SiouxSports.com Forum

Rough day for Toews @ the combine

degroat

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who is afraid that Jon will be gone from the Sioux roster this summer should be jumping for joy at this news.

That was kind of the feeling that I was having right now. I don't know if I was a GM I think I would be looking at Stal instead of Toews. Not impressive to say the least. Funny thing is he will probably still be drafted ahead of Kessel.

Players will be weighed and measured and will perform arm and upper body strength tests, push-ups, sit-ups and bench presses. The tests also include going on the stationary bike for anaerobic and aerobic testing.

I take it you've never done an anaerobic workout if you are surprised that Toews threw up on the stationary bike.

That was kind of the feeling that I was having right now. I don't know if I was a GM I think I would be looking at Stal instead of Toews. Not impressive to say the least. Funny thing is he will probably still be drafted ahead of Kessel.

On what grounds? It's the NHL combine. Honestly the only part that means a lot is the interviews. It's not like the NFL combine where players are expected to play the same year they are drafted so they have to be very physically fit. Most of these guys will get at least a year or two to develop and mature more.

I don't know why you would take Staal ahead of Toews just because Toews lost his lunch on the stationary bike. It happens. Some people puke a lot easier then others. People puke in hard conditioning drills all the time, so maybe Jonathan is one of those people. It boggles my mind why you would take Jordan Staal over Toews if it's just because of his combine so far?

And who the hell cares what Toews can bench press? Let's just ignore his great speed and amazing shot and excellent vision and worry about how much weight the kid can bench. :ohmy: I can't believe this moron thinks this is news.

Geeze... some of you are pretty sensitive.... TSN was the one to report it... I only blogged about it because I thought it was funny. I'll never say anything negative about a Sioux again. :ohmy:
Sorry, I didn't mean to call you specifically a moron. I didn't know it was TSN who reported this first... they're the morons! Thanks for the info though.

Combines can be taken for what they're worth. They're a chance for those on the bubble to move up a few spots in the draft, but I really doubt that guys like Toews, Kessel, Staal, etc. have much to lose. These guys have been watched by GMs and scouts for years, and a bad day at a combine probably won't do much to their stock, especially since they're not going be riding a bike or lifting weights on the ice. Screw ups during ice time may be more problematic though.

I agree. This is no big deal and it's not really news. But would this be your response if this had happened to Kessel? :ohmy:

Must have happened in the offensive end, since he never visits the other end :lol:

Geeze... some of you are pretty sensitive.... TSN was the one to report it... I only blogged about it because I thought it was funny. I'll never say anything negative about a Sioux again. :ohmy:

was that your personal photo that you used in the blog or someones from this site?

Dude is that your blog, cool.

Degroat is right. TSN is the one that reported. it TSN linkk