SiouxSports.com Forum

Tailgating

Sioux-cia

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sioux Fans - If you plan to show up Sunday afternoon for a little pre-hockey tailgating at the Old Ralph, speak up.

Wish I could be there. :blush: But, we'll be there for Quinnipiac and football against the Purple Land Cows!! :lol: Had a blast last March, so if there's a way to pull something off, we'd love to hear about it!! Maybe during the football tailgate. But, I really do like the idea of football tailgate, football game, and keep the party rolling until the puck drops. I'm five hours away, otherwise I'd help coordinate location, etc.

I can't be there, unfortunately. Jewish High Holy Days means I have to be in the Synagogue (sp?). What's weird about it this year is that this is the first year we've had to hire an armed security guard. Scary, no?

Anyways, I can't find earbuds small enough to tune in during the Rabbi's sermon. :blush:

We have waited for this day for sooooo long. Will be bringing boneless seasoned ribs for the grill, buns and chips. Also onion and some great mustard for the brats.

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it to the TAILGATE today. Should be a warmup for more to come.

This is a day for smiles. :silly::sad::D It has been a long time since Milwaukee.

I can't be there, unfortunately. Jewish High Holy Days means I have to be in the Synagogue (sp?). What's weird about it this year is that this is the first year we've had to hire an armed security guard. Scary, no?

Very scary- way too bad that you had to.

Just a friendly reminder to the ss.com faithful that there will be tailgating at the Old Ralph prior to the hockey game on Saturday. Will probably start setting up about 3:00 pm. Bring your favorite beverage and something to throw on the grill or share with the group. The weather looks to be good (not quite as warm as Sunday though). Stop by and say hello if you are in the area.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder to the ss.com faithful that there will be tailgating at the Old Ralph prior to the hockey game on Saturday. Will probably start setting up about 3:00 pm. Bring your favorite beverage and something to throw on the grill or share with the group. The weather looks to be good (not quite as warm as Sunday though). Stop by and say hello if you are in the area.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Great!! We will be there!! ??? Better have the liver ready. Saturday could be a 16 hour ordeal.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Did a drive-by at about 5:00 Saturday, not a soul was there. :silly:

Did a drive-by at about 5:00 Saturday, not a soul was there. :silly:

Vaht?!?

Siouxman and Mrs. Siouxman were there when Phats and I arrived after the FB game. Kateskates, her mom, TRIOUXPER, a friend of TRIOUXPER'S (don't know his user name), FightingSioux4Life, Morley, a friend of Phats, and another couple I don't know were there. Small group but we were there. I don't remember what time we left.

Vaht?!?

Siouxman and Mrs. Siouxman were there when Phats and I arrived after the FB game. Kateskates, her mom, TRIOUXPER, a friend of TRIOUXPER'S (don't know his user name), FightingSioux4Life, Morley, a friend of Phats, and another couple I don't know were there. Small group but we were there. I don't remember what time we left.

Our mistake, then. :D I'll defer blame to the guy doing the driving. :silly:

Our mistake, then. :D I'll defer blame to the guy doing the driving. :D

We were there past 6:00. Sure you were in G.F., at the old arena(The Old Ralph, not The Barn)? Evidently we weren't very noticeable. Even the local constabulary didn't spend time watching us like he did the week before. Too bad that you missed us.

We were there past 6:00. Sure you were in G.F., at the old arena(The Old Ralph, not The Barn)? Evidently we weren't very noticeable. Even the local constabulary didn't spend time watching us like he did the week before. Too bad that you missed us.

This is what happened, I'm pretty sure:

Old_Englestad.jpg

I just felt bad because when I say I'm showing up to something, I show up. Maybe next time. ;)

Well the old barn's roof looks pretty rough. But the stadium looks great! :D

Hmmmm. You seem to be lost. The Old Barn is long gone, torn down many years ago. It was located to the southwest of Hyslop (as Hyslop was back in those days). The roof shown is the Old Ralph. And yes, the stadium looks very nice. They were tearing out the east side bleachers during out tailgating on Saturday.

Hmmmm. You seem to be lost. The Old Barn is long gone, torn down many years ago. It was located to the southwest of Hyslop (as Hyslop was back in those days). The roof shown is the Old Ralph. And yes, the stadium looks very nice. They were tearing out the east side bleachers during out tailgating on Saturday.

oops..bad choice of words lol. wasn't thinking. Yeah some of the seats from the old ralph are used in the city arena too in the locker rooms. I'd like to take a chunk of the chairs, tons of memories! Ahh the old ralphs crowd was alwasy amazing!