for McMahon or O'Sullivan.

I agree that the Vikings might be in some serious trouble if BJ goes down....but the thing of it is that we KNOW it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Name the last year that we had our QB the entire season....we will wind up with our second stringer in there at some point this year, and let's pray to god that it's Jackson and not McMahon. (no offense JFR)

Jackson has shown some flashes during the last two preseason games, and I think with a little more time could be holding the reins of this Vikings offense.

Personally, if Brooks Bollinger gets cut by the Jets, I would like to see the Vikings pick him up as a backup.

I think he did well for the mostpart when he started last year. Trouble is Pennington is back and they have Patrick Ramsey and Kelly Clemons who the Jets drafted last year and are high on.

I agree that the Vikings might be in some serious trouble if BJ goes down....but the thing of it is that we KNOW it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Name the last year that we had our QB the entire season....we will wind up with our second stringer in there at some point this year, and let's pray to god that it's Jackson and not McMahon. (no offense JFR)

I agree......you know Johnson is not going to play the entire year, due to some injury.

I agree 100%. The old Bison uniforms were classic, the new ones are hideous. It would almost kill me to see the Sioux go to a similar look. If they were to make any change at all, I'd prefer to see a retro style similar to what they wore in the late '70s/early '80s.

Sorry to disagree with you, but those retro style uniforms were the ugliest and most hideous looking things any Sioux team has ever worn.