SiouxSports.com Forum

Dru trial

Greybeard

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1989, I has 2 young cousins tortured and murdered by Wesley Allan Dodd, in Vancouver, WA. He was busted and guilty from the start (since he kept a journal of his victims and planned assults), and was hung (he chose that method) in Washington within the year of Billy and Cole's murders. The death penalty sounds like a great idea, and I agree, that they do not deserve to live, but on the other hand, I really wish that he was alive and suffering for what he did. I do not doubt that prison would not be a wonderful place to be, with the other inmates knowing the reason that you are behind bars. Think Jeffery Dahmer.

I'm not trying to get hung up on semantics, but I'm not positive that murder and causing her death are exactly the same thing. I sure hope they are.

I'm afraid the next phase of the whole process, the sentencing, with the same jury, may take a lot longer. Finding this a**hole guilty may be easy, but making the decision to put him to death may/will be a tough decision for some members of the jury. But, maybe less difficult after they saw the photos of the body.

There's got to be a special place in hell for this guy.

Going to prison, being violated against your will (let your imagiantion be your guide for that one), then being beaten, chocked, stabbed and have your throat slashed sounds like about reasonable punishment for rodrig-ass. He's been in the penal system his whole life, he knows the horrors that lay ahead for someone like him in a penitentiary. Hell will be a welcome sight for him after all of that.

In 1989, I has 2 young cousins tortured and murdered by Wesley Allan Dodd, in Vancouver, WA. He was busted and guilty from the start (since he kept a journal of his victims and planned assults), and was hung (he chose that method) in Washington within the year of Billy and Cole's murders. The death penalty sounds like a great idea, and I agree, that they do not deserve to live, but on the other hand, I really wish that he was alive and suffering for what he did. I do not doubt that prison would not be a wonderful place to be, with the other inmates knowing the reason that you are behind bars. Think Jeffery Dahmer.

Prison only works if sexual predators like Rodriquez stay behind bars. Dru should still be alive today. Besides, how many get executed immediately after sentencing. He and his rear-end will be suffering plenty before the axe falls on his nuts.

Since he is now found guilty, when will he no longer be protected and confined?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that all prisoners found guilty of sex-related offenses are routinely segregated from the prison population. Other prisoners tend to kill them if given the opportunity.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that all prisoners found guilty of sex-related offenses are routinely segregated from the prison population. Other prisoners tend to kill them if given the opportunity.

This may be true but given the number of prisoners incarcerated for sexually committed crimes there must be a $hitload of them in secregation. I don't know how that can be done economically let alone spatially.

I dont know exactly if this is true in ALL cases, but risk and needs of each offender that comes into the institution is considered when placing the prisoner in the house. Since the risk is high for sex offenders, I would imagine that they are segregated. Anybody else know for sure??

I get to tour a Chicago prison in a few weeks...I'll ask. ;)

We don't want that. That would be letting him off too easy. He needs to be subjected to years of torture from the other inmates. On second thought, maybe a public display of torture such as that in Braveheart then place him in prison. Maybe have certain parts of his anatomy removed during the torture. As you can tell this kind of animal brings out the worst in me.

He's already been tried and found guilty in federal court.

I'm not sure where Rodriguez would be sent, it really depends upon what they classify his case. I doubt he'd be sent to a low or minimum security facility. Therefore, that eliminates all of the Federal Pens in Minnesota and South Dakota (there are no Federal Pens in North Dakota).

There are two Medium/High Security prisons in the North Central Region (the Federal Bureau of Prisons seperates the U.S. into regions and the NCR region is where ND falls). One is located at Florence, CO and the other is located in Terre Haute, IN.

Here is the map I got this information off of. You can click on the names you see and it takes you to a page that describes what kind of facility it is. This website in general has a lot of good info on how it all works too.

We don't want that. That would be letting him off too easy.

It's not a question of what we want. It's what I understand is typically done with sex offenders in prisons.

Although this blog describes prison life in England from a convict's point of view, it shows that being treated as a "vulnerable prisoner" isn't exactly a bed of roses. I imagine that it's preferable to being beaten to death with a broom handle by another prisoner (i.e. Jeffrey Dahmer).

It's not a question of what we want. It's what I understand is typically done with sex offenders in prisons.

Although this blog describes prison life in England from a convict's point of view, it shows that being treated as a "vulnerable prisoner" isn't exactly a bed of roses. I imagine that it's preferable to being beaten to death with a broom handle by another prisoner (i.e. Jeffrey Dahmer).

I understand that "we" don't get a choice in the matter. Just stating the obvious (which my wife says I do far too often) that segregation is too good for him. I wish there a text style for sarcasm that I could use when I'm stating the obvious or some other sarcastic quip.