SiouxSports.com Forum

Tailgating

Sioux-cia

I spoke with Jason Uhlir, head of parking and security or something like that. I have to fill out a form to get permission to tailgate at the old Ralph, fax it to him and then he will direct to a bunch of other people for their approval. And then he'll get back to me with their decision.

Should we ask for more dates than just the opener, or play it by ear?

Comparing the football and hockey schedules, it appears that the other possibilities are the weekend against Maine, Oct 21 and against St. Cloud on Nov 4. Oct 7th is Homecoming, Oct 28th is a football home game (UMD). Then Nov. 11th is a home football game (USD) and then come the playoffs. It depends on whether the SiouxSports hockey faithful also go to the football games.

Any way, there appear to be two other strong candidates for tailgating, Oct. 21 and Nov. 4th. Any other thoughts out there?

P.S. I guess I wasn't aware if anyone asked permission when we did it last spring. It was rather spur of the moment, so I doubt it. If anyone asks I just tell them TheTriouxper was in charge.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MafiaMan/BigChief/Dagies/Sioux7>5

are we tailgating in the Denny's parking lot before going to Senser's?

I'm checking with Denny's management as well as the city of Bloomington Public Works Department in addition to Kent Hrbek. I'll get back to you all ASAP if I obtain permission from all affected parties.

Well, I don't have a problem with just doing it. Should we?

Did you tell him the date where they would be on the lookout if we don't submit a request? It might be a little late to just do it. Is there an alternate site if we were to get turned down, say the Alerus Center lot, PCM's rodent free garage, etc. as a backup plan? Since it is state land, we might get permission only if it is alcohol free (not a chance on that one).

Did you tell him the date where they would be on the lookout if we don't submit a request? It might be a little late to just do it. Is there an alternate site if we were to get turned down, say the Alerus Center lot, PCM's rodent free garage, etc. as a backup plan? Since it is state land, we might get permission only if it is alcohol free (not a chance on that one).

I don't think I told him a date. I was calling to see what we had to do to be able to tailgate there without the police running us off.

I say we just do it and plead ignorance if the cops come around. Shouldn't be to hard to do! :love:

And we wonder why some college students have a warped sense of reality! :D

(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Sorry, that whole debate goes to those students at UMD who take courses from that professor who claims a laser beam downed Wellstone's airplane and all those other crazy conspiracy theories. Felltzer or Felzer or something like that...

Sorry, that whole debate goes to those students at UMD who take courses from that professor who claims a laser beam downed Wellstone's airplane and all those other crazy conspiracy theories. Felltzer or Felzer or something like that...

Not really I had a high school teacher who was preparing for Y2K in 1995. but he also thought that "I ripped my pants so my mom sodium." was a good joke. If you don't get it say it out loud. if you still don't get it, don't worry 15 students didn't get it either until he started laughing.

Not really I had a high school teacher who was preparing for Y2K in 1995. but he also thought that "I ripped my pants so my mom sodium." was a good joke. If you don't get it say it out loud. if you still don't get it, don't worry 15 students didn't get it either until he started laughing.

I had a teacher who thought that a sort of crude interpretive dance was the best way to describe how atomic reactions of different sorts occurred. We called in the "neutron dance," though any semblence to the Family Guy's version is coincidental (not to mention this whole thing took place perhaps.... 10 years before Family Guy? Not entirely certain when it came out).

EDIT: Not to mention my high school world geography teacher who thought it was the most hilarious thing to have witnessed his wife get submitted to a full-body cavity search....

I had a teacher who thought that a sort of crude interpretive dance was the best way to describe how atomic reactions of different sorts occurred. We called in the "neutron dance," though any semblence to the Family Guy's version is coincidental (not to mention this whole thing took place perhaps.... 10 years before Family Guy? Not entirely certain when it came out).

EDIT: Not to mention my high school world geography teacher who thought it was the most hilarious thing to have witnessed his wife get submitted to a full-body cavity search....

Ok, you win in the weirdest teacher ever category :D

• 2 weeks later...
Will there be a tailgate for the Saturday Quinnipiac game? I know it's homecoming and there are about 900 things going on, but it would be a fun way to kill a couple two three hours between the FB game and hockey.

We hadn't talked much about that one. We might have to find some place away from campus with all of the homecoming activities. Maybe we can just set up at the Alerus after the football game. We can discuss that at the tailgating party prior to the Manitoba game. I was also kind of wondering about the Stanford band, after reading about them in another thread, being available for one of our tailgating parties!! ;)

And just in case anyone was wondering, Holy Cross jerseys are very welcome at the tailgating parties.