SiouxSports.com Forum

Eric Fabian

siouxguyinstpaul

saw him in the end of June at camp, he looks like hes doing well, no limp or anything, not sure if he was working out at all. it looks like his recovery is going well and i dont think you can tell that he hurt it if you didnt know him. does that help?

I thought I saw him at the end of the June camp also. Although the physique was very similar, the guy I saw had a slight limp. Turns out it was PCM. Apparently the limp was the result of his camera hitting his leg as he was trying to shoot pictures in the womens locker room. ;)??????;)

Turns out it was PCM. Apparently the limp was the result of his camera hitting his leg as he was trying to shoot pictures in the womens locker room. ;)??????;)

You thought it was a long telephoto lens, but I was just happy to see the ladies. ;)

Actually he works at King's Walk. Said he would be skating at the end of June if I remember the conversation right. Looked like he was in good shape.

my dad talked to him last week at the course and Fabian said he should be ready for the first regular season game. also, said Towes would be back.

my dad talked to him last week at the course and Fabian said he should be ready for the first regular season game. also, said Towes would be back.

Lets just say, Fabian being ready for the season excites me, the kid is a good solid hitter.

Related to Erik Fabian but not related to his progress in healing:

Can anyone remember any walk on being named Captain? I think Erik has a real good chance of being named Captain.

Fabian was not a walk on................

Smart kid, too. Graduated with honors, was a member of the National Honor Society and is a Math major. He probably could have (maybe did) gotten an academic scholarship. ???

He was quoted in an issue of Sioux Illustrated as saying that his dad inspired him to want to become a math teacher. ??? my kind of guy.

He was quoted in an issue of Sioux Illustrated as saying that his dad inspired him to want to become a math teacher. ??? my kind of guy.

Yeah, I know he had a 4.0 at least one semester.......He will be one of the main leaders next year for sure. I say he hits the 10 goal mark next year.

Fabian received a scholarship to play for the University of North Dakota while he was playing in the USHL for Topeka ScareCrows and have really progressed more then anyone thought he would. He's a hard-nosed, 110% kind of player who bangs away, grinds and mucks, and forechecks hard. He is a player to resemble, for his attitude and toughness. I really hope to see him as either the captain this year or at the very least an assistant captain. My picks for captains would be: C Fabian, A Porter, A Radke. I'd love to see Oshie or Toews be a captain, but I think a sophomore is still a little too young. The older and experienced players deserve to be captains before such young talented guns come in and steal the attention. UND is going to kick butt this year, I'm so anxious. Only 60 days till the first game!! I can't wait, I'm pumped.

The thought crossed my mind is:

How many teams can boast having way more Captain quality players than there are allowable slots? I mean, Toews is rumored to be a leading candidate to wear the "C" for the U20 Team Canada WJC team this year (not saying he will, but that's the scuttlebutt). Oshie led us on and off the ice last year. Fabian embodies what makes a great captain in terms of work ethic. Porter is a true team player, going the extra mile for his teammates. Bina has been there for the team before and even after his serious injury and serves as a true inspiration when it comes to overcoming adversity. It's truly a wonderful feeling knowing that there are at the very least 5 qualified players who could wear the letter.