SiouxSports.com Forum

Question for Minnesota Vikings fans

JESUS,family,rutgers

Bears 37 Seahawks 6

;):)

Sioux-cia,

It's now official: Da Bears are for real! Even without Alexander, the Seahawks are a pretty good team. And the Bears made them look like the Lions. Da Bears should win 14 to 15 games in the regular season, but I would be a little concerned about peaking too early. You must be playing your best football at playoff time to make a run at the Super Bowl. If Da Bears can avoid this roadblock, we might have ourselves a rematch of Super Bowl 20 (Bears vs. Patriots). I think the Pats might have another run in them.

As for my Vikings, I was nauseated at what I saw on television before I left for the tailgate party. Receivers left wide open. More bad passes from Johnson. The O line not earning its money (again). Aarrgghh!!! ??? I'm surprised I was able to eat anything yesterday! :D If this keeps up, they'll probably earn a top 10 draft pick, which would help them upgrade the offense. They might want to draft another quarterback; get rid of Johnson, keep Bollinger and Jackson. If they lose to the Lions, it's curtains for the 2006-07 season.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux-cia,

It's now official: Da Bears are for real! Even without Alexander, the Seahawks are a pretty good team. And the Bears made them look like the Lions. Da Bears should win 14 to 15 games in the regular season, but I would be a little concerned about peaking too early. You must be playing your best football at playoff time to make a run at the Super Bowl. If Da Bears can avoid this roadblock, we might have ourselves a rematch of Super Bowl 20 (Bears vs. Patriots). I think the Pats might have another run in them.

As for my Vikings, I was nauseated at what I saw on television before I left for the tailgate party. Receivers left wide open. More bad passes from Johnson. The O line not earning its money (again). Aarrgghh!!! ??? I'm surprised I was able to eat anything yesterday! :D If this keeps up, they'll probably earn a top 10 draft pick, which would help them upgrade the offense. They might want to draft another quarterback; get rid of Johnson, keep Bollinger and Jackson. If they lose to the Lions, it's curtains for the 2006-07 season.

If the Vikings do lose to the Lions, you're right. It is over. The Vikings do play the Lions twice this season and, in so doing, will more than likely win both of those games. So, at minimum, they are a 4 win team. Wrost case scenario is that they split vs. Green Bay and that would make them a 5 game winner. I pick them to sweep the Packers too. Say what you will about Favre, but the Packers just suck.

Uhhhhhhh... Favre has thrown 6 TD passes after three games. That puts him on pace for 32 assuming he doesn't get hurt and plays all 16 games. Not bad for an allegedly washed-up QB. Please save all this Favre bashing until the time comes that he actually is washed up. Madden is the only one who gets it, Favre really is that good.

22-44, 0 TD passes, and 2 INTS against the Eagles, the second of which was priceless. Seconds after Tony Kornheiser starts spouting off about how "exciting" Brett Favre is, ol' #4 chucks one over the middle into a see of Eagle green where it was promptly picked off. The Eagles D isn't exactly the Lions out there.

22-44, 0 TD passes, and 2 INTS against the Eagles, the second of which was priceless. Seconds after Tony Kornheiser starts spouting off about how "exciting" Brett Favre is, ol' #4 chucks one over the middle into a see of Eagle green where it was promptly picked off. The Eagles D isn't exactly the Lions out there.

No, but he was throwing at just over 50% completion rate (including the INTs because, hey, they WERE caught... just by the wrong team! ???). Seriously, He's on pace for just under 30 TDs this season at this pace and what's classic is that he's also on pace to surpass that in INTs.

AZSioux, I thought his first INT was pretty funny. Plunked one off the helmet of Morrissey and into the waiting arms of a rookie DT (Ramsey?). Classic.

Packers or LIons.... Which team will be 0-16? Well... If the Lions play the Packers, someone will have to win, no? Talk about a snoozefest game for sure.

I'm perplexed at how a class act like Brett Favre can be the target of so much hatred. ???

I don't think anyone hates Favre. I don't. I agree he is a class act and I for one respect him as a great quarterback. I hated watching him kick the Bears a$$ when he was in his prime.

He was one of the greats!!! The game he played the day his dad died (or was it the next day?) is one I'll never forget. He had a lot of great games. That's why it's so painful to see him today. I really wish he had retired or gone to a winning team.

If he was a class act, he would quietly step aside and see if the Rodgers can play at QB.

I don't hate Brett, DaveK, I just don't understand how many free passes one player is entitled to? John Madden and Tony Korneiser fawn all over him. Cmon, Brett himself can't be serious when he says this is the most talented Packer team he's ever been with! Dan Marino went out with a 4 or 5 interception game against Jacksonville in the playoffs and I think 3 of them were run back for TD's. They all can't go out like John Elway.

Is Brett Favre a winner? For sure. Is he a Hall of Famer? You bet. Is he destined to win exactly as many Super Bowls as Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer did? Even though he'd like to dream of that answer being 'no,' it unfortunately is 'yes.' And there's nothing wrong with that...it's one more than Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, and Randall Cunningham have combined. It's just a shame watching him "Joe Namath" out the end of his career with the Rams. Brett could have learned a thing or two from watching Steve Yzerman.