SiouxSports.com Forum

Tailgating

Sioux-cia

Maybe we can just set up at the Alerus after the football game.

I was also kind of wondering about the Stanford band, after reading about them in another thread, being available for one of our tailgating parties!! :love:

And just in case anyone was wondering, Holy Cross jerseys are very welcome at the tailgating parties.

Unless they've changed their rules, we may not be welcome at the Alerus. I seem to remember getting kicked out of the Alerus parking lot about an hour after the game was over.

I think the Stanford band would be a wonderful addition to our tailgating!!

Great idea!! I don't want to 'damage' it though, I have great plans for my HC jerseys. ;) I have two game worn 2005-2006 jerseys, one game worn 2004-2005 jersey and I just ordered a replica. I have two sons and a daughter in law. We're going to look great sitting all in a row at the Final Five. Siouxmama sits in our row and will be wearing hers too. :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't I meet Siouxmama?

Or was I drunk...?

Siouxmama wasn't a SS.com member yet. We have the first 8 seats in our row and she usually sat in seat 8, closer to you than I was. I was in seat 4. You'll meet her at the next FF. :love:

Oh, and yes, you were drunk. :D

I received an additional response from Sommer Lockhart at The Ralph about tailgating. Obviously no the response I was hoping for.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you with our tailgaiting policy. There are several reasons why we can't allow tailgaiting on our property if alcohol is involved and most times it is.

Based on the liability associated with tailgating, our limited parking lot spot and our liquor license, we will not allow any widespread or consistent tailgating at the Ralph Engelstad Arena this season. The only exceptions to this rule will be the men

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He77 no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the f*** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my a33 from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these b*******. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

:silly:

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds good to me. Can be there by about 2:15 or so. Have we got anyone local that can bring a grill? I still need to plan on some food, and hauling a grill all the way to GF from here would slow me down a bit. Looking forward to Sunday.

Hockey, hockey, hockey ......

That sounds good to me. Can be there by about 2:15 or so. Have we got anyone local that can bring a grill? I still need to plan on some food, and hauling a grill all the way to GF from here would slow me down a bit. Looking forward to Sunday.

Hockey, hockey, hockey ......

I can bring a grill but don't have a truck to bring it in on. Anyone?

I'll bring brats and buns, too.

Am I wrong? :huh: The response to date is you, HockeyMom, Prprocks and her Jr High friends and me!?! If your up for it, so am I!! ;)

Mrs. Siouxman and I will be there. TheTriouxper has said he will be there. I have been passing the word, so hopefully others will show up as well. For a minute there I thought you were implying the tailgate party was cancelled. The weather is supposed to be wonderful. Its an opportunity that should not be wasted.

Hey Sioux Fans - If you plan to show up Sunday afternoon for a little pre-hockey tailgating at the Old Ralph, speak up.

OK, I will bring two dozen brats, buns and 'fixings', a card table, paper plates and trash bags. Oh, if you want onions please bring them. I don't eat onions. If you want something else to cook, you can use my grill. I'll figure out a way to get it there. I'll be there to set up between 2 and 2:30. :blush: