SiouxSports.com Forum

Question for Minnesota Vikings fans

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leisure suits? I don't get it.

Anything newer than 20 years old and you don't like it. Leisure suits, being the ultimate abomination of fashion and more than 20 years old, would be right up your alley. Though maybe a little bit too old since they came from the 70's. I probably hould have went with Members Only jackets.

You are insane. The Vikings had pretty much the same uniform for their entire existence. Now though it has swooshes and curves and all this other stupid looking crap that Nike invented to try to sell jerseys to 12 year olds. It sucks. Go back to the classic unis.

I agree. I don't like the Vikings and the uniforms are hideous....like the Oregon Ducks unis......ugly. They're like the jerseys that the Broncos debuted like 907086876575646 years ago.

Oh come on now... just because I don't like a lot of things that are newer than 20 years old doesn't mean I like everything that is more than 20 years old. I like what I like regardless of how old it is. It just so happens that I prefer most sports teams' uniforms from 20+ years ago over most of what we have right now, like the UND Blackhawk style hockey jersey to name one of many examples.

All hail DaveK! Today's sports clothing isn't geared toward the "fan," it's geared toward your gangsta-rapper wanna-bes and hip hop generation. I love nothing more than walking up to a guy wearing a Mitchell and Ness Julius Erving #6 New York Nets jersey from the 1970's and saying "Hey, Dr. J was THE MAN" and being greeted with a blank stare and a "huh?".

From this:

Sammy.jpg

To this:

Kilmerwas.jpg

Overheard 40 years ago: "I'm sick and tired of these greedy companies like Wilson trying to shove these crazy new designs down our throat!! I prefer the classic look!!" :silly::silly:

Change....embrace it or loathe it I guess.

I'd hardly compare leather helmets to one-bar helmets to today's concussion-resistant helmets and say that those we bad changes. Nice of you to put in the classic Redskins jersey though to prove Dave K's and my point.

Since you're so up for change, I have a great idea. How about we pull a Buffalo Sabres, ditch 70 years of tradition and change the Sioux colors to hunter orange and camoflauge and design new jerseys that fans of Eminem and K-Fed would love? Change...embrace it or loathe it!

NYIslanders97.GIF vs NYIslanders95.GIF

Good move, NYI! NOT!

BuffaloSabres70.GIF vs 1146.jpg

Was this one even a contest? Who designs this stuff? And way to ditch 30 years of Sabres history by scrapping the colors!

Philadelphia76ers3.GIF vs sixers_logo_med.jpg

Yep, the first colors that come to mind when I think of 1776 are black and Vegas gold!

Back to the topic at hand, JIM McMahon has a better shot right now to be on the Vikings regular season roster than Mike McMahon!

I'd hardly compare leather helmets to one-bar helmets to today's concussion-resistant helmets and say that those we bad changes. Nice of you to put in the classic Redskins jersey though to prove Dave K's and my point.

Since you're so up for change, I have a great idea. How about we pull a Buffalo Sabres, ditch 70 years of tradition and change the Sioux colors to hunter orange and camoflauge and design new jerseys that fans of Eminem and K-Fed would love? Change...embrace it or loathe it!

Nah, I kind of like the new Sioux look. Now the Sioux unis of the 70's and 80's, well that's something else again. At least the geometic look of the late 90's was unique to UND, versus a Chicago Blackhawk ripoff. *

And if the Eminem/K-Fed crowd have the money to plunk down on new duds, more power to Nike, Reebok, and the like.

*In best Herb Brooks voice" "Think that'll get 'em goin'?"

Nah, I kind of like the new Sioux look. Now the Sioux unis of the 70's and 80's, well that's something else again. At least the geometic look of the late 90's was unique to UND, versus a Chicago Blackhawk ripoff. *

And if the Eminem/K-Fed crowd have the money to plunk down on new duds, more power to Nike, Reebok, and the like.

*In best Herb Brooks voice" "Think that'll get 'em goin'?"

Not all change is bad. Of course, I say that now. Just wait until the Reebok "swift" hockey jerseys are debuted in the NHL this year. UGH.

All hail DaveK! Today's sports clothing isn't geared toward the "fan," it's geared toward your gangsta-rapper wanna-bes and hip hop generation. I love nothing more than walking up to a guy wearing a Mitchell and Ness Julius Erving #6 New York Nets jersey from the 1970's and saying "Hey, Dr. J was THE MAN" and being greeted with a blank stare and a "huh?".

Hey, I know who all the players are of the Mitchell and Ness jerseys I've got. :glare: I've even got a Dennis Hextall one! And the Virginia Squires Dr. J jersey is much cooler.

Did Shawn-O just dis the Blackhawk jersey? :silly: I'm pretty sure he should be voted off this thread. :silly: